I have read in the internet that all phones using BB10 os and earlier os will no longer function as from Jan 4 2022. I however love blackberry and I wanna replace my z10 with a z30 .. any advice ??
    02-13-22 03:58 PM
    No, get a proper phone.
    Enough sticking to the past.
    pdr733 likes this.
    02-13-22 04:55 PM
    I have read in the internet that all phones using BB10 os and earlier os will no longer function as from Jan 4 2022. I however love blackberry and I wanna replace my z10 with a z30 .. any advice ??
    If you buy one... there is a chance it won't get past the setup stage, and you'll have a brick.

If you do get past setup...very limited in what you can do with BB10 at this point, take some time to read through the threads here.
    02-14-22 08:41 AM
    Yea, BBry OS 10 is dead now, unfortunately. I loved my old Z30, but it won't work now. If you still want a "BlackBerry" phone, your best bet is a Key2.
    02-14-22 12:41 PM
    Update guys: Bought a z30 and it's fine. Got past the setup using some insane trick I got from this forum. Phone works well. Email and I really love the hub. Whatsapp also works when u download directly from the WhatsApp website . Am just happy.
    03-13-22 11:50 AM
    Update guys: Bought a z30 and it's fine. Got past the setup using some insane trick I got from this forum. Phone works well. Email and I really love the hub. Whatsapp also works when u download directly from the WhatsApp website . Am just happy.
    What Carrier are you using?
    03-25-22 11:48 PM
    I am in Kenya. Am using Safaricom
    03-26-22 01:08 AM
    I salute your bravery sir! Such dedication and resourcefulness. Had I not a functioning Z30 prior to shutdown, even I would not have added it to my collection! I'm only missing a Classic.
    04-08-22 10:02 PM
    I salute your bravery sir! Such dedication and resourcefulness. Had I not a functioning Z30 prior to shutdown, even I would not have added it to my collection! I'm only missing a Classic.
    Find a cobalt blue classic.
    04-09-22 01:29 AM
    If you buy one... there is a chance it won't get past the setup stage, and you'll have a brick.

If you do get past setup...very limited in what you can do with BB10 at this point, take some time to read through the threads here.
    I don't find bb10 so limited in what you can do with it even after the shutdown. I mean the apps i use on a daily basis are twitter ;there's bird 10 for blackberry which is an okay app . Whatsapp works well too and the hub is something I would kill for. I can also play some games like angry birds which i like. I have an Android phone oppo F9 but the z30 is still my primary device. I just love bb10
    04-12-22 06:04 AM
    I don't find bb10 so limited in what you can do with it even after the shutdown. I mean the apps i use on a daily basis are twitter ;there's bird 10 for blackberry which is an okay app . Whatsapp works well too and the hub is something I would kill for. I can also play some games like angry birds which i like. I have an Android phone oppo F9 but the z30 is still my primary device. I just love bb10
    What a heart-warming story. Thank for reminding me that sometimes a simpler life is a better life. I have WAY too many apps. Contentment is a rare virtue.
    Blacker Berry likes this.
    04-12-22 03:11 PM
    I was willing to risk because i just love blackberry
    04-12-22 04:05 PM
    I'm sure it won't last, but my Z30 is still working on ATT.
    04-22-22 12:37 AM
    What tricks did you use?
    04-22-22 02:47 AM
    04-24-22 03:50 AM
    Hi, we don't want to give our daughter a smartphone but she wants querty for texting and doesn't want a physical keypad. I'm thinking a z30 might be a good solution as she won't have any app access eg TikTok or other ****e.
    12-25-22 03:51 AM
    Hi, we don't want to give our daughter a smartphone but she wants querty for texting and doesn't want a physical keypad. I'm thinking a z30 might be a good solution as she won't have any app access eg TikTok or other ****e.
    Give her a cheap, modern, supported (therefore secure) Android device and use Google's Family Link.

Something like a Nokia G400 5G ($249).
    12-25-22 09:50 PM
    Give her a cheap, modern, supported (therefore secure) Android device and use Google's Family Link.

Something like a Nokia G400 5G ($249).
    Nokias don't run Chinese software like OnePlus, Huawei, Xiaomi etc?

Sent from a slab for now
    12-26-22 01:00 PM
    Nokias don't run Chinese software (or HARDWARE) like OnePlus, Huawei, Xiaomi etc?

Sent from a slab for now
    Finish phone made in Vietnam (and in India for India) by Foxconn (FIH Mobile more specifically). And like Apple, many are assembled in China with parts from elsewhere.

So, no.
    12-26-22 05:39 PM
    Finish phone made in Vietnam (and in India for India) by Foxconn (FIH Mobile more specifically). And like Apple, many are assembled in China with parts from elsewhere.

So, no.
    So I guess they too get added to the "whitelist" alongside 4 others lol

Sent from a slab for now
    12-26-22 05:48 PM
    So I guess they too get added to the "whitelist" alongside 4 others lol

Sent from a slab for now
    Always has been, yep.

Apple, Samsung, Google, Nokia, Asus, Sony.

Unfortunately, Asus has a terrible update commitment. And Sony no longer seems relevant, and may be getting near the end.
    12-26-22 06:57 PM
    Always has been, yep.

Apple, Samsung, Google, Nokia, Asus, Sony.

Unfortunately, Asus has a terrible update commitment. And Sony no longer seems relevant, and may be getting near the end.
    Yep - thanks to all the hysteria we will be down to a MASSIVE 3 choices of manufacturers. But I agree with the Zenphone situation. I would have one already if it wasn't for the lousy support. I just can't understand their business model . You would think they would be forced into 3-5 years on that, either that or they don't give a damn about what happens to the Zenphone division.
    12-26-22 08:05 PM
    Yep - thanks to all the hysteria we will be down to a MASSIVE 3 choices of manufacturers. But I agree with the Zenphone situation. I would have one already if it wasn't for the lousy support. I just can't understand their business model . You would think they would be forced into 3-5 years on that, either that or they don't give a damn about what happens to the Zenphone division.
    Unless there's a community that can root the phones and update them unofficially, two years of security updates is indeed lousy in this day and age. It's too bad cause I was eyeing the compact Zenfone 9, but a phone like that is halfway through its life cycle just a year after release.
    And to add to that, the thing is so rare that it isn't even losing resale value quickly either. And then you have the Samsung's which can be found for half of their original retail price just a year later, with 3-4 years left of support for them.

Sent from a slab for now
    12-27-22 07:02 AM