I want to get an unlocked priv to use on t mobile in the u.s. I'm pretty sure the model I need is STV100-1? I'm currently in using a factory unlocked Keyone. I know or I think this supports t mobile's VOLTE because when I'm on a call it has a box with "HD" next to the call times. Does this mean it supports VOLTE?

Will or does the priv do the same? If not I may have to just suck it up and get a titan or titan pocket to have a qwerty keyboard phone.

Thanks for any help with this.
    09-21-21 09:19 PM
    I want to get an unlocked priv to use on t mobile in the u.s. I'm pretty sure the model I need is STV100-1? I'm currently in using a factory unlocked Keyone. I know or I think this supports t mobile's VOLTE because when I'm on a call it has a box with "HD" next to the call times. Does this mean it supports VOLTE?

Will or does the priv do the same? If not I may have to just suck it up and get a titan or titan pocket to have a qwerty keyboard phone.

Don’t waste your money unless you’re prepared for a smartphone that’s just so dog-slow it’s miserable. I don’t personally support Titan or Titan Pocket however the PRIV would be even worse.
    Laura Knotek and John Albert like this.
    09-21-21 09:49 PM

Yes HD Voice is the same as VOLTE.

Is there something wrong with the KEYone?

If those were my choices.... I'd go the the Titan Pocket and use NetGuard. I'd also be a little more selective with what I used it for. Also keep in mind it is missing band 71 for T-Mobile - that may or may not be an issue in your area or when you travel.
    09-23-21 03:21 PM

Yes. I have a Tmobile Priv working on Tmobile network with voice over LTE. SVT100-1.
    09-23-21 04:51 PM
    Don’t waste your money unless you’re prepared for a smartphone that’s just so dog-slow it’s miserable. I don’t personally support Titan or Titan Pocket however the PRIV would be even worse.
    For the record, I have the BlackBerry Limited Factory Unlocked PRIV and I have TMO as backup network. It did have VoLTE but my statement remains the same, in 2021 the device literally sucks from a usability standpoint.
    09-23-21 06:47 PM
    Hi nothing wrong with keyone I just always likes slider blackberry phones,and wouldn't mind having a priv.
    09-25-21 12:19 AM
    Hi nothing wrong with keyone I just always likes slider blackberry phones,and wouldn't mind having a priv.
    I own two and the AT&T PRIV was a primary device for me five (5) years ago. It faced many operational issues back then since it was BlackBerry Limited’s first and only complete internal Android device before it exited the mobile business.

In 2021, my factory unlocked PRIV is a device for playing around with on WiFi in my living room but not really carrying around to depend on as usable phone. If you’re worried about things like VoLTE, it suggests you’re expecting to use the device. I believe that I showed VoLTE on device with T-Mobile but it doesn’t necessarily have all the newer bands T-Mobile may use in your area. If you can afford the $50-$100 USD as throwaway money, have fun.
    09-25-21 07:07 AM
    nothing wrong with keyone
    I have had to switch from ATnT to T-Mobile ever since they dumped me in the middle of the day this spring. They don't support my unlocked Priv or KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

Priv has become my primary phone again, and can do most work related functions (even live inventory reports thru BI) tho I have a stv002 model. KEYᵒⁿᵉ was always leaning in as the phone I was about to make my main, but then a day or two w/ the Priv and I'd notice suddenly it's been a week or 2 of straight use on it. Plus for some reason KEYᵒⁿᵉ has actually developed huge lag spikes that are becoming more frequent (I suspect micro SD card corruption, from all the songs I DL) and on my days off I usually swap to a moto g7 play (no work email + better for the little kids).

Priv is easily my fav phone, but believe the people who are warning you about its issues, they cannot overstate the performance drawbacks of this 6.0.1 marshmallow BlackBerry from 2015 - no matter how hard they try lol. I can occasionally make it through a full day on one charge, but usually I'm plugging in 2 or 3 times. And this is the very *least* of its problems.
    10-12-21 01:46 AM
    Would battery replacement for the Priv be making it a better device and no need to charge it frequently during the day?
    10-12-21 12:26 PM
    Would battery replacement for the Priv be making it a better device and no need to charge it frequently during the day?
    Yes. I replaced the battery a few weeks ago. Now I get through the day with one charge.
    10-12-21 12:58 PM
    If you apply a ton of battery tips and tricks and use it only on non-intensive tasks, maybe.

I tried back in 2017-2018 when apps weren't as heavy as they are today and just couldn't make the performance work for my use.

With the Priv, whatever enjoyment you get out of that spring loaded mechanism and time saved not making typos on that underrated capacitive physical keyboard...will be lost waiting and waiting for apps to load.
    10-12-21 07:43 PM
    Theoretically yes, but my Priv has been through years of use and a handful of close calls, the worst being when I flat out fell backwards on it, and the slider has never been as springy since (this actually closed a little gap between the plates that was developing from a different drop, lol). So I kind of don't want to mess w/ it and risk making somn else worse.

With the Priv, whatever enjoyment you get out of that spring loaded mechanism and time saved not making typos on that underrated capacitive physical keyboard...will be lost waiting and waiting for apps to load.
    Hehe I do enjoy the party trick of holding it up next to the newest + biggest flagships and then sliding it open to people's genuine surprise. But I'm just honestly not in much of a hurry these days. And don't have much spare time to binge on Netflix etc. I actually enjoy the vkb too and just the feel of the Priv a lot, button placement, the grip, the width and height, 1-hand useability of that 5.4" w/ bezels, etc. I've installed the BlackBerry vkb on every phone I've ever bought, from Huawei to LG, even now that it doesn't have support I've installed an older version (w/ out all the swipes/features) on my moto g7 play. The Note10+ was so fast it was #amaze but I noticed from day 1 that it didn't get as much use because I didn't even really enjoy pulling it out of my pocket and just holding it.

As an owner of now multiple sports cars, 2 current ones being 2 door coupes, I can attest to the simple fact that a long laundry list of drawbacks that other products do better (like SUVs) does almost nothing for some people who, like me, enjoy a thing that stands out as unique, quirky, and different/special.
    JHBrandt likes this.
    10-17-21 05:12 AM
    Theoretically yes, but my Priv has been through years of use and a handful of close calls, the worst being when I flat out fell backwards on it, and the slider has never been as springy since (this actually closed a little gap between the plates that was developing from a different drop, lol). So I kind of don't want to mess w/ it and risk making somn else worse.

Hehe I do enjoy the party trick of holding it up next to the newest + biggest flagships and then sliding it open to people's genuine surprise. But I'm just honestly not in much of a hurry these days. And don't have much spare time to binge on Netflix etc. I actually enjoy the vkb too and just the feel of the Priv a lot, button placement, the grip, the width and height, 1-hand useability of that 5.4" w/ bezels, etc. I've installed the BlackBerry vkb on every phone I've ever bought, from Huawei to LG, even now that it doesn't have support I've installed an older version (w/ out all the swipes/features) on my moto g7 play. The Note10+ was so fast it was #amaze but I noticed from day 1 that it didn't get as much use because I didn't even really enjoy pulling it out of my pocket and just holding it.

As an owner of now multiple sports cars, 2 current ones being 2 door coupes, I can attest to the simple fact that a long laundry list of drawbacks that other products do better (like SUVs) does almost nothing for some people who, like me, enjoy a thing that stands out as unique, quirky, and different/special.
    But now it seems my Priv will no longer connect to 4GLTE it will default to 2G-E with 5 bars. sometimes being different can be a pain.
    09-12-22 04:12 PM
    But now it seems my Priv will no longer connect to 4GLTE it will default to 2G-E with 5 bars. sometimes being different can be a pain.
    You know actually I may give mine a trip in the wild again, just to see if there's been any huge impact on signal.

Been having a blast w this pixel 6a so it's been about a month now since I've spent a full day on my Priv. I'll report back if I do swap to it hehe

o7
    09-13-22 11:08 PM
    I've been driving around and the 4G LTE has stayed on for my Priv, couple calls so far have been fine, internet speed is normal
    09-15-22 10:16 AM