From 2019 to 2021, Wi-Fi Calling stopped working for me via T-Mobile USA. Wi-Fi Calling came in really handy for when I was inside the office and could not get good reception. It was also handy when traveling. Because of the pandemic, I've been working from home and not traveling anywhere. There wasn't an urgency to get it fixed, though I've tried a few times with customer service to no avail.

With the shutdown of legacy BBOS and BB10, I decided to see if my Z30 could still be used for basic features, phone calls and texting. I could then rely on the Z30 as a backup...

1. Moved SIM from the KEYone to the Z30. (Used SIM adapter.)
    2. Tested the Z30 for phone calls, texting and email. Works.
    3. Moved SIM back to KEYone.
    4. Booted KEYone.
    5. Received REG99 error with Wi-Fi Calling. Swiped away message. (Message usually means 911 info not registered with carrier, but I know that's not the case. I haven't seen this error in a long time.)
    6. Received a txt from 2903:

"We see your phone does not have correct settings to access the internet or send MMS. Settings will be sent to your handset."

7. On a whim, went to Wi-Fi Calling settings, switched to Wi-Fi only. (Normally this would fail.) To my surprise, it enabled!
    8. Switched to Wi-Fi preferred. Enabling... Ready for Calls.
    9. Tried making a call and Phone app shows "Wi-Fi call"!

Maybe the switching over the Z30 triggered T-Mobile to see that the Z30 didn't have the right setup, thus when I moved the SIM back to the KEYone shortly after testing the Z30, the settings were sent to the KEYone instead?
    pkcable likes this.
    01-06-22 03:35 AM
    was your phone a tmobile model or just a factory one? the wife was having the same issue with her keyone no wifi calling no volte. now she has the key2 and got that same text from 2903 you mentioned and now she has the volte but still no wifi calling.
    01-07-22 10:45 PM
    was your phone a tmobile model or just a factory one? the wife was having the same issue with her keyone no wifi calling no volte. now she has the key2 and got that same text from 2903 you mentioned and now she has the volte but still no wifi calling.
    Tell her this worked to get my Key2 WiFi calling working on TMO https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...rking-1163485/

The big difference is you can only tell it's WiFi calling if you look at the screen as it connects.
    01-07-22 11:33 PM
    thanks we'll try that out
    01-07-22 11:43 PM
    Hopefully you both got the Key2 working with Soapm's suggestion, but to answer your question... my KEYone is factory unlocked, bought from Amazon, in the first wave of KEYone's released. It had the screen lift issue after a few drops, if that's any indicator of how old it is.
    01-08-22 04:32 AM
    There never was a T-Mo branded Z30. Wifi-calling used to work on it until recently (works fine on my motion). As I recall BBerry made a version specifically for T-Mo but never released it.
    01-08-22 05:38 PM
    There never was a T-Mo branded Z30. Wifi-calling used to work on it until recently (works fine on my motion). As I recall BBerry made a version specifically for T-Mo but never released it.
    I believe that's what became the factory unlocked -5 model that was heavily discounted around 2015 time frame.
    01-08-22 06:45 PM
    I believe that's what became the factory unlocked -5 model that was heavily discounted around 2015 time frame.
    The -5 is the Z30 I have, bought discounted, and Wi-Fi Calling worked great on it, especially with BlackBerry's Natural Sound, which didn't make it to the KEYone. I remember people remarking how good the sound was when I first starting using the Z30 and how worse it got when I switched to the KEYone.
    01-10-22 08:11 PM
    The -5 is the Z30 I have, bought discounted, and Wi-Fi Calling worked great on it, especially with BlackBerry's Natural Sound, which didn't make it to the KEYone. I remember people remarking how good the sound was when I first starting using the Z30 and how worse it got when I switched to the KEYone.
    I actually enjoyed the Z30 but it lacked the AT&T LTE bands at time so I couldn't use it as primary device. I ended up putting a TMO SIM as backup and getting a Leap also heavily discounted which had the AT&T compatibility.
    01-11-22 05:07 PM
    Well, I've come full circle again... I removed the SIM and put it into my Z30, while I replaced the LCD panel and keyboard on the KEYone. Now, swapping the SIM back, Wi-Fi Calling stays in Enabling... state. (sigh) Wi-Fi Calling had been working perfectly too, enabling by itself within a minute whenever available.
    01-18-23 03:21 AM