So this is what happened. While my phone was on today, it suddenly rebooted out of nowhere, except it didn't go beyond the 'BlackBerry powered by Android' logo. Tried rebooting it myself many times already today, but usually it doesn't go beyond the logo and either stays stuck there or keeps rebooting. About one in twenty times, I manage to boot beyond the logo up until the point where I have to input my PIN code to unlock the phone. However, I'm actually unable to input anything at all (the buttons and touchscreen are unresponsive) and the phone then starts continuously vibrating like crazy until it reboots again. How can I fix this?
    12-26-21 06:50 PM
    So this is what happened. While my phone was on today, it suddenly rebooted out of nowhere, except it didn't go beyond the 'BlackBerry powered by Android' logo. Tried rebooting it myself many times already today, but usually it doesn't go beyond the logo and either stays stuck there or keeps rebooting. About one in twenty times, I manage to boot beyond the logo up until the point where I have to input my PIN code to unlock the phone. However, I'm actually unable to input anything at all (the buttons and touchscreen are unresponsive) and the phone then starts continuously vibrating like crazy until it reboots again. How can I fix this?
    Sounds like a power problem. Any chance your power button is stuck?

Try mashing it for a bit.
    12-26-21 10:21 PM
    I actually had this identical thing happen this past week. No luck yet with mashing the power button but I may try it again tomorrow. May I just say that the Titan Pocket is not going to be a long term solution.😜
    12-26-21 11:20 PM

Tried that multiple times, no luck yet so far. It doesn't feel like it's stuck when I push it though.
    12-27-21 01:06 AM

It might be worth mentioning I can access the bootloader menu and it does not automatically make a choice there without me pushing the power button. I suppose that would happen if it were stuck?
    12-27-21 02:10 AM
    It might be worth mentioning I can access the bootloader menu and it does not automatically make a choice there without me pushing the power button. I suppose that would happen if it were stuck?
    Yeah that's a sign of it being stuck - mechanically or electrically.
    12-27-21 09:03 AM
    Then go ahead and try the autoloader. Stay at the bootloader screen and run flashall.bat.

Your device will be wiped in the process.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...patch-1191609/
    Last edited by conite; 12-28-21 at 12:15 AM.
    12-27-21 10:38 AM
    Then go ahead and try the autoloader then. Stay at the bootloader screen and run flashall.bat.

Thanks, I also just found this topic: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...sugar-1150952/
    Wouldn't it be better to use Sugar instead? The model number is KEY2 BBF100-6.

I'd prefer if I could fix it without wiping my data, but it seems like I'm out of options. I also brought it to a phone repair store today and the clerk called me back saying there's no hardware problem, so restoring the factory settings is the only thing he could do as well.
    12-27-21 02:14 PM
    Hi and thank you in advance for any suggestions / help. My issues with my Key 2 BBF-100-2 sound nearly identical but not quite. This morning with the phone on and around 50% battery it suddenly switched off (the battery had been weak - as in only able to charge with higher power/speed chargers for months and I purchased a new battery and had been debating either 1) upgrading to latest software update (which I had been holding off on) OR 2) getting the new battery installed at repair shop. My philosophy with phones is if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it because of experience with software upgrades causing new issues and usually that philosophy serves me well but now I'm at the point where I want to upgrade the software to see if that can fix the power issues. I should note here that MEMORY issues have been very prevalent for a few months now, that makes me think that combined with the POWER issues (battery not holding charge very well, needing a lot of juice to charge etc), that this very likely could be simply a software issue. I'm wondering now if the other users here with similar RECENT "Boot-looping" problems also had some MEMORY issues and if they had upgraded to latest software update or not? To clarify, my phone was at 50% when it shut off. I plugged it into charger, now have gotten it to 94% after about 4 hours mostly plugged in. Occasionally the phone starts to boot and gets to the powered by blackberry screen. Every now and then it goes past that and into the animations / loading and then lands on EITHER the Safe Mode android start screen or the normal android start screen (Clock, my wallpaper, notifications etc) BUT is locked and won't respond to key strokes, swiping - usual ways to unlock from that screen and get rest of loading started. Then usually less than 30 seconds later the screen goes off like a lock mode but the buttons stay lit and then either a short time or longer after that it either shuts right off or reboots to powered by Blackberry screen again. The phone was basically working flawlessly up til this morning - minus battery charging needing high powered cables and plug and memory needing cleaning of app caches almost daily. Could it be that Blackberry stopped service for the previous software and because I didnt upgrade yet the phone has basically stopped responding and is there any way I can sideload / autoload the latest Key 2 bbf-100-2 software for my PRD-63825-005 BELL Mobility in Canada phone WITHOUT having to wipe all data / factory reboot etc? It feels like a software upgrade might just fix this. One problem though, even pressing and holding POWER and Volume Down together, no Boot menu pops up. I don't think I've ever seen the boot menu I see screen shotted online.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and offer any suggestions / advice / relations of similar recent happenings with your Key2's.

Warm Regards,

Darren
    12-27-21 09:38 PM
    Since posting my comment, I read through some more similar threads and it struck me that maybe it could be as simple as a Power button being stuck causing infinite rebooting like the poster of this thread beginning states the problem ended up being for his key2. Thoughts? Going to try and find a repair place to check that power key jam possibility asap.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...tloop-1184068/

"Phillip st
    Originally Posted by conite
    It seems your power button is stuck.
    Well Sir, seems you hunch was exact!

I just got the phone repaired. Specifically, the power button needed to be replaced.

Cost? $60 cash!!! 45 min later and all is well again!

Shout out to ifix Express in Vaughn @ 3175 Rutherford road.

They had the key2 parts in stock! No waiting for days!

Thanks all for your help!" - April 2020

Note: I was outside in -4 weather (the coldest Vancouver has been in a long time) 2 nights ago and took the phone out briefly to take photos and quick video before my hands froze and it was lightly snowing so it's possible some moisture got in or around the power button / mechanisms (the phone was in a pretty solid case though the entire time and it has been out but still in the case when I've been skiing before and simply shut off when it was too cold I guess, not doing endless reboots). The phone worked what appeared to be normal though the day after I was out in the cold so wondering if that could have been cause for moisture but still not caused a problem til over a day later. Seems odd. Factoring in both all this info and the original comment I made directly above this, any ideas!?

Thank you!
    12-28-21 12:52 AM
    Hi and thank you in advance for any suggestions / help. My issues with my Key 2 BBF-100-2 sound nearly identical but not quite. This morning with the phone on and around 50% battery it suddenly switched off (the battery had been weak - as in only able to charge with higher power/speed chargers for months and I purchased a new battery and had been debating either 1) upgrading to latest software update (which I had been holding off on) OR 2) getting the new battery installed at repair shop. My philosophy with phones is if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it because of experience with software upgrades causing new issues and usually that philosophy serves me well but now I'm at the point where I want to upgrade the software to see if that can fix the power issues. I should note here that MEMORY issues have been very prevalent for a few months now, that makes me think that combined with the POWER issues (battery not holding charge very well, needing a lot of juice to charge etc), that this very likely could be simply a software issue. I'm wondering now if the other users here with similar RECENT "Boot-looping" problems also had some MEMORY issues and if they had upgraded to latest software update or not? To clarify, my phone was at 50% when it shut off. I plugged it into charger, now have gotten it to 94% after about 4 hours mostly plugged in. Occasionally the phone starts to boot and gets to the powered by blackberry screen. Every now and then it goes past that and into the animations / loading and then lands on EITHER the Safe Mode android start screen or the normal android start screen (Clock, my wallpaper, notifications etc) BUT is locked and won't respond to key strokes, swiping - usual ways to unlock from that screen and get rest of loading started. Then usually less than 30 seconds later the screen goes off like a lock mode but the buttons stay lit and then either a short time or longer after that it either shuts right off or reboots to powered by Blackberry screen again. The phone was basically working flawlessly up til this morning - minus battery charging needing high powered cables and plug and memory needing cleaning of app caches almost daily. Could it be that Blackberry stopped service for the previous software and because I didnt upgrade yet the phone has basically stopped responding and is there any way I can sideload / autoload the latest Key 2 bbf-100-2 software for my PRD-63825-005 BELL Mobility in Canada phone WITHOUT having to wipe all data / factory reboot etc? It feels like a software upgrade might just fix this. One problem though, even pressing and holding POWER and Volume Down together, no Boot menu pops up. I don't think I've ever seen the boot menu I see screen shotted online.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and offer any suggestions / advice / relations of similar recent happenings with your Key2's.

Warm Regards,

Darren
    Start with a new battery. No sense going any further until that's fixed.
    12-28-21 07:38 AM
    Then go ahead and try the autoloader. Stay at the bootloader screen and run flashall.bat.

Okay, I got my phone back, but it won't allow me to enter the fastboot menu anymore. How can I solve this?
    12-28-21 08:01 AM
    Okay, I got my phone back, but it won't allow me to enter the fastboot menu anymore. How can I solve this?
    Make sure the phone is off.

Hold the power button down.

When the phone buzzes, release the power button and then hold down the down volume button.
    12-28-21 08:05 AM
    Make sure the phone is off.

Hold the power button down.

When the phone buzzes, release the power button and then hold down the down volume button.
    Exactly what I did, to no avail... It just stays stuck at the BB logo.
    12-28-21 08:08 AM
    Exactly what I did, to no avail... It just stays stuck at the BB logo.

Not much else you can do but keep trying from time to time... might start looking for a new phone.
    12-28-21 08:20 AM
    Okay, I somehow managed to get in the fastboot menu, executed the flashall command, everything went wel. Except... it still won't boot beyond the logo? How is that possible? Is there a step I missed?
    12-28-21 09:34 AM
    Okay, I somehow managed to get in the fastboot menu, executed the flashall command, everything went wel. Except... it still won't boot beyond the logo? How is that possible? Is there a step I missed?
    Step you missed was not letting the repair shop fix it while they had it.... should let them do a Factory Reset.

My guess is there is a hardware issue that stops the boot process... but you can keep trying to do a Factory Reset or download and reinstall the OS. I wouldn't give up till you have done it a few times...
    12-28-21 09:43 AM
    Step you missed was not letting the repair shop fix it while they had it.... should let them do a Factory Reset.

My guess is there is a hardware issue that stops the boot process... but you can keep trying to do a Factory Reset or download and reinstall the OS. I wouldn't give up till you have done it a few times...
    Well, I wasn't going to pay the repair shop to do something I could myself.

Now my phone won't turn on at all anymore. How can I download and reinstall the OS like that?
    12-28-21 10:13 AM
    Well, I just went back to the repair shop and they don't actually know how to do a factory reset on this phone. -_-"
    12-28-21 10:52 AM
    My Key2 keeps bootlooping-1xofnf.jpg

might need to accept it....
    12-28-21 11:08 AM
    Well, I just went back to the repair shop and they don't actually know how to do a factory reset on this phone. -_-"
    I would expect the shop to be able to get the phone back to you in the same condition you handed it over in
    12-28-21 12:34 PM
    I would expect the shop to be able to get the phone back to you in the same condition you handed it over in
    That's what they did. Doesn't help me unfortunately.
    12-28-21 12:53 PM
    That's what they did. Doesn't help me unfortunately.
    I thought device powered on at least before and now won’t even power on?
    12-28-21 01:05 PM
    I thought device powered on at least before and now won’t even power on?
    If powered on after he left them. Even enough he was able eventually to run an autoloader on it, but it wouldn't boot and at some point died after that.
    12-28-21 01:19 PM
    Well, I wasn't going to pay the repair shop to do something I could myself.

Now my phone won't turn on at all anymore. How can I download and reinstall the OS like that?
    That's what the autoloader does. Just try running the autoloader a few more times. Check that it actually completes without any errors.
    Could also try a different cable or USB port.
    12-28-21 09:10 PM
31 12