Hello!

I recently acquired a new-condition (stickers still attached) BlackBerry Z30 and cannot connect to any Outlook account. Ultimately, I am trying to connect my firm's account, which has a custom domain: I can access it through outlookf.office365.com. The model number is STA100-5, and the OS version is 10.3.1.997 loaded using autoloader. I have also troubleshooted using a regular hotmail.com account. Basically, the only e-mail I have been able to add is Gmail where it brings me the Browser to log in.

Below is what I have tried and the results:

1. Automatic: "Unable to create your account at this time."
    2. Advanced - Work Account: Device activation can't be completed because the setup process or a training tutorial has not completed on your device. Please try again later."
    3. Advanced - Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync with server address: outlook.office365.com, port 443, use SSL on: "The server outlook.office365.com for account (xxx) is not responding. The server name in your account settings..."
    4. Advanced - Microsoft Exchange Active Sync with server address: eas.outlook.com, port 443, use SSL on: "The server eas.outlook.com for account (xxx) is not responding. The server name in your account settings..."

Please help! I love the Z30, and I purchased it exclusively to have a phone for only work. I do not understand what is happening, and would appreciate any help you might be able to offer!

Thanks!
    10-27-21 01:58 PM
    5. Advanced - Outlook.com with server address m.hotmail.com, port 443, use SSL on: (Gets to page with sliders for "Sync Email", "Sync Contacts", etc." but then "The server for account ActiveSync: Work [m.hotmail.com, port:443 can't be reached..."
    6. Advanced - IMAP using settings found on the online account, though under encryption method for IMAP setting it says, "TLS", but this is not an available option such that I used STARTTLS. There is a long wait at "Saving and verifying your settings", and eventually it says, "The server outlook.office365.com for your account (xxx) is not responding. Please check your settings and try again.
    7. Advanced - IMAP using same settings as 6 except "Off" for IMAP encryption method: "The server smtp.office365.com for account (xxx) is not responding. The server name in your account settings might be incorrect..."
    8. Advanced - IMAP using same settings as 6 except SSL encryption under IMAP. There is a long wait at "Saving and verifying your settings", and eventually it says, "The serve outlook.office365.com for your account (xxx) is not responding..."
    9. Advanced - POP: Settings found on with Use SSL on. There is a long wait at "Saving and verifying your settings", and eventually it says, "The server smtp.office365.com for account (xxx) is not responding The server name in your account settings might be incorrect..."
    10-27-21 01:59 PM
    5. Advanced - Outlook.com with server address m.hotmail.com, port 443, use SSL on: (Gets to page with sliders for "Sync Email", "Sync Contacts", etc." but then "The server for account ActiveSync: Work [m.hotmail.com, port:443 can't be reached..."
    6. Advanced - IMAP using settings found on the online account, though under encryption method for IMAP setting it says, "TLS", but this is not an available option such that I used STARTTLS. There is a long wait at "Saving and verifying your settings", and eventually it says, "The server outlook.office365.com for your account (xxx) is not responding. Please check your settings and try again.
    7. Advanced - IMAP using same settings as 6 except "Off" for IMAP encryption method: "The server smtp.office365.com for account (xxx) is not responding. The server name in your account settings might be incorrect..."
    8. Advanced - IMAP using same settings as 6 except SSL encryption under IMAP. There is a long wait at "Saving and verifying your settings", and eventually it says, "The serve outlook.office365.com for your account (xxx) is not responding..."
    9. Advanced - POP: Settings found on with Use SSL on. There is a long wait at "Saving and verifying your settings", and eventually it says, "The server smtp.office365.com for account (xxx) is not responding The server name in your account settings might be incorrect..."
    First off, you're using a developer only OS not intended for real-world use. I have a link to the real one:

https://mega.nz/file/tVgyjDYS#ojnru-...CIkAU1dIybpHK0

Second, BB10 does not handle multi-factor authentication, so you will have to obtain an app specific password if they are inclined to give you one.

At the end of the day, I can't believe they would be very happy with you using an eight-year-old device for work-related data.
    10-27-21 02:01 PM
    Hello!

Please help! I love the Z30, and I purchased it exclusively to have a phone for only work. I do not understand what is happening, and would appreciate any help you might be able to offer!

Thanks!

If you just purchased it... can you return it?

As great as the Z30 was eight years ago, there are much better slab phones today. It's great you want to return to BlackBerry after all this time, but you picked the wrong time to try out BB10. It's been EOL of a number of years now and BlackBerry is pulling the plug on backend services on Jan 4th. Still not sure what all that will kill but it's going to greatly degrade an already limited experience, and could affect actual usage (as BlackBerry has warned).

While installing the right OS as conite has provided and looking at doing an app password will likely work for personal outlook accounts... it isn't a recommended solution and not likely that your company will allow it.

If you do want to continue... might be best to bypass the BBID setup and do without those features, as they will soon be gone anyway.
    10-27-21 02:24 PM
    Apologies, but what do you mean by this sentence "BB10 does not handle multi-factor authentication..."?
    10-27-21 02:33 PM
    Apologies, but what do you mean by this sentence "BB10 does not handle multi-factor authentication..."?
    That it's not supported...

It's a more secure means of authentication of your identity that has been the standard for years now. With BB10 you have to go into your email account setting and disable it, and then create an app specific password to use with BB10 Email. Should work after that.

But work accounts normally will not allow less secure apps, or access to these settings. All depends on your relationship with IT, and how they feel about allowing "less secure apps" access.
    10-27-21 03:08 PM
    Is there another option? What about an alias or something like that?
    10-27-21 05:10 PM
    Is there another option? What about an alias or something like that?
    Nope.
    10-27-21 05:29 PM
    Glad to see you here again.
    The last time you were here was 10 years ago.
    mikael11 likes this.
    10-28-21 03:04 AM
    Did anyone ever identify a solution for the original question?

I also had outgoing SMTP fail starting sometime in fall 2021. Incoming IMAP continues to work, at least before I reinstall the OS prior to end of life. The saved connection preferences had worked for years and continue to work on other devices and on computers. Resaving the connection preferences leads to a similar message as #6 to 9 in the original posts.
    01-02-22 04:27 PM
    Update: it turns out that using the autoloader procedure to wipe the phone and reinstall in advance of the EOL shutdown was enough to solve this problem. Now that the Z30 is on 10.3.03.3216, the same email settings that I used before are working fine after I added the account.
    01-03-22 05:47 PM
    Darn. I had wiped and reloaded most of my BlackBerry devices before the shutdown, but I forgot my Q5. Am stuck with the older 10.3.2.2474 OS. Just no way to hook up to my Microsoft account. The other mail services work though.
    05-26-22 07:21 AM
    I have a Blackverry Passport - using OS 10.3.3, and cant connect email: “The server outlook.office365.com for account (xxx) is not responding. The server name in your account settings..."
    Anybody can help me? Thanks
    10-22-23 09:24 PM
    I have a Blackverry Passport - using OS 10.3.3, and cant connect email: “The server outlook.office365.com for account (xxx) is not responding. The server name in your account settings..."
    Anybody can help me? Thanks
    Have to enable less secure apps - setup an App Password.

Do manual setup of outlook using that password.

If this is a personal account then it should work.
    If it's a work account, good chance it won't work.
    10-23-23 07:49 AM
    Thank bro,
    it's a work account and it's not still working.
    Do you have the other solution?
    10-25-23 04:32 AM
    Thank bro,
    If you need work email you'll need to get a current device.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    m3ach and ppred like this.
    10-25-23 10:49 AM
    Thank bro,
    It all depends on how your IT department has setup your company's email system.... generally things like less secure apps is not turned on.

If you have a web portal for your email, look at the setting and see if you have access to anything like that.
    ppred likes this.
    10-25-23 11:26 AM
    Thank bro,
    Really your only option is going to be a new up to date phone, even if you manage to get it working by some miracle it’s not going to be long before something else changes that breaks it again.

The problem with using such an out of date EOL phone unfortunately.
    ppred likes this.
    10-26-23 04:55 AM