Its an old phone but while using or charging (i cant recall), it suddenly went dead. Tried all methods of restarting the phone (soft/hard reset/holding power button methods) etc. but it doesnt respond. No response even when left overnight for charging or when connected to laptop.

Should I call it dead? Any other method ?
    12-18-20 02:59 AM
    Its an old phone but while using or charging (i cant recall), it suddenly went dead. Tried all methods of restarting the phone (soft/hard reset/holding power button methods) etc. but it doesnt respond. No response even when left overnight for charging or when connected to laptop.

Should I call it dead? Any other method ?
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!!! Post early and post often...... will it do anything while plugged into charger?
    12-18-20 06:27 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!!! Post early and post often...... will it do anything while plugged into charger?
    No, it doesn't do nothing.
    12-18-20 06:46 AM
    I'd just call it dead.....

Might could be fixed by a repair shop, if it's something simple like a dead battery or loose connection. But it would cost your more than the phone might be worth.... unless you can open it up and try it messing around with it yourself.

Assume you held the power button down for 32+ seconds to do a hard reboot.
    Assume you tried other cables and power blocks.
    12-18-20 07:31 AM
    No, it doesn't do nothing.
    As Dunt says, dead battery or loose connector for charging. Take it to a repair shop to confirm. Probably too expensive unless you do it yourself.
    12-18-20 07:34 AM
    Battery or charging port should need to be replaced. If it's a STV100-1 model it should have wireless charging, so you could try that too if you have a QI charging pad.

Spare batteries and charging ports can be found online/eBay. It's that kind of job where you either do it yourself (Priv is one of the easiest phones to disassemble, surprisingly) or just get another Priv and keep that one as a spare.
    12-18-20 07:39 AM
    I'd just call it dead.....

Might could be fixed by a repair shop, if it's something simple like a dead battery or loose connection. But it would cost your more than the phone might be worth.... unless you can open it up and try it messing around with it yourself.

Assume you held the power button down for 32+ seconds to do a hard reboot.
    Assume you tried other cables and power blocks.
    Thanks I guess it's worth a check for battery/charging point. Well yes, I have had multiple cables and have tried power button for more than 32 +.

Thanks anyway.
    12-18-20 07:40 AM
    As Dunt says, dead battery or loose connector for charging. Take it to a repair shop to confirm. Probably too expensive unless you do it yourself.
    Thanks. Will check it out
    12-18-20 07:41 AM
    Battery or charging port should need to be replaced. If it's a STV100-1 model it should have wireless charging, so you could try that too if you have a QI charging pad.

Spare batteries and charging ports can be found online/eBay. It's that kind of job where you either do it yourself (Priv is one of the easiest phones to disassemble, surprisingly) or just get another Priv and keep that one as a spare.
    Hmm and there is no way for me to check myself whether it's a dead battery or port? I could order a battery online and replace it myself. And if it works I 'll get port changed.
    12-18-20 07:46 AM
    Hmm and there is no way for me to check myself whether it's a dead battery or port? I could order a battery online and replace it myself. And if it works I 'll get port changed.
    Sure you can, if you have an electrical meter and know how to use it...
    12-18-20 03:19 PM
    I have a multimeter and know how to use it. But there are no terminals to hook to. Now how do I do it
    12-21-20 12:20 AM
    Okay. So I took it to a service center. They say motherboard is damaged and lotta parts missing, despite that I have not shown it to any repair centre before. So I ordered a new motherboard and a new battery. I assembled it myself. And voila....
    No response again. I feel like smashing it.

Now what?
    12-29-20 06:39 PM
    Okay. So I took it to a service center. They say motherboard is damaged and lotta parts missing, despite that I have not shown it to any repair centre before. So I ordered a new motherboard and a new battery. I assembled it myself. And voila....
    No response again. I feel like smashing it.

Now what?
    Buy another phone.
    12-29-20 07:24 PM
    Okay. Old MB+new battery- phone powers up. No display, LEds of different colours blinking. Now what
    12-29-20 08:18 PM
    Okay. Old MB+new battery- phone powers up. No display, LEds of different colours blinking. Now what
    Buy another phone.
    12-29-20 08:45 PM
    Ok thanks. But hate to see experts like you giving up
    12-29-20 09:28 PM
    Pragmatism must enter into the equation at some point though.

How much time and money do you want to put into a 5 year old EOL device that uses a very insecure, ancient OS?
    12-29-20 09:47 PM
    Also, buy another phone, could mean another PRIV with less problems too.
    saint300 likes this.
    12-29-20 10:03 PM

You can take it to a repair shop, and maybe they can figure it out without too much of a "cost". Just not much else to try beyond the battery, without it getting expensive for you.

You can try reinstalling the OS, see if you PC will recognize it enough to load. Beyond that, another used PRIV or another phone is a cheaper option than trying to fix this one.
    01-04-21 09:14 AM
    Thanks. So after a lotta effort, the phone powered up. Everything was fine. Used it for few hours and battery drained. Didn't charge well and phone died. Now charged it with same adapter, phone powers up but no display. Everything else works. I have let the battery die again. Hope it works again. Thanks
    01-04-21 10:44 AM
    Thanks. So after a lotta effort, the phone powered up. Everything was fine. Used it for few hours and battery drained. Didn't charge well and phone died. Now charged it with same adapter, phone powers up but no display. Everything else works. I have let the battery die again. Hope it works again. Thanks
    Hopefully you took this opportunity to fully backup any data you had on it.
    01-04-21 10:54 AM
    Yeah. So now check this out. Phone when put to charge shows yellow led and continues to so for an hour. That's abnormal, anyway the phone is super heated doesn't power up just vibrates but loads the boot screen without display. I can see the purple led but again nothing. After removing the charger, a faint flickering noise comes from phone near the volume buttons. I unhooked the battery, noise stops and starts as soon as I put it back. Guess this phone needs an exorcist
    01-05-21 04:35 AM