The stock is up - by a big percentage. Seems out of the blue.. what triggered it? @conite @Bla1ze?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-21 09:19 AM
    The stock is up - by a big percentage. Seems out of the blue.. what triggered it? @conite @Bla1ze?

Posted via CB10
    Lots of smaller things. They have partnered up to supply stuff for Sony EV's, rumors of a FB settlement in the works, Apple rumored to have a deal with Hyundai which QNX is a part of, the selling off of some of their patents, etc etc.
    Rico4you and BBHermes like this.
    01-15-21 09:25 AM
    Its being falsely propped up it would appear
    01-15-21 09:47 AM
    Seems to be some reddit group pumping it right now. 🚀🚀🚀🚀 https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/

Combined with the AWS/IVY news and timed with the announcement of a pending settlement with Facebook https://news.bloomberglaw.com/tech-a...bal-settlement

They could ride this rocket for a while...
    01-15-21 10:34 AM
    Its being falsely propped up it would appear
    Based on recent-years experience, I'm sure you're right and it will likely soon fall back to some significant extent..
    01-15-21 12:50 PM
    Based on recent-years experience, I'm sure you're right and it will likely soon fall back to some significant extent..
    That or maybe BlackBerry's ever consistent preaching of privacy and their software to achieve it are now being considered and or noticed moreso. Or the fact that they have been undervalued for far too long?
    RicoG1 likes this.
    01-15-21 12:54 PM
    According to the press the market is reacting to the sale of 90 patents. Maybe the assume the sale the rest of the patents is close.
    01-15-21 01:05 PM
    That or maybe BlackBerry's ever consistent preaching of privacy and their software to achieve it are now being considered and or noticed moreso. Or the fact that they have been undervalued for far too long?
    I would hope so but after the seemingly endless quarters of raised-then-dashed expectations it's hard to get too optimistic this time around, as stunning as the current rise has been..
    01-15-21 01:05 PM
    I would hope so but after the seemingly endless quarters of raised-then-dashed expectations it's hard to get too optimistic this time around, as stunning as the current rise has been..
    Yeah in the end it comes down to is your business growing.... after Cylance, I wouldn't have minded some red in the books if it was going to integrating SPARK. But it came due to declines in revenues. Chen's gotten that undercontrol by cutting more fat from duplication between QNX, BlackBerry, Good and Cylance.

Something has to move the needle and keep it moving....
    01-15-21 01:15 PM
    Lots of smaller things. They have partnered up to supply stuff for Sony EV's, rumors of a FB settlement in the works, Apple rumored to have a deal with Hyundai which QNX is a part of, the selling off of some of their patents, etc etc.
    Plus also the build-up excitement for the next 5G Flagship Keyboard device from BlackBerry via Onwardmobility!
    01-15-21 02:58 PM
    While I agree they are undervalued and I'm NO stock analyst, it looks more of the same old, same old. It gets pumped up and dropped all the time. A days worth of pop means nothing in the grand scheme. If it could maintain a higher value for any more than a couple days, well that would be a more significant sign.
    rarsen and BBHermes like this.
    01-15-21 03:03 PM
    Plus also the build-up excitement for the next 5G Flagship Keyboard device from BlackBerry via Onwardmobility!
    It's not a BlackBerry device "via" OM.

It's an OM device with a BlackBerry sticker.

This would have no affect on BlackBerry stock.
    Last edited by conite; 01-15-21 at 04:30 PM.
    01-15-21 04:18 PM
    It's not a BlackBerry device "via" OM.

It's an OM device with a BlackBerry sticker.
    You can downplay it as much as you want....with your comments...

But to me and the majority it will be a BlackBerry with the keyboard and security of a true BlackBerry.
    01-15-21 04:32 PM

But to me and the majority it will be a BlackBerry with the keyboard and security of a true BlackBerry.
    I'm not upplaying or downplaying. I'm just stating what it is.
    Last edited by conite; 01-15-21 at 05:46 PM.
    01-15-21 04:49 PM

Read the investment trade press they are very clear about what about why the stock is up. All about the patent sale and anticipation of more patent sales.
    01-16-21 10:08 AM
    Read the investment trade press they are very clear about what about why the stock is up. All about the patent sale and anticipation of more patent sales.
    Or maybe the old fashion "pump and dump".
    howarmat and BBHermes like this.
    01-16-21 10:31 AM

I think Chen had put the patent's value at a few hundred million..... sorry but patents didn't do this, neither did an undisclosed settlement with FaceBook.

It's kinds entertaining reading some of the post over there on WallStreeBets... few facts, just pump ������ ������, pump ������ ������, pump ������ ������.

But the way they talk.... they fully expect BlackBerry to be $30+ in a years time.
    01-18-21 02:18 PM
    An investment credo is that past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance when it comes to stock price. Lots have changed from 10 years ago, 5 years ago, even a couple years ago. You can start with the fact it no longer makes phones and gi from there.
    01-18-21 06:49 PM
    Yup. Undervalued because the sectors BB is in, EV and security are hot and the other companies in these sector have sky high valuations. BB is only now starting to catch. The reddit group WSB has recognized how undervalued it is relative to it's peers and is essentially acting as an activist investor.
    01-18-21 06:56 PM
    I think Chen had put the patent's value at a few hundred million..... sorry but patents didn't do this, neither did an undisclosed settlement with FaceBook.

It's kinds entertaining reading some of the post over there on WallStreeBets... few facts, just pump ������ ������, pump ������ ������, pump ������ ������.

But the way they talk.... they fully expect BlackBerry to be $30+ in a years time.
    So true. They are a whole bunch of small time investors/gamblers who see anyone over 40 as Boomers.

Other than the pump and more pump, I believe they put a floor on the stock. If it falls too far after a pump up, they'll be all over it on the dip.
    01-18-21 07:01 PM
    Yup. Undervalued because the sectors BB is in, EV and security are hot and the other companies in these sector have sky high valuations. BB is only now starting to catch. The reddit group WSB has recognized how undervalued it is relative to it's peers and is essentially acting as an activist investor.
    It's not quite as simple as that though.

Yes, they seem, on paper, to be positioned well. But they need to show they can actually execute. Cost-containment has been good and their acquisitions have contributed to a well-rounded product lineup - but they need to show some growth before the market can get truly excited.
    01-18-21 07:03 PM
    An investment credo is that past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance when it comes to stock price.
    A truism. And yet the stock remains true to the form of recent years - it fell to a significant extent from the amazing rise at the end of last week - though not as far as it might have gone. Tomorrow and beyond? Not making bets either way, lol..
    01-18-21 07:07 PM
    So true. They are a whole bunch of small time investors/gamblers who see anyone over 40 as Boomers.

Other than the pump and more pump, I believe they put a floor on the stock. If it falls too far after a pump up, they'll be all over it on the dip.
    That’s not how share manipulation or pumping is done. The floor and undervalue aren’t of any significance to WSB or any other promoter.

The pump is self-correcting because algorithm trading is set to benefit from any traceable pattern. It’s also why the WSB have to move from company to company. The strategy is the manipulation and not the company itself.
    01-18-21 07:30 PM
    It's not quite as simple as that though.

Yes, they seem, on paper, to be positioned well. But they need to show they can actually execute. Cost-containment has been good and their acquisitions have contributed to a well-rounded product lineup - but they need to show some growth before the market can get truly excited.
    True, they still have to show some growth but by the time it's proven, the valuation could be much higher. That's the chance you take, pull the trigger early and get the bigger reward.

But this WSB board, a year is like an eternity for them. They might be on their next fav by the time it's proven.
    Last edited by RicoG1; 01-18-21 at 08:37 PM.
    01-18-21 08:14 PM
    That’s not how share manipulation or pumping is done. The floor and undervalue aren’t of any significance to WSB or any other promoter.

The pump is self-correcting because algorithm trading is set to benefit from any traceable pattern. It’s also why the WSB have to move from company to company. The strategy is the manipulation and not the company itself.
    Sure on a very short time frame. But over months, it's only self correcting if the ERs continue to underwhelm which it has done for several years running now.

However, stocks are forward looking and I happen to believe that the ERs will look good this year because last year was the bottom and also what I hope is traction of all their new and updated products going to market.
    This year will look comparatively good year over year and Q over Q. The headline will show growth.
    Last edited by RicoG1; 01-19-21 at 05:13 AM.
    01-18-21 08:28 PM
34 12