Oh man. Cracked my 100-2 screen and the only available one that wasn't 1200+ dollars was the 100-4 China variant, shipping from Chicago, and I bought it before realizing it was the China variant. What can I expect? Will I be able to flash it if it comes locked down and with Chinese equivalents for apps? I just don't know what to expect, any info is appreciated
    12-23-21 11:58 AM
    Oh man. Cracked my 100-2 screen and the only available one that wasn't 1200+ dollars was the 100-4 China variant, shipping from Chicago, and I bought it before realizing it was the China variant. What can I expect? Will I be able to flash it if it comes locked down and with Chinese equivalents for apps? I just don't know what to expect, any info is appreciated
    You need a special build to flash on a Chinese phone. It doesn't come with "the Google', but the Chinese" equivalents".

But you can just use it for the screen.
    12-23-21 12:05 PM
    ok where can I get the special build? I don't want to just use it for the screen I could have found a replacement screen for way less than 700 bucks. also I spike my key2 a while back in an argument, fingerprint sensor doesn't work.

Or do you mean the hw has to be a special build? And the most I can do is hope that's what it is?
    12-23-21 12:18 PM
    ok where can I get the special build? I don't want to just use it for the screen I could have found a replacement screen for way less than 700 bucks. also I spike my key2 a while back in an argument, fingerprint sensor doesn't work.

Or do you mean the hw has to be a special build? And the most I can do is hope that's what it is?
    I don't think you understand. The Chinese version only load the Chinese software.
    12-23-21 12:50 PM
    I don't think you understand. The Chinese version only load the Chinese software.
    So basically I screwed myself on this one?
    12-23-21 12:52 PM
    So basically I screwed myself on this one?
    Most likely. Although you can also take the keyboard out of it.

There is a chance that if you try to load the build outside of China it might change how it's installed. We can always try.
    12-23-21 12:56 PM
    Hmmm.....if it fails is it a brick? I won't have it until next week, and I'm willing to try. would it just be a keyboard issue, the fingerprint scanner? wasn't sure if it was that or how my phone is bent from when I spiked it. wasn't able to get it to work for a minute, had to flex it around, but that was a few months ago and the only thing that didn't work when I got it recognizing the keyboard was the scanner
    12-23-21 01:03 PM
    Hmmm.....if it fails is it a brick? I won't have it until next week, and I'm willing to try. would it just be a keyboard issue, the fingerprint scanner? wasn't sure if it was that or how my phone is bent from when I spiked it. wasn't able to get it to work for a minute, had to flex it around, but that was a few months ago and the only thing that didn't work when I got it recognizing the keyboard was the scanner
    Why not just return it for a refund?
    12-23-21 01:04 PM
    no returns accepted. bought off ebay
    12-23-21 01:08 PM
    no returns accepted. bought off ebay
    I’d still try eBay dispute process. It favors buyers over sellers for the most part. The phone can’t be re-flashed or lacks certification basic USA compatibility because of that. Anything to claim a non-disclosure or trigger a loophole. Think like a swap meet vendor or swap meet customer playing that ever so tiny legality angle or customer service angle that exists…..

I know it sounds awful but eBay and sellers don’t want a single transaction messing up their overall reputation… In the end, if nothing else, dispute transaction on your card through your card issuer.
    12-23-21 01:09 PM
    hey don't use my sn against me. the swap meets around here have been gone a long time, I'm rusty lol

Anyways....Conite gave me a good idea. I will probably gut it and move the insides of Rumble over to the other phones case. then I'm not losing my technopathic connection with Rumble lol....
    12-23-21 01:25 PM
    Most likely. Although you can also take the keyboard out of it.

There is a chance that if you try to load the build outside of China it might change how it's installed. We can always try.
    Ok. Well I have the phone. Was going to remove the guts from Rumble but following the iFixit disassembly resulted in the sockets for the antenna popping off the board. Would you be able to point me in the direction of this special build and instructions on how to flash it?
    12-30-21 10:56 PM
    Ok. Well I have the phone. Was going to remove the guts from Rumble but following the iFixit disassembly resulted in the sockets for the antenna popping off the board. Would you be able to point me in the direction of this special build and instructions on how to flash it?
    What build is on it now?

Type *#837837# into the phone dialer.
    12-30-21 11:02 PM
    What build is on it now?

Type *#837837# into the phone dialer.
    Attached Thumbnails BBF100-4-169812.jpg  
    12-30-21 11:05 PM
    Does it have the Google apps on it now?
    12-30-21 11:10 PM
    Does it have the Google apps on it now?
    No.
    12-30-21 11:12 PM
    No.
    Remove your device password, and then turn the device off.

Then hold the power button down until you feel a buzz, and then switch to the down volume button. This will bring you to the bootloader screen.

Install the USB drivers on your PC:

https://mega.nz/file/YVI0VKpR#38iPAM...Q2t1X-Ro2M82WI

In the meantime, I will build you an autoloader. The hope (and it's only a hope) is that if the build is installed outside of China, it might imprint itself differently on the device and provide the Google apps.
    12-30-21 11:18 PM
    Remove your device password, and then turn the device off.

Then hold the power button down until you feel a buzz, and then switch to the down volume button. This will bring you to the bootloader screen.

Install the USB drivers on your PC:

https://mega.nz/file/YVI0VKpR#38iPAM...Q2t1X-Ro2M82WI

In the meantime, I will build you an autoloader. The hope (and it's only a hope) is that if the build is installed outside of China, it might imprint itself differently on the device and provide the Google apps.
    I assume I can do this through Linux? Or do I need to use my WinSteam rig?
    12-30-21 11:21 PM
    I assume I can do this through Linux? Or do I need to use my WinSteam rig?
    I only have the Windows scripts.

This should work:
    https://mega.nz/file/pdBjAARa#l5WNgD...z91HlU3r-CGWfs
    12-30-21 11:24 PM
    I only have the PC scripts.
    Ummm...so everything I just mentioned is a PC. WinSteam is just what I call a Windows rig that is running only Steam and stuff related to my Steam use. Still a PC. So it should run through a Linux PC? Or do I need to use my Windows rig?
    12-30-21 11:27 PM
    Ummm...so everything I just mentioned is a PC. WinSteam is just what I call a Windows rig that is running only Steam and stuff related to my Steam use. Still a PC. So it should run through a Linux PC? Or do I need to use my Windows rig?
    Windows.
    12-30-21 11:28 PM
    12-30-21 11:29 PM
    Windows.
    ok everything is downloaded am at bootloader screen, connected to pc. Whats the next step? Sorry its been a long time since I have have messed with flashing, only done it on the key2 before to flash the original modem so I could get wifi calling.
    12-31-21 12:59 AM
    Found instructions trying now
    12-31-21 01:25 AM
    No dice. Same BS Chinese apps
    12-31-21 01:30 AM
27 12