I have checked service, rebooted, reset network settings, checked SIM card, etc.--all the normal restoration activities...still nothing. Anything else I can try before having to do the dreaded factory settings restoration and losing all my data, such as contacts?
    02-23-22 12:20 PM
    why would you lose any of your data?
    02-23-22 02:10 PM
    My understanding is that if I did the factory reset, all data would be gone, as in just as it was when the phone was first purchased with factory settings. Is that not correct?
    02-23-22 02:19 PM
    Try this: go to Phone, type *#*#46368676#*#* Then choose phone information Set preferred network type: WCDMA preferred. If it works. Report back here because i'm on the same boat with all VoLTE provisioning.
    02-23-22 07:52 PM
    My understanding is that if I did the factory reset, all data would be gone, as in just as it was when the phone was first purchased with factory settings. Is that not correct?
    well yeah but you back your stuff up right?
    02-23-22 08:12 PM
    Anything else I can try before having to do the dreaded factory settings restoration
    I'd stop by a carrier that you're using. ATnT dropped me in the middle of a work day last March I think it was. Simply stopped supporting my unlocked Priv and KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    02-23-22 08:26 PM
    I have checked service, rebooted, reset network settings, checked SIM card, etc.--all the normal restoration activities...still nothing. Anything else I can try before having to do the dreaded factory settings restoration and losing all my data, such as contacts?
    If your on AT&T that was to be expected, unless you KEYone had an AT&T logo on the back.

If your on another carrier... backup the phone using Google Backup and any backup options individual apps might have... then call your carrier's support line.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-24-22 03:10 PM
    If you're on AT&T, you've been asked to basically use a supported device or leave......

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek and ButtonUser like this.
    02-24-22 03:20 PM
    After spending this morning on the line with ATT, I basically learned that both of you are spot on. They're still checking to see if they can do something from their end; if not, I've done what you have suggested and backed up my stuff to the Google cloud, and if they don't find a way to help I will restore to factory settings.
    02-24-22 04:04 PM
    After spending this morning on the line with ATT, I basically learned that both of you are spot on. They're still checking to see if they can do something from their end; if not, I've done what you have suggested and backed up my stuff to the Google cloud, and if they don't find a way to help I will restore to factory settings.
    ATT shut us off. Despite the morons saying the Priv and or a Key1 BBB-100-1 was supported, the actual voice calling is not...just the data. ATT screwed the pooch there. I spent 4 hours in an ATT store on 2-22-22. The guy was on with high-level tech support, we switched sims, reset many times. In the end it turns out ATT's 5G switch when they dropped the 3G only support voip or something like that, which neither Priv nor the Key1's support. So why sure the data works (texts, emails, etc) the voice calling does not. So ATT sucks again.
    Jadedx1FastLude likes this.
    02-24-22 04:55 PM
    This has all been known for months. Hell they have been sending free phones out to make sure people were set up and ready.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-24-22 05:00 PM
    ATT shut us off. Despite the morons saying the Priv and or a Key1 BBB-100-1 was supported, the actual voice calling is not...just the data. ATT screwed the pooch there. I spent 4 hours in an ATT store on 2-22-22. The guy was on with high-level tech support, we switched sims, reset many times. In the end it turns out ATT's 5G switch when they dropped the 3G only support voip or something like that, which neither Priv nor the Key1's support. So why sure the data works (texts, emails, etc) the voice calling does not. So ATT sucks again.
    What are you talking about? The AT&T PRIV and AT&T KEYone are both VoLTE capable and supported.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-22 05:14 PM
    What are you talking about? The AT&T PRIV and AT&T KEYone are both VoLTE capable and supported.

Posted via CB10
    My Key1 BBB-100-1 quit on 2-22-22. Only for voice calls. Only reason I was told is that it didn't support voip, so perhaps ATT only support Vo5G now? Not sure, but I can attest...no matter what we did the voice calls simply didn't work. Texts/emails came through cellular just fine. So I switched to TMobile for now--buys me a few more months.

I didn't try my old Priv--only the Key1.
    ButtonUser likes this.
    02-24-22 05:20 PM
    My Key1 BBB-100-1 quit on 2-22-22. Only for voice calls. Only reason I was told is that it didn't support voip, so perhaps ATT only support Vo5G now? Not sure, but I can attest...no matter what we did the voice calls simply didn't work. Texts/emails came through cellular just fine. So I switched to TMobile for now--buys me a few more months.

Is it the AT&T-sold KEYone PRD-63116-036?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-24-22 05:28 PM

It sounds like you didn't have the AT&T KEYone SpaceBlack 3/32 -036 edition.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-22 05:35 PM
    It sounds like you didn't have the AT&T KEYone SpaceBlack 3/32 -036 edition.

Posted via CB10
    Its a BBB-100-1 and all black. I went from the Priv to the Key2 in 'real' life, just bought an unlocked Key1 with the correct model# for this ATT nonsense. The IMEI registered just fine on their network. From what others who are smarter in the ways of BB told was that the Key1 didnt have the voip that ATT required, so ATT simply didn't explain correctly that while the BBB-100-1 was 'supported', it was only the data piece not the voice over cellular.

I am no techy guy, so who knows. I can only explain my experience.

On to Tmobile with me & back to my Key2. For now.
    02-24-22 05:51 PM
    Its a BBB-100-1 and all black. I went from the Priv to the Key2 in 'real' life, just bought an unlocked Key1 with the correct model# for this ATT nonsense. The IMEI registered just fine on their network. From what others who are smarter in the ways of BB told was that the Key1 didnt have the voip that ATT required, so ATT simply didn't explain correctly that while the BBB-100-1 was 'supported', it was only the data piece not the voice over cellular.

That's not correct. You didn't buy the correct KEYone since the AT&T SpaceBlack KEYone -036 is a carrier locked device and is AT&T VoLTE supported. The BlackEdition KEYone is the -039 and isn't AT&T VoLTE supported.

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-24-22 06:20 PM
    That sounds identical to my circumstances to date, but I'm waiting for more feedback from ATT. If it's the same, I will have to pursue other options, but I really, really wish I didn't have to. Thanks so much for sharing your experience; I really do appreciate your feedback.
    02-24-22 06:23 PM

Type *#837837# into your phone dialer. If it doesn't say PRD-63116-036 it's not from AT&T and won't work.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-24-22 07:08 PM
    That's not correct. You didn't buy the correct KEYone since the AT&T SpaceBlack KEYone -036 is a carrier locked device and is AT&T VoLTE supported. The BlackEdition KEYone is the -039 and isn't AT&T VoLTE supported.

Posted via CB10
    @CHUck & @conite-

If this is the case, then why in the eff did ATT not specifically state this, vs. stating a BBB-100-1 is supported?
    Either way, very poor form on ATT's behalf; be specific on what's supported and not right?
    My Key1 has been put to bed, so no point & checking (it'd just irritate me further). Though, at least I am back to my Key2 on TMobile.
    Once end of life gets here for they Key2's, I'll be excited to see the new forum on all our hated experiences typing on slabs haha!
    02-25-22 08:36 AM
    @CHUck & @conite-

If this is the case, then why in the eff did ATT not specifically state this, vs. stating a BBB-100-1 is supported?
    Either way, very poor form on ATT's behalf; be specific on what's supported and not right?
    My Key1 has been put to bed, so no point & checking (it'd just irritate me further). Though, at least I am back to my Key2 on TMobile.
    Once end of life gets here for they Key2's, I'll be excited to see the new forum on all our hated experiences typing on slabs haha!
    They show 335 phones on their list. If they had to describe each and every variant, it would be well into the thousands and confuse everyone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-25-22 09:01 AM
    They show 335 phones on their list. If they had to describe each and every variant, it would be well into the thousands and confuse everyone.
    Nope- They have/had a separate list for phones affected by their '3G shutdown'. It was 2 pages and had just a few phones on it--not lengthy at all. 2 BB phones. Total fail by ATT. Conite do your work for ATT haha. Trust me, while I am not a super-techy dude, I spent hours verifying the Key1 I bought would be supported well prior to 2-22-22. ATT simply failed me.

If model #'s alone did not lay it out, don't say you support X model#, when you do not? My logic doesn't matter of course, but a simple * stating the model must also support voip would've saved some of us I figure?

On to TMobile-
    02-25-22 09:24 AM
    Nope- They have/had a separate list for phones affected by their '3G shutdown'. It was 2 pages and had just a few phones on it--not lengthy at all. 2 BB phones. Total fail by ATT. Conite do your work for ATT haha. Trust me, while I am not a super-techy dude, I spent hours verifying the Key1 I bought would be supported well prior to 2-22-22. ATT simply failed me.

If model #'s alone did not lay it out, don't say you support X model#, when you do not? My logic doesn't matter of course, but a simple * stating the model must also support voip would've saved some of us I figure?

On to TMobile-
    I've posted the AT&T carrier locked phone list and the factory unlocked list on CB several times. The list showing the AT&T PRIV and AT&T KEYone is the carrier locked phone list.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-25-22 09:27 AM
    I've posted the carrier locked phone list and the factory unlocked list on CB several times. The list showing the PRIV and KEYone is the carrier locked phone list
    My brain should've triggered to check CB vs. trust anything ATT said for sure--that is a fail on me haha.
    02-25-22 09:29 AM

On to TMobile-
    All KEY devices support VoLTE. But AT&T only allows the specific variant they sold on their network.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-25-22 09:31 AM
170 123 ...