I just bought a second hand blackberry classic, which is obviously wiped and has no BBID installed or Protect activated.
    So I thought it is fine for the upcoming (today?) of the shutdown of the BB servers for OS10.

BUT: the phone is asking me to "finish the setup" (it's in german, so I translate approximatively).
    Should I ignore this, or do I need to "finish setup"? What would that mean?

I am afraid of making some bad (unrecoverable) move, this is why I ask.
    (Sorry is I ask some old question - I searched but could not find an answer to this in the forums...)
    01-03-22 08:32 PM
    I just bought a second hand blackberry classic, which is obviously wiped and has no BBID installed or Protect activated.
    So I thought it is fine for the upcoming (today?) of the shutdown of the BB servers for OS10.

BUT: the phone is asking me to "finish the setup" (it's in german, so I translate approximatively).
    Should I ignore this, or do I need to "finish setup"? What would that mean?

I am afraid of making some bad (unrecoverable) move, this is why I ask.
    (Sorry is I ask some old question - I searched but could not find an answer to this in the forums...)
    Yeah, that one should be safe to follow through. It will just check for regional updates or something like that and you'll need to run through the gesture tutorials. One does wonder what will happen after tomorrow if it can no longer reach the server to check for updates.
    horia_m likes this.
    01-03-22 08:51 PM
    @ben-xfg-4233741
    Thanks a lot! I did the "setup finishing" and it worked fine. When asked for setting up BBID and Protect, I skipped them.
    01-03-22 09:18 PM
    @ben-xfg-4233741
    Thanks a lot! I did the "setup finishing" and it worked fine. When asked for setting up BBID and Protect, I skipped them.
    Well done!! Hope things go your way for the rest of the journey...
    horia_m likes this.
    01-03-22 09:57 PM
    It [the setup] will just check for regional updates and you'll need to run through the gesture tutorials. One does wonder what will happen after tomorrow if it can no longer reach the server to check for updates.
    Has anyone had a chance to test it yet? Will the Update Check just time out with some error message and an option to check later or is the phone bricked because of this?
    Last edited by Lex24; 01-07-22 at 07:19 AM.
    01-07-22 06:04 AM
    I have already played through the game four times with my Passport: SIC-Multiwipe + Autoloader = Setup cannot be completed because there is no internet connection. Of course, I've always activated 4G and WiFi, but the error remains.
    .I could set up the passport completely and use it, but because the setup is not completed, I can neither administer the device with BB-Link, nor with DBBT or Sachesi. No sideloading, no backup!
    .I would like to use an older autoloader that is only for the SQW100-1, maybe that would help .....
    01-07-22 06:50 AM
    I have already played through the game four times with my Passport: SIC-Multiwipe + Autoloader = Setup cannot be completed because there is no internet connection. Of course, I've always activated 4G and WiFi, but the error remains.
    .I could set up the passport completely and use it, but because the setup is not completed, I can neither administer the device with BB-Link, nor with DBBT or Sachesi. No sideloading, no backup!
    .I would like to use an older autoloader that is only for the SQW100-1, maybe that would help .....
    What do you mean when you say "...setup is not completed..." and when you say "...I could set up the passport completely and use it..." ? I think I understand what you mean when you say you can't administer with BBLink. I think I understand what you are saying if you say you can't sideload onto it. However, is the rest of of the BB10 OS seemingly there/working?
    01-07-22 07:23 AM
    There is no such thing as an exclusive SQW100-1 loader. They are all identical.
    01-07-22 07:56 AM
    I can set up and use the device. But at the same time I regularly get the system message that the device setup has not been completed. I get the same message from BB-Link, Sachesi, DBBT etc ..
    01-07-22 08:05 AM
    I'm getting the same message on my Classic. I complete the full setup and connect to my WiFi. At this point I'm connected to my WiFi. After a while I get the message to complete setup by tapping OPEN. When I open the message and tap OPEN I'm asked to connect to WiFi which I already did during setup. The problem is there is no Next button to continue. I see my WiFi says connected so I just swipe up to minimize and then tap X to close.
    01-09-22 02:45 PM
    I'm getting the same message on my Classic. I complete the full setup and connect to my WiFi. At this point I'm connected to my WiFi. After a while I get the message to complete setup by tapping OPEN. When I open the message and tap OPEN I'm asked to connect to WiFi which I already did during setup. The problem is there is no Next button to continue. I see my WiFi says connected so I just swipe up to minimize and then tap X to close.
    No way past this.........yet.
    01-09-22 05:16 PM
    No way past this.........yet.
    Back to my trusty Z10 test unit to try another wipe.
    Ben xfg likes this.
    01-09-22 05:29 PM