I have purchased new blackberry passport, I am getting error when connected to laptop it's showing " disconnect your device from your computer and complete the setup on your device. When complete reconnect your device.
    01-08-22 11:41 PM
    I have purchased new blackberry passport, I am getting error when connected to laptop it's showing " disconnect your device from your computer and complete the setup on your device. When complete reconnect your device.
    Unfortunately you are too late to the party, BlackBerry 10 went end of life back in 2019 and they shut down their backend servers for BB10 phones last Tuesday, so you are never going to be able to complete the setup of your passport now as you need a BBID which is just no longer available.

BlackBerry’s App World no longer exists either.

You will not be able to use Link on a computer as this will require a BBID on both Link and the phone.

You will need to use other methods to back the phone up from now and my advice to you would be to return the phone for a refund if you can as unless you really want to do a lot of research and learning about BB10 you’d be better off buying an Android or iPhone at this point.
    01-09-22 08:38 AM
    it's showing " disconnect your device from your computer and complete the setup on your device. When complete reconnect your device.
    Which app is this message coming from? What are you trying to setup?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-22 09:59 AM
    Set your phone up without BID and go with what works, LINK needs to phone home and home went away. The phone will work otherwise unless your provider stops 3G then is a slab.
    01-10-22 11:47 AM
    Unfortunately you are too late to the party, BlackBerry 10 went end of life back in 2019 and they shut down their backend servers for BB10 phones last Tuesday, so you are never going to be able to complete the setup of your passport now as you need a BBID which is just no longer available.

BlackBerry’s App World no longer exists either.

You will not be able to use Link on a computer as this will require a BBID on both Link and the phone.

You will need to use other methods to back the phone up from now and my advice to you would be to return the phone for a refund if you can as unless you really want to do a lot of research and learning about BB10 you’d be better off buying an Android or iPhone at this point.
    Not exactly correct. You can skip through the initial setup and just use it as a barebones device with the bonus ability to install apk files.
    01-10-22 11:57 AM
    Not exactly correct. You can skip through the initial setup and just use it as a barebones device with the bonus ability to install apk files.
    My view of returning the phone if possible still stands, how much longer are apk’s going to be viable anyway?
    01-10-22 02:24 PM
    For me, the stock, pre-installed apps provide 99.9% of all the functionality I want for my BB10 devices. Obviously the won't be the case for all users.

Posted via CB10
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    01-10-22 05:23 PM
    For me, the stock, pre-installed apps provide 99.9% of all the functionality I want for my BB10 devices. Obviously the won't be the case for all users.

Posted via CB10
    Well, we got and kept what we needed (for now, anyway).
    01-10-22 05:44 PM
    Well, we got and kept what we needed (for now, anyway).
    Just to be clear, I now use BB10 only for the CB app, email and for a clock/alarm/timer/stopwatch. I love having a lightweight, focused device for those tasks.

But for all my other Cloud and local apps, I use Windows, Linux, iOS and Android devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-22 05:51 PM
    Just to be clear, I now use BB10 only for the CB app, email and for a clock/alarm/timer/stopwatch. I love having a lightweight, focused device for those tasks.

But for all my other Cloud and local apps, I use Windows, Linux, iOS and Android devices.

Posted via CB10
    Oh - I knew you only used native apps but I thought you had a couple from BBW also. I had 12 apps from BBW that I just had to have. The most important for me were Unmissable, Kalemsoft Media Player, Loyalty, Ultimate Backup and, weirdly, Hockey Scores lol. That's it - glad I never got rid of BBID. Now we'll see how long the hardware holds up.
    anon(10512033) likes this.
    01-10-22 05:59 PM
    Oh - I knew you only used native apps but I thought you had a couple from BBW also. I had 12 apps from BBW that I just had to have. The most important for me were Unmissable, Kalemsoft Media Player, Loyalty, Ultimate Backup and, weirdly, Hockey Scores lol. That's it - glad I never got rid of BBID. Now we'll see how long the hardware holds up.
    I do have some BBW apps (including CB, I assume.). But I don't use any of them on a daily basis because I also have a KEYone for casual apps and my iPhone SE and iPad for streaming media. (Yes, I have three phones, all with differe.t operating systems, and three tablets also with three different OSes!)

I'm happy to have the BBW apps, but my life wouldn't change much if they disappeared, either.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-22 09:28 PM