Hi, I write because I have a BBF100-6 Key2 but the slot port 1 doesn't work. I had try reinstall the same firmware, restore the configuration, clean the sim and user others SIMS etc. When I delete the SIM caché in the apps and restart the system It read the slot 1 to check de PIN of the SIM and stay unlocked few seconds and later it says no sim card. Slot 2 works perfectly but i can't use the SIM with my MicroSD.

I think that It's a bug of the software but I don´t know how to solve it or how can upgrade with other compatible ROM.

BBF100-6 Blackberry Key2 Dual SIM
    ACQ160
    PRD63828534

I had read about upgrade to android 12 and other custom ROMs but... when i try to continue the guide step by step my device seems not compatible. Is It any solution for the card reader slot (software, no hardware)? Can I update the android?

Thank you very much
    05-13-22 09:52 AM
    Hi, I write because I have a BBF100-6 Key2 but the slot port 1 doesn't work. I had try reinstall the same firmware, restore the configuration, clean the sim and user others SIMS etc. When I delete the SIM caché in the apps and restart the system It read the slot 1 to check de PIN of the SIM and stay unlocked few seconds and later it says no sim card. Slot 2 works perfectly but i can't use the SIM with my MicroSD.

I think that It's a bug of the software but I don´t know how to solve it or how can upgrade with other compatible ROM.

ACQ160
    PRD63828534

I had read about upgrade to android 12 and other custom ROMs but... when i try to continue the guide step by step my device seems not compatible. Is It any solution for the card reader slot (software, no hardware)? Can I update the android?

Thank you very much
    You can't upgrade the OS beyond what BBMo released for it.... and the boot rom is locked so no custom roms.

If it were a software bug, I think more dual sim KEY2 users would be having issues... for years now as nothing has changed on the software side. Factory Reset should have been all you needed. I'd try a new SIM from your carrier, but if it's working in SIM slot #2, then it sounds like hardware. Try a local repair shop.
    05-13-22 10:28 AM

ACQ160
    PRD63828534

Thank you very much
    Have you done the basics?

Confirm that (as per what I think you state above) that you put a different SIM in slot 1 and whether that worked? If it didn't, what is the symbol displayed for slot 1 in the status bar?

It's not a software bug, you can't change system software in a Key2. I don't know what you're trying to do with an "Android 12" update, there's no such thing and isn't possible as Dunt has stated above. You don't seem very familiar with your phone and how it works, and need to provide a better, more descriptive problem statement for us to help you. Like for example, you've completely omitted when and how the SIM slot stopped working, how you noticed it, etc. You don't provide a good example of what "doesn't work" means; can you call but not send messages? The other way around? etc. etc. etc.
    05-13-22 12:03 PM
    This is a second hand Key2, previosly I had KeyOne device, the card slot in the key2 is read a few seconds when i had some trys withs the caché, broken hardwares don't read 1 only second the port so i think is a software problem.

I know that the original rom is loocked, but I had rooted other devides in the past the last owner could update the rom.

Repair shop suggest that is a software problem, not hardware, they think the same beacause the devide read a few seconds sim cards in the slot 1 seconds.

Yes, i had try all the basics like use different SIMs, it DONT work, only works when I clean the caché of the app, restart the device and it read the SIM a few seconds. Factory reset don't solve it either.

I don't know how it stop working because is a second hand phone.

The other question, upgrade the android or use a custom rom, i had read about it as possible solution in different forums.

Thanks for your responses, english is not my native language.
    05-13-22 12:49 PM
    This is a second hand Key2, previosly I had KeyOne device, the card slot in the key2 is read a few seconds when i had some trys withs the caché, broken hardwares don't read 1 only second the port so i think is a software problem.

I know that the original rom is loocked, but I had rooted other devides in the past the last owner could update the rom.

Repair shop suggest that is a software problem, not hardware, they think the same beacause the devide read a few seconds sim cards in the slot 1 seconds.

Yes, i had try all the basics like use different SIMs, it DONT work, only works when I clean the caché of the app, restart the device and it read the SIM a few seconds. Factory reset don't solve it either.

I don't know how it stop working because is a second hand phone.

The other question, upgrade the android or use a custom rom, i had read about it as possible solution in different forums.

Thanks for your responses, english is not my native language.
    1. The ROM of the Key2 is not rootable. The problem is with your SIM or an interaction between the device and your SIM. For example, in the original GSMIS standards, there were various options for device operator control, e.g. when a carrier's SIM is inserted into a device for the first time, the carrier may opt to compare the IMEI of the device its SIM is in with a database of stolen handsets. This is just an example. There are multiple technical capabilities that may be at play here.

2. It "stopped working" when a new SIM was inserted. This is a good clue.

3. You cannot upgrade the Android runtime on it or use a custom ROM. If you do, please let us all know, we would be very interested in how you did it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-14-22 11:44 AM
    1 I don't try it yet with this device, you can see some info here https://tweakdroid.com/bootloader/bl...f100-6-bbf100/

2 no, any sim is unusable in the slot 1, only works few seconds when i delete de SIM APP caché and restart de device, later dissapear

3 same link that first post, but i don't try it, i look for it because i think if the last owner switch de ROM and make the port unusable
    05-16-22 09:50 AM
    1 I don't try it yet with this device, you can see some info here https://tweakdroid.com/bootloader/bl...f100-6-bbf100/

2 no, any sim is unusable in the slot 1, only works few seconds when i delete de SIM APP caché and restart de device, later dissapear

3 same link that first post, but i don't try it, i look for it because i think if the last owner switch de ROM and make the port unusable
    Junk article. That won't work.
    05-16-22 12:16 PM

Unfortunately, it appears that what you have is a phone that's been tampered with. You can't establish a reliable baseline with this phone, it's damaged. Any attempts to fix it won't be reliable. This is why BlackBerry secured all their handsets with an unlockable bootloader. It's like putting a fifth wheel on a car and then going to the manufacturer and saying "but it doesn't drive well anymore?" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    05-16-22 08:17 PM
    The second post was deleted, i put another that explain how to unlock the bootloader and root. I dont confirm that the ROM was manupulate either. It's only a possible cause of don't work the slot 1. I thought upgrading the device to confirm if was a software problem or hardware.
    05-17-22 11:59 AM
    Solved: as i imagine finally with the info that compiled, the problem is the unsufficient contact with the SIM slot pins, easy repair if you have a similar problem (read a few seconds the slow after clean caché and reset). Solved pushing a little bit the contact pins in the motherboard card reader. I hope help anyones had the same problem with this info.
    Paul Reichert likes this.
    07-05-22 05:00 AM