Hey folks, I did, what so many had advised: I cleared my Passport & reinstalled the OS so that it can be used after 2021 (you know, BB ID and so on).

The problem I now have is: I can't install the Signal App anymore, since when I key the phone number the captcha goes bonkers before verifying.

Anyone with the same problem or any helpful advices? Many many thanks in advance

Installing Signal App-img_20210704_172004.jpg
    07-04-21 11:37 AM
    Hey folks, I did, what so many had advised: I cleared my Passport & reinstalled the OS so that it can be used after 2021 (you know, BB ID and so on).

The problem I now have is: I can't install the Signal App anymore, since when I key the phone number the captcha goes bonkers before verifying.

Anyone with the same problem or any helpful advices? Many many thanks in advance

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210704_172004.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	450922
    Have you tried to just copy the web address and open it in e.g. Kiwi browser?
    07-04-21 12:12 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210704_172004.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	450922
    I vaguely remember someone saying a certain workaround is needed for Signal. Something like installing on an Android device first to obtain the code, or maybe it was putting your Sim card in an Android device. I'm not quite sure anymore. I'll see if I can dig up the thread about it.
    07-04-21 07:43 PM
    07-04-21 07:49 PM
    @mikael11 Thanx for your reply.

Unfortunately the Kiwi Browser on my BB doesn't respond well, no idea why. The only thing I get, when I go for the addressed web site, is a blank page.

Kind regards

Installing Signal App-img_20210704_202636.jpg
    07-05-21 04:25 AM
    @Ben xfg Thanx for your reply

The suggestion is borderline, but I'm desperate

I tried, but it didn't work out. I get the code on Android Signal, but the BB Signal still wants to do the verification check.

Kind regards
    07-05-21 04:36 AM
    @Ben xfg Thanx for your reply

The suggestion is borderline, but I'm desperate

I tried, but it didn't work out. I get the code on Android Signal, but the BB Signal still wants to do the verification check.

Kind regards
    Are you trying with the app version mentioned in the linked post?
    07-05-21 06:01 AM
    @Ben xfg

Yep. I'll try it again later with another device.

But what I don't understand: Why is this shallow trick necessary? And isn't there any real workaround?

Kind regards

Posted via CB10
    With beloved PP
    07-05-21 10:04 AM
    @Ben xfg

Yep. I'll try it again later with another device.

But what I don't understand: Why is this shallow trick necessary? And isn't there any real workaround?

Kind regards

Posted via CB10
    With beloved PP
    You have a 6 year old phone based on an EOL OS. Do you really need to ask why?
    07-05-21 10:16 AM
    @conite

From a technical view: YES.

This thing was possible still few months ago, so what I'm sort of interested in is, what technical change has recently happened that this is suddenly not possible anymore, especially considering the fact, that I'm installing the same application I did years ago.

Btw, there is no need to be cynical, at least not for a grown up person, although I want to emphasise that this is a great community here and I'm very grateful for every help I'm getting here

Kind regards
    bbfanfan likes this.
    07-05-21 01:09 PM
    @conite

This thing was possible still few months ago, so what I'm sort of interested in is, what technical change has recently happened that this is suddenly not possible anymore, especially considering the fact, that I'm installing the same application I did years ago.

Btw, there is no need to be cynical, at least not for a grown up person, although I want to emphasise that this is a great community here and I'm very grateful for every help I'm getting here

Kind regards
    The most logical technology change is that Signal requires a level of security that BB10 is no longer capable of providing through it’s EOL infrastructure…..
    brookie229 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-05-21 01:17 PM
    @conite

Kind regards
    Older versions of apps get deprecated server-side all the time.
    Last edited by conite; 07-05-21 at 01:35 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-05-21 01:21 PM
    @Chuck Finley69 @conite

Thnx to both of you for your replies

Posted via CB10
    With beloved PP
    07-05-21 01:33 PM
    Could be a certification problem with the ancient browser as well
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-05-21 04:47 PM
    @howarmat

Thanx for your reply

Me too guess so though I don't understand, why - when I do the process through the browser - the captcha is defined as an ordinary image (you can "view the image" but not click any of the offered pictures seperately).

And the highly praised Kiwi Browser doesn't even react to signalcaptchas.org.

Anyway, looks to be a case of c'est la vie
    Kind regards

Posted via CB10
    With beloved PP

07-07-21 07:27 AM