I had to replace the keyboard of my Keyone due to the, very annoying, missing fingerprint (which turned out to be a hardware issue in my case). After replacement:

1) The u-shaped flap doesn't remain perfectly attached/glued to the phone, see photo, this is enough to lift the space key a little, the space still works (sensor now came back as well!) but it doesn't make the "click" as it should. I noticed that if I push down that u-shaped flap against the phone, the spalce bar does make a, albeit very soft, clicking sound. Since not having the click leaves me a bit disorientated, I wondered if you would advise trying to put some glue in that split, I'm asking as I really would like to avoid reopening the back case (putting it back wasn't a walk in the park, despite the numerous videos available online).

Technical problems after keyboard replacement, any suggestions?-whatsapp-image-2021-04-12-12.33.11.jpg

2) The second issue is the key "0" (zero), it doesn't work at all. It clicks perfectly like all the other keys, but just doesn't work, so I expect this one may be due to a defective keyboard (as opposed to the spacebar issue which was evidently a mistake of mine). I wonder if you can reprogram keys on the Blackberry, for instance as suggesed in the photo, replace the second upper-case (which I hardly use) and program it as "zero".

Technical problems after keyboard replacement, any suggestions?-whatsapp-image-2021-04-12-12.33.11-1-.jpg
    04-12-21 07:53 AM
    I had to replace the keyboard of my Keyone due to the, very annoying, missing fingerprint (which turned out to be a hardware issue in my case). After replacement:

1) The u-shaped flap doesn't remain perfectly attached/glued to the phone, see photo, this is enough to lift the space key a little, the space still works (sensor now came back as well!) but it doesn't make the "click" as it should. I noticed that if I push down that u-shaped flap against the phone, the spalce bar does make a, albeit very soft, clicking sound. Since not having the click leaves me a bit disorientated, I wondered if you would advise trying to put some glue in that split, I'm asking as I really would like to avoid reopening the back case (putting it back wasn't a walk in the park, despite the numerous videos available online).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-04-12 at 12.33.11.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	450612

2) The second issue is the key "0" (zero), it doesn't work at all. It clicks perfectly like all the other keys, but just doesn't work, so I expect this one may be due to a defective keyboard (as opposed to the spacebar issue which was evidently a mistake of mine). I wonder if you can reprogram keys on the Blackberry, for instance as suggesed in the photo, replace the second upper-case (which I hardly use) and program it as "zero".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-04-12 at 12.33.11 (1).jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	450613
    The plastic chin of the phone (that glossy part below the keyboard) shouldn't have anything to do with the spacebar. Though for the spacebar to click down properly, it needs to be sitting against that metal part beneath it. If it's not, then it will have that very weak click (though it might still work).
    04-12-21 08:14 AM
    The plastic chin of the phone (that glossy part below the keyboard) shouldn't have anything to do with the spacebar. Though for the spacebar to click down properly, it needs to be sitting against that metal part beneath it. If it's not, then it will have that very weak click (though it might still work).
    The chin of the phone is glued in place with special tape. If it cut down on travel or travel feel than it can be a problem. As for the zero key the keyboard is a dud, contact the person who sold it to you and get it replaced otherwise there may be more issues waiting to pop up.
    04-12-21 04:15 PM
    So for the spacebar I "just" have to double check that it connects properly to the metal.

The "special" tape on the chin is clearly not holding anymore. May have to try an equally special glue.

And for reprogramming a key not a chance?
    04-12-21 04:40 PM
    So for the spacebar I "just" have to double check that it connects properly to the metal.

The "special" tape on the chin is clearly not holding anymore. May have to try an equally special glue.

And for reprogramming a key not a chance?
    be very careful with any glue they out gas and can cause discoloration and stop keys from working.
    04-12-21 05:37 PM
    At this point, I'd stop fiddling with device. Use it as-is until you can't. If that's not possibl,. I'd start thinking about cutting losses and just buying another phone. It becomes the reality of diminishing returns.
    04-12-21 07:40 PM
    At this point, I'd stop fiddling with device. Use it as-is until you can't. If that's not possibl,. I'd start thinking about cutting losses and just buying another phone. It becomes the reality of diminishing returns.
    For me it becomes the principle of the thing.........................I will fix this thing.......LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Technical problems after keyboard replacement, any suggestions?-doh.jpg  
    04-13-21 08:02 AM
    Yeah I think that's what I'll do, keep using it as is, I was hoping to resist until, hopefully, a Titan 2 will be on the market (yes I'm tired of these tiny little keys, and tiny display, I miss the Passport! But not quite convinced by the current Titan), that's why I was hoping to fix this couple of issues.. Anyhow, to be honest I'm already surprised I was able to replace they keyboard myself. This Blackberry fingerprint hardware problem on what's supposed to be a top notch phone left me very disappointed.
    04-13-21 03:25 PM
    In my experience, the U shaped chin isn't glued down, just held in place by a tacky adhesive that allows the chin to be removed and pressed back down again.

I think you need to dismantle and make sure the replacement keyboard is seated properly. There shouldn't be a gap and the chin should press down flush.

I remember when I got the keyboard new, it wasn't flat; however, once installed properly, it was flat.
    04-14-21 01:34 AM
    It looks like you might not have the new keyboard clipped in place.
    04-14-21 01:49 AM