Hi all,
    wanted to try a key2 and got lucky enough to get a mint condition here in NOrway on the used marked.
    ( they tried it for half and hour or so after purchasing it in UK )

Happy with the build quality, feels solid and keyboard is good. ( coming from a passport, this was the closest thing to a passport with android i feel )

Just wondering about tips for backing it up, having a local backup like you can on the passport. Is that possible?
    Using sms backup and restore for the sms part, and myPhoneexplorer for syncing locally with outlook on a local phone calendar.

Any good tips out there for backup? possibly other useful programs to get the functionality close to passport ?
    I really liked the blackberry link and blend combo on my pc.
    01-28-21 05:20 AM
    Hi all,
    wanted to try a key2 and got lucky enough to get a mint condition here in NOrway on the used marked.
    ( they tried it for half and hour or so after purchasing it in UK )

Happy with the build quality, feels solid and keyboard is good. ( coming from a passport, this was the closest thing to a passport with android i feel )

Just wondering about tips for backing it up, having a local backup like you can on the passport. Is that possible?
    Using sms backup and restore for the sms part, and myPhoneexplorer for syncing locally with outlook on a local phone calendar.

Any good tips out there for backup? possibly other useful programs to get the functionality close to passport ?
    I really liked the blackberry link and blend combo on my pc.
    Look for Google backup in device settings, and use Google photos to backup your pictures.
    01-28-21 06:07 AM
    Look for Google backup in device settings, and use Google photos to backup your pictures.
    Thanks for the reply - but not exactly what i was looking for.
    Talking about local backup file on my pc to restore etc. I like having things locally, just a "thing i learned" ages ago and like to stick with that.
    01-31-21 03:52 PM
    Thanks for the reply - but not exactly what i was looking for.
    Talking about local backup file on my pc to restore etc. I like having things locally, just a "thing i learned" ages ago and like to stick with that.
    Well, the world has moved on to more secure methods.
    01-31-21 05:21 PM
    I am trying to restore my Key2 backup from Google into new Key2 but the BBLauncher settings (icons, screen's setup etc) doesn't restore at all.
    When I do the same restore into Key2LE all the settings from the same backup will be perfectly restored.
    03-24-21 09:40 AM