Excuse me Please:

I seem to be receiving annoying refusals from ATT to connect calls I am making whining about something THEY are changing requires me to purchase yet another phone.

I choose not to, as I prefer this QWERTY-enabled device.

So, since ATT is cutting off its nose in-spite of its face,
    which providers will CONTINUE to support BBE100-5 that one may continue to make and receive CONUS phone calls and text messages?

Thanks for the time taken to thoughtfully reply.
    CAH
    07-30-21 05:10 PM
    Excuse me Please:

I seem to be receiving annoying refusals from ATT to connect calls I am making whining about something THEY are changing requires me to purchase yet another phone.

I choose not to, as I prefer this QWERTY-enabled device.

So, since ATT is cutting off its nose in-spite of its face,
    which providers will CONTINUE to support BBE100-5 that one may continue to make and receive CONUS phone calls and text messages?

Thanks for the time taken to thoughtfully reply.
    CAH
    Maybe VZW

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=EobXvLtK

Maybe TMO

https://www.t-mobile.com/resources/bring-your-own-phone

But nobody really knows until each respective carrier actually shuts down 3G and even then can still change their BYOD rules and that means AT&T included. None of the carriers really want staff dealing with support issues on factory unlocked devices not sold and certified by them. Simply put that’s just smart business.
    07-30-21 05:19 PM
    ... until each respective carrier actually shuts down 3G ...
    funny that, considering 5G is, by spec, to be backwards compatible; and that nothing is stated by said providers about said backwards compatibility to be considerate of their customer base:

"your x, y, or z device will STILL continue to function on OUR network,..."

I will attempt to contact said other providers;
    unless there is more definitive information regarding BBE100-5.
    07-30-21 05:34 PM
    funny that, considering 5G is, by spec, to be backwards compatible; and that nothing is stated by said providers about said backwards compatibility to be considerate of their customer base:

"your x, y, or z device will STILL continue to function on OUR network,..."

I will attempt to contact said other providers;
    unless there is more definitive information regarding BBE100-5.
    No carrier representative will be able to guarantee because nobody can specifically be certain what is going to happen in any specific user case. You own the device and you have your account. Just use it with your carrier until you can’t. No reason to go through all trouble and then find it’s not any better down the road.
    07-30-21 05:52 PM
    I would think VZW would continue service on them. It is 4G, LTE and they sold the phones in stores and on their web site. As of today I have not received any news from them saying my service will be turned off. They have said nothing that I need to purchase another phone.
    07-31-21 07:38 PM
    ...I would think VZW would continue service on them. ...
    {is there anything on the web from Verz that would further suggest that?}

Your statement seems an interesting bit of insight. (considering the predatory and self-profit-mindedness of Corporations.)
    I learned also of ATT that at least their transition is set to occur in February of 2023; no statement of further use of device(s) considering 5G's spec'd back-wards compatibility.
    I learned also, ATT (purposefully, but ultimately temporarily) put no-call blocks on phones UNTIL one contacted their CS to be advised about Feb2023 transition and be up-sold. /shrug

So;
    between Tmob and Verz, there remains a choice for my lowly BBE100-5.
    Tmod currently has a preferable $15/mo. pre-paid service (basically half the price of ATT's outsourced pre-pay of $35/mo.)
    or
    Verz, which has been suggested as maintaining some aspect of their network.
    {i was, and still am, reticent of dealing with the well-known predatory aspects of Verz}

I am NOT want to put off important decisions until their last moment, but the Feb2023 presents a period of time for further research before necessary action.
    08-01-21 09:07 AM
    08-01-21 09:12 AM
    Your date is incorrect. Its not 2023
    not my date.

was the date provided by ATT CS rep.
    {edit}
    but i will grant, that I might have wrote number down wrong.
    Thank You for the specific reference
    08-01-21 09:33 AM
    not my date.

was the date provided by ATT CS rep.
    then the rep was wrong…
    08-01-21 09:34 AM
    then the rep was wrong…
    i also grant the 5,000+ mile voice telephone call and thick accent might have had me hearing one thing where what was stated was another.

in either case, the provided URL settles date and clarifies confusion!
    08-01-21 09:40 AM
    Granted my Key2LE is with Verizon, but it is on their 4G network. Did you look to see what network of ATT your phone is running on, 3G or 4G?
    08-01-21 11:22 AM
    Both obviously are 4g LTE capable but that is not the issue. It needs to be whitelisted on the ATT list.
    08-01-21 02:05 PM
    Granted my Key2LE is with Verizon, but it is on their 4G network. Did you look to see what network of ATT your phone is running on, 3G or 4G?
    well,.. since my BBE100-5 does have a 4gLTE symbol on its menu bar, but memory fails me if it has ever been illuminated since being on ATT; so I guess it is only operating on 3g.

Rather suggests further imperative to get on a 4gLTE provider, eh?
    08-01-21 02:24 PM
    ... It needs to be whitelisted on the ATT list.
    not sure I understand this statement.
    it is suggested that I need to perform some action or configuration change?
    08-01-21 02:25 PM
    well,.. since my BBE100-5 does have a 4gLTE symbol on its menu bar, but memory fails me if it has ever been illuminated since being on ATT; so I guess it is only operating on 3g.

Rather suggests further imperative to get on a 4gLTE provider, eh?
    My 4G LTE is lit up on the VZW network
    08-01-21 06:41 PM
    [QUOTE=Ceyarrecks;13592267]{is there anything on the web from Verz that would further suggest that?}

I have not checked their site for info on the topic. They usually dont talk about phones they plan to keep. They typically talk about the ones they are not supporting or plan not to support in the future. I just hope my K2LE hangs in til OM can deliver a new one.
    08-01-21 06:46 PM
    {is there anything on the web from Verz that would further suggest that?}

I have not checked their site for info on the topic. They usually dont talk about phones they plan to keep. They typically talk about the ones they are not supporting or plan not to support in the future. I just hope my K2LE hangs in til OM can deliver a new one.
    Which is looking to be sometime between “mañana” and never….
    08-02-21 11:41 AM