Hey guys,

I came across a few brand new BB Z10 with the original OS that it came with when launched. Is there anything that can be done with it... IE -- removing bloatware and then updating it to the latest software? Or will that re-install all that extra crap that they locked and we couldn't delete in the OS...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    01-03-21 12:18 AM
    What bloatware?

The only thing that can be striped from the OS is all the excess assistant languages, the retail demo and the few extra apps they added - Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and LinkedIn. Those apps could always be deleted after the fact. The language files and demo through a program on the PC called Sachesi, but there's not much else that can be removed from the OS.

And, yes, update would load the full OS.
    SteveE99 likes this.
    01-03-21 12:51 AM
    Hey guys,

I came across a few brand new BB Z10 with the original OS that it came with when launched. Is there anything that can be done with it... IE -- removing bloatware and then updating it to the latest software? Or will that re-install all that extra crap that they locked and we couldn't delete in the OS...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Here is the last OS:

https://mega.nz/file/VEwCUKST#OqxRdb...QocXpbSIJCehrQ
    Last edited by conite; 01-03-21 at 10:28 PM.
    01-03-21 02:06 AM
    What bloatware?

The only thing that can be striped from the OS is all the excess assistant languages, the retail demo and the few extra apps they added - Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and LinkedIn. Those apps could always be deleted after the fact. The language files and demo through a program on the PC called Sachesi, but there's not much else that can be removed from the OS.

And, yes, update would load the full OS.
    There are certain files that became restricted as the updates kept occuring. The Chrome Playbook Extension allowed for deletion when the older OS was on the phone. But I am unsure if it will reappear if I do delete them and then update the OS.
    01-03-21 09:36 PM
    Thank you sir, helpful as always including all the help I got from you when I was messing around with my Playbook couple years ago. Good to see you are still here, stay safe!
    01-03-21 09:37 PM