Hello all,

This is my first posting here. I've been searching the forum for ways to deal with a boot loop for the Blackberry Key One.

It just randomly started 4 days ago (can't recall precipitating trauma or installation of software). I managed to get into the Home screen today using the 32-second reset, but the boot loop persists after that. Same is true after I did a factory reset after getting in to the Home screen.

Do you have any suggestions at this point? My model is out of warranty, and Blackberry states they aren't doing repairs for phones that aren't in warranty.

Should I try an autoloader? I'm not sure how that would work. Is there even a way to connect a PC to the Key One? I only see the power outlet.

Many thanks!
    09-16-20 11:44 AM
    Hello all,

This is my first posting here. I've been searching the forum for ways to deal with a boot loop for the Blackberry Key One.

It just randomly started 4 days ago (can't recall precipitating trauma or installation of software). I managed to get into the Home screen today using the 32-second reset, but the boot loop persists after that. Same is true after I did a factory reset after getting in to the Home screen.

Do you have any suggestions at this point? My model is out of warranty, and Blackberry states they aren't doing repairs for phones that aren't in warranty.

Should I try an autoloader? I'm not sure how that would work. Is there even a way to connect a PC to the Key One? I only see the power outlet.

Many thanks!
    Yes, you will need to use an autoloader. But first, I need to know your device PRD. It's on the box.
    09-16-20 02:02 PM
    Hello all,

Many thanks!
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!! Post early and post often..

Yes, you will need to use an autoloader. But first, I need to know your device PRD. It's on the box.
    Really?!? You just met and you’re asking for PRD already?

Be gentle......
    09-16-20 03:44 PM
    It there any way to pull this off the phone or using the IMEI? I am travelling on business and have no access to my box at home and mine is doing the same stuck on "BLACKBERRY powered by Android" screen.
    09-17-20 01:10 PM
    It there any way to pull this off the phone or using the IMEI? I am travelling on business and have no access to my box at home and mine is doing the same stuck on "BLACKBERRY powered by Android" screen.
    Do you at least know what model it is? BBB100-?
    09-17-20 02:11 PM
    Thank you. I *believe* so. It's a 32GB KeyOne if that helps at all?
    09-17-20 02:28 PM
    Thank you. I *believe* so. It's a 32GB KeyOne if that helps at all?
    I was asking for the number to replace the question mark.

Is it at least the GSM model?
    09-17-20 03:13 PM
    Sorry, yes. Unlocked North American GSM
    09-17-20 03:48 PM
    Sorry, yes. Unlocked North American GSM
    Try this one:

/blackberry-keyone-f445/aby299-autoloader-keyone-june-patch-1173379/
    09-17-20 05:47 PM
    Thank you kindly. I will attempt this and report back.
    09-18-20 10:05 AM
    It's 63118-001, and it's a BBB100-3.

Thanks!
    09-19-20 12:45 AM
    It's 63118-001, and it's a BBB100-3.

Thanks!
    Ok, so it's the device specifically intended for Verizon. What carrier are you using?
    09-19-20 08:54 AM
    Ok, so it's the device specifically intended for Verizon. What carrier are you using?
    I'm using Verizon.
    09-19-20 09:04 AM
    I'm using Verizon.
    In that case, you're stuck on Nougat.

The best way is to reload your OS using the Mobile Upgrade Tool.

https://mega.nz/file/lEZhDLBD#sgf-kG...W_I_vjCqRfzn5k
    09-19-20 09:57 AM
    Okay, thanks. Still, I have the question of how to transfer the .exe onto the phone?
    09-19-20 10:47 AM
    In that case, you're stuck on Nougat.

The best way is to reload your OS using the Mobile Upgrade Tool.

https://mega.nz/file/lEZhDLBD#sgf-kG...W_I_vjCqRfzn5k
    Thank you so much!
    09-19-20 10:59 AM
    Okay, thanks. Still, I have the question of how to transfer the .exe onto the phone?
    You don't. The Mobile Tool (or an autoloader for that matter) is run from your PC.
    09-19-20 10:59 AM
    Okay, thanks. I have it all ready, but the phone is still in boot loop even with the USB plugged in on both ends, and the program doesn't appear to be able to identify it.

Do I have to be able to get to the home screen? Any pointers?

Appreciate it.
    09-19-20 11:42 AM
    Okay, thanks. I have it all ready, but the phone is still in boot loop even with the USB plugged in on both ends, and the program doesn't appear to be able to identify it.

Do I have to be able to get to the home screen? Any pointers?

Appreciate it.
    You have to get it to the bootloader screen.

That means you have to press power and down volume as it is starting to boot up.
    09-19-20 01:14 PM
    Got it, thanks. I'm on step 3/4 of the installation ("Initialization now"), but it isn't advancing beyond 0/2.5gb and the phone is still boot-looping. It boot loops even in the bootloader screen after a few seconds.
    09-19-20 02:54 PM
    Actually, it got up to 860 mb but stopped there, giving a vague error message ("Some problems happened during upgrade process...."). I'll try again later.
    09-19-20 03:13 PM
    Got it, thanks. I'm on step 3/4 of the installation ("Initialization now"), but it isn't advancing beyond 0/2.5gb and the phone is still boot-looping. It boot loops even in the bootloader screen after a few seconds.
    If it bootloops inside the bootloader menu, you have a hardware problem. Among other possibilities, your power button may be stuck.
    09-19-20 03:35 PM
    Got it, thanks. So at this point is it a matter of getting a replacement?
    09-19-20 07:00 PM
    Got it, thanks. So at this point is it a matter of getting a replacement?
    Repair or replace, yes.

You can try mashing your power button to try and unstick it (if that's the issue).
    09-19-20 11:21 PM
    Please help. I've got a similar issue. Shall I start a new thread or continue here for guidance with the keyone? I can get to the boot loader menu but have tried all 4 options with no change to the boot loop issue. I see black screen with Blackberry_ powered by Android logos for around 8 seconds then restarts. By pressing double buttons I can get it to show 0% charging but stays like that for hours. The closest Ive gotten to starting up has been the unlock screen after the coloured animated booting-up procedure, but then says "shutting down." I'ts like the battery has no power. I should say that this has begun after dropping it in water momentarily. I dried it all out, by unscrewing most of the plates, compressed air blowout and hairdryer, left in rice for days and reassembled. It's like the battery is fried....new one is on order but will take weeks to get to NZ. I get the same behaviour now when I pull the battery out entirely. What else can I tell you? is there some other button push combo that can be the last resort reset? Would love to keep this phone. been through the wars, new battery, screen, and other components and always survived. Thanks!
    10-13-20 03:01 AM