Since I couldn't wait for OnwardMobility to release their version of a BlackBerry AND have AT&T certify it for use on their network, I purchased a Sony Xperia 5 II. I found the BB Hub + services app along with the other Hub + apps in Google Play and installed all but BlackBerry Launcher, (I don't know if it's needed, and I don't know what a launcher is). When I try to set up the account with the email address that I use as my main email account as well as my BBID and for Google, none of the passwords I for those accounts work, I receive the following message: Your account (zx... @....net account) can't be authenticated. Update your account settings and try again. I have clicked on update settings and filled in the information for my email address as it is in the settings for the account on my Z10, but I receive the same message. I am not using a gmail account because I don't want a gmail account. Is this the reason why it is not working, or is it something else? I have never been asked to set up an account, just to sign in when I input the email address I use for google and BBID.
    11-20-21 04:19 PM
    Since I couldn't wait for OnwardMobility to release their version of a BlackBerry AND have AT&T certify it for use on their network, I purchased a Sony Xperia 5 II. I found the BB Hub + services app along with the other Hub + apps in Google Play and installed all but BlackBerry Launcher, (I don't know if it's needed, and I don't know what a launcher is). When I try to set up the account with the email address that I use as my main email account as well as my BBID and for Google, none of the passwords I for those accounts work, I receive the following message: Your account (zx... @....net account) can't be authenticated. Update your account settings and try again. I have clicked on update settings and filled in the information for my email address as it is in the settings for the account on my Z10, but I receive the same message. I am not using a gmail account because I don't want a gmail account. Is this the reason why it is not working, or is it something else? I have never been asked to set up an account, just to sign in when I input the email address I use for google and BBID.
    Time to move to a modern, supported, and secure solution. The BlackBerry Suite has been abandoned for 2 years.
    pdr733 likes this.
    11-20-21 05:58 PM
    Have you logged into your Google account profile?
    11-20-21 07:13 PM
    Have you logged into your Google account profile?
    I did log in, and to make sure that I had logged in, I opened YouTube, photos, maps, the play store, and the google app, and they all show my picture at the top.
    11-20-21 07:25 PM
    I did log in, and to make sure that I had logged in, I opened YouTube, photos, maps, the play store, and the google app, and they all show my picture at the top.
    Since BBHub is less optimized for other Android devices than BBAndroid devices, I quit wasting time on it when I retired my LG V30 last year. With all the problems everyone is experiencing on the most recent Android updates of Chrome and Webview, I'd simplify life and move on by not wasting time on BBHub as many have. For aggregation of email accounts, I recommend the Gmail app or the Outlook app.
    11-20-21 07:50 PM
    Based on some of the other threads about Hub and 2FA here in CB, I think you probably need to go into the web page setup for each of the different account services (ie: go logon to gmail/google account via a web browser and then into account settings) and then in there setup an app specific password for Hub/Inbox, and then use that app specific password for what you use in Hub/Inbox setup on your phone for that account, as opposed to your actual account password.
    11-21-21 10:03 AM
    If you are using a VPN or AV, turn this off before setting up the account. If you are having the HUB set up the account automatically by discovering the settings and it doesn't work, set it up manually. That means, obtain the configuration settings for your mail service and select manual setup when setting it up in the HUB. Enter all the values manually. Pay particular attention to the security settings (encryption/authentication etc.).
    11-21-21 10:53 AM
    Since BBHub is less optimized for other Android devices than BBAndroid devices, I quit wasting time on it when I retired my LG V30 last year. With all the problems everyone is experiencing on the most recent Android updates of Chrome and Webview, I'd simplify life and move on by not wasting time on BBHub as many have. For aggregation of email accounts, I recommend the Gmail app or the Outlook app.
    I installed Yahoo mail and installed my bellsouth and att email accounts, then I installed my soon to be deleted outlook account. At least I can see all my emails in one place. I wanted Password Keeper because it's simple and suits my needs. Hopefully I can find something else that's free, (or at least only a low one-time fee), that I can import my passwords from Password Keeper. I also hope to find an app for all my notes in Remember. Between the two of them, I have nearly 600 entries, about 2/3 in Password Keeper.
    11-21-21 02:12 PM
    If you are using a VPN or AV, turn this off before setting up the account. If you are having the HUB set up the account automatically by discovering the settings and it doesn't work, set it up manually. That means, obtain the configuration settings for your mail service and select manual setup when setting it up in the HUB. Enter all the values manually. Pay particular attention to the security settings (encryption/authentication etc.).
    I installed Yahoo mail and installed my bellsouth and att email accounts, then I installed my soon to be deleted outlook account. At least I can see all my emails in one place. I wanted Password Keeper because it's simple and suits my needs. Hopefully I can find something else that's free, (or at least only a low one-time fee), that I can import my passwords from Password Keeper. I also hope to find an app for all my notes in Remember. Between the two of them, I have nearly 600 entries, about 2/3 in Password Keeper.
    Thanks for the assistance.
    11-21-21 02:13 PM
    Use Bitwarden.
    rthonpm likes this.
    11-21-21 02:16 PM
    I forgot to say thank you for your assistance.
    BTW, is your username named after the alias of Sam Axe of Burn Notice?
    11-21-21 02:19 PM
    Use Bitwarden.
    Thanks, I'll try it.
    11-21-21 02:20 PM
    Thanks for the assistance.
    Ah, OK, Yahoo mail has some unknown telemetry, I would have picked Outlook before that. I used to have a Bellsouth email account, it was a pain in the *** to configure with any mail client so I understand your pain. You can still use Password Keeper, it's free? But if not for some reason, Microsoft OneNote is good (but just for notes).
    11-21-21 02:28 PM
    Ah, OK, Yahoo mail has some unknown telemetry, I would have picked Outlook before that. I used to have a Bellsouth email account, it was a pain in the *** to configure with any mail client so I understand your pain. You can still use Password Keeper, it's free? But if not for some reason, Microsoft OneNote is good (but just for notes).
    No reason to invest more time into Password Keeper, as it won't be available on future devices.

Yahoo app is safe, but I would use Gmail, Outlook, or Spark before it just for usability alone.
    11-21-21 03:04 PM
    I forgot to say thank you for your assistance.
    BTW, is your username named after the alias of Sam Axe of Burn Notice?
    That would be the origins from which I named myself.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-21 04:43 PM
    That would be the origins from which I named myself.

Posted via CB10
    I thought so. I have been meaning to ask that for a long time, but just never did.

I was able to get BB10 Password Keeper on the phone without any difficulties setting up an account, but I had to figure out how to export all my passwords into it. I exported them from my Z10 to the micro SD card, then I had to find the file, (that was the difficult part), so they could be imported. I still have to figure out which notes app I'm going to use and then I hope I find a way to copy them. I have a lot of notes, too many to rewrite in another app.
    Thanks for all your help
    11-21-21 04:57 PM
    [QUOTE=conite;13607100]No reason to invest more time into Password Keeper, as it won't be available on future devices.

Yahoo app is safe, but I would use Gmail, Outlook, or Spark before it just for usability alone.[/QUOTE

I have Password Keeper installed and was able to import all of my passwords from the Z10 app.. I'll use it for now and look for another password vault to replace it for when it no longer works. I like the fact that it's free and simple.

Everyone was telling me there was going to be a steep learning curve when I went from my Torch to the Z10, but I was up and running in about fifteen minutes. Android has proven to be a whole other animal though, but iPhones don't have the features I want, like expandable memory, which is how I exported and imported my passwords onto the Xperia.

So far so good with the Yahoo mail app, but I haven't looked into customizing notifications for each account like I have on my BB10 phones
    11-21-21 05:07 PM
    [QUOTE=zx9r170;13607107]
    No reason to invest more time into Password Keeper, as it won't be available on future devices.

Yahoo app is safe, but I would use Gmail, Outlook, or Spark before it just for usability alone.[/QUOTE

I have Password Keeper installed and was able to import all of my passwords from the Z10 app.. I'll use it for now and look for another password vault to replace it for when it no longer works. I like the fact that it's free and simple.

Everyone was telling me there was going to be a steep learning curve when I went from my Torch to the Z10, but I was up and running in about fifteen minutes. Android has proven to be a whole other animal though, but iPhones don't have the features I want, like expandable memory, which is how I exported and imported my passwords onto the Xperia.

So far so good with the Yahoo mail app, but I haven't looked into customizing notifications for each account like I have on my BB10 phones
    Password Keeper on Android is as far as I know a current app and I'm not aware of any plans for BlackBerry to sunset it? (happy to be corrected if there is a notice somewhere in the BlackBerryverse).

My transition from BB10 to Android was tedious but not complex. I still think you can get the HUB working, maybe it's time to drop those ISP email accounts and get a standalone One? And then turn on forwarding. Might be a nice gradual way to transition.
    11-22-21 09:13 AM
    [QUOTE=Ph1llip;13607212]

Password Keeper on Android is as far as I know a current app and I'm not aware of any plans for BlackBerry to sunset it? (happy to be corrected if there is a notice somewhere in the BlackBerryverse).

My transition from BB10 to Android was tedious but not complex. I still think you can get the HUB working, maybe it's time to drop those ISP email accounts and get a standalone One? And then turn on forwarding. Might be a nice gradual way to transition.
    They have not put up any notifications about EOL dates as of yet.... of course when they sunset the other Android Device Apps, the announcement came and the apps were EOL right away (but still worked). My guess... is the apps have to be "supported" till the end of BBMo's support window for customers in markets where a two year warranty was required. So that puts support to around Aug 2022 at least.

But Password Keeper hasn't had an update since May of 2020.... And there are MUCH better products on the market that will work across a wide verity of devices.
    11-22-21 09:48 AM
    [QUOTE=Dunt Dunt Dunt;13607216]

They have not put up any notifications about EOL dates as of yet.... of course when they sunset the other Android Device Apps, the announcement came and the apps were EOL right away (but still worked). My guess... is the apps have to be "supported" till the end of BBMo's support window for customers in markets where a two year warranty was required. So that puts support to around Aug 2022 at least.

But Password Keeper hasn't had an update since May of 2020.... And there are MUCH better products on the market that will work across a wide verity of devices.
    Sigh...yes, I agree. It's just that I don't like password apps that are designed to easily sync across devices via the cloud.

That and my damnable nostalgia for all things BlackBerry. When Hub, Password Keeper, Redactor and Privacy Shade are sunsetted, I'll have to do it then. So I have until next August? Good/sad to know!
    11-22-21 09:59 AM

Sigh...yes, I agree. It's just that I don't like password apps that are designed to easily sync across devices via the cloud.

That and my damnable nostalgia for all things BlackBerry. When Hub, Password Keeper, Redactor and Privacy Shade are sunsetted, I'll have to do it then. So I have until next August? Good/sad to know!
    What's wrong with syncing to the cloud? It's still password protected.

Why does data resiliency have to take a back seat?
    pdr733 and rthonpm like this.
    11-22-21 10:00 AM
    [QUOTE=Ph1llip;13607217]

Keepass - is your answer. Every platform known to mankind and no cloud integration but you can easily store the master encryption file in any cloud you wish to for easy access if you really want to. Your choice.
    11-22-21 10:05 AM
    What's wrong with syncing to the cloud? It's still password protected.

Why does data resiliency have to take a back seat?
    Because I have a very old fashioned and "unhip" view of security. Where convenience is viewed with suspicion. Directly stemming from the paranoia of my workplace (forgive the tin foil hat!)
    11-22-21 10:08 AM
    [QUOTE=brookie229;13607219]

Keepass - is your answer. Every platform known to mankind and no cloud integration but you can easily store the master encryption file in any cloud you wish to for easy access if you really want to. Your choice.
    Yup. I've tried them all and the shortlist was LastPass, EnPass and Keepass. I decided on Keepass for the very reason you mentioned! UI isn't as pretty as LastPass or EnPass but when Password Keeper sunsets, that's what I'm likely to move to.
    11-22-21 10:13 AM
    [QUOTE=Ph1llip;13607221]

Yup. I've tried them all and the shortlist was LastPass, EnPass and Keepass. I decided on Keepass for the very reason you mentioned! UI isn't as pretty as LastPass or EnPass but when Password Keeper sunsets, that's what I'm likely to move to.
    There are several android apps available but I'm using a FOSS Keypass app from F-Droid. No complaints.
    11-22-21 10:22 AM