I have looked through all the Crackberry articles about stack charging and other troubleshootin methods but nothing is working for me.

So what's happening to my PB is when I press down the two volume buttons and power, the LED blinks red twice and that's all.

I read that it's a boot ROM error, unless I am mistaken.

If that is the cause, how can I fix the issue? Thanks.

P.s. I also downloaded autoloader, but it is stuck at "Connecting to Boot Rom: "
    Last edited by blackberry-new-guy; 10-15-20 at 10:51 PM.
    10-15-20 10:25 PM
    I have looked through all the Crackberry articles about stack charging and other troubleshootin methods but nothing is working for me.

So what's happening to my PB is when I press down the two volume buttons and power, the LED blinks red twice and that's all.

I read that it's a boot ROM error, unless I am mistaken.

If that is the cause, how can I fix the issue? Thanks.

P.s. I also downloaded autoloader, but it is stuck at "Connecting to Boot Rom: "
    You might have a couple issues. Your USB port might be pooched. Also, you may still need a stack charge. Find/buy a rapid charger and stack charge with that. Here's the method I used earlier this year to revive 2 dead PlayBooks:

20 seconds plugged in, 10 seconds unplugged. Repeat for 50 to 100 times. I gave this a try and voila, red light, battery charge icon, now and on and off green light. Only needed to do this about 25 tries before it kicked in.

Once it starts charging, leave it charging for a few hours before trying to turn it on.
    10-16-20 09:47 AM
    When you say pooched, you mean it went bad? Any idea if Amazon has a rapid charger? Thanks
    10-16-20 11:13 AM
    When you say pooched, you mean it went bad? Any idea if Amazon has a rapid charger? Thanks
    Yes, pooched as in 'no longer working'. Playbooks were notorious for USB ports going bad. Mostly from users grabbing the playbook while still plugged in and damaging the port.

Check Item # 182306262383 on eBay.
    10-16-20 12:09 PM
    Is it worth buy a Rapid Charger?

Maybe that would get it working,,,, maybe not. It only charges, no PC access. So if it is a corruption of the OS, it's not going to help. So I can't see putting $20 into a PlayBook at this point.
    10-16-20 01:25 PM
    Thanks for your feedback. Is there any way to see if it's a corruption of the OS? I tried using BB Blend and Link but none picks it up. I tried to use the AutoLoader but it's not doing anything.

I am just hopeful because the red LED does blink twice, not all the time but usually when I press the Volume +/- and Power button.
    10-16-20 07:58 PM