No lights come on and the 30 seconds does not work. I think the screen may be bad, because the device gets warm when I plug it in, as if it is charging. Is there a way to get the device contacts and password keeper file from the device?
    08-04-20 08:29 PM
    No lights come on and the 30 seconds does not work. I think the screen may be bad, because the device gets warm when I plug it in, as if it is charging. Is there a way to get the device contacts and password keeper file from the device?
    If it won't start, then no.

Do you not sync your contacts to the cloud? Did you export a backup of your passwords?
    08-05-20 06:49 AM
    mine has been giving me the "this app stopped working..." and then once I got "Android stopped working" ...although it kept working. so I guess those are signs for me to get a new phone...sadly no new BlackBerry devices
    08-05-20 09:00 AM
    mine has been giving me the "this app stopped working..." and then once I got "Android stopped working" ...although it kept working. so I guess those are signs for me to get a new phone...sadly no new BlackBerry devices
    I'd try a Factory Rest.... but if it's a five year old phone (Priv), it's kinda time to find something new.

But 100% it's time to make sure you have backups for your data in place. Lot's of people still lose their phones, most are OK as they use current Android or iOS backup features. But you have to make sure you enable these fully.

With some Android apps, like BlackBerry's... there might be other steps you have to take as well.
    08-05-20 09:46 AM
    I'd try a Factory Rest.... but if it's a five year old phone (Priv), it's kinda time to find something new.

But 100% it's time to make sure you have backups for your data in place. Lot's of people still lose their phones, most are OK as they use current Android or iOS backup features. But you have to make sure you enable these fully.

With some Android apps, like BlackBerry's... there might be other steps you have to take as well.
    That's what others suggested too...but I wonder if I do factory reset, how many more months will I get out of this phone and how fast/ responsive will it get?
    08-05-20 11:22 AM
    That's what others suggested too...but I wonder if I do factory reset, how many more months will I get out of this phone and how fast/ responsive will it get?
    I'm typing from a PRIV that I bought couple of weeks ago. Factory reset by seller and by me the buyer a second time.

Running barely anything but CrackBerry and browser.

It's very slow compared with V30, KEYone and Motion so I doubt a factory reset will help much.

It's typical Android from my perspective. Once you get behind two or three OS generations, thing begin to lag and/or stutter.

Pickup a NEW Android One device ideally with Android 10 now or Android 11 when it's released very soon. If you can wait the month or so, you'd start with 11 and get 12 and 13 in future updates over next two years.
    08-05-20 11:44 AM
    If it won't start, then no.

Do you not sync your contacts to the cloud? Did you export a backup of your passwords?
    I do usually do but a few ended up on the device. In regards to the password keeper I thought it was being backed up to the cloud but the search is not finding any files.
    08-05-20 12:22 PM
    It's typical Android from my perspective. Once you get behind two or three OS generations, thing begin to lag and/or stutter.
    It's just typical for mobile.... Android or iOS. Five years is a long time for smartphones in that phase of their development.

Now current smartphones? You buy a SD865 powered phone with 12GB DDR5 RAM and UFS3.0 2-Lane Storage.... I'm not sure how bad it's going to look in five years. The market is changing much more slowly at this point.
    08-05-20 01:04 PM
    It's just typical for mobile.... Android or iOS. Five years is a long time for smartphones in that phase of their development.

Now current smartphones? You buy a SD865 powered phone with 12GB DDR5 RAM and UFS3.0 2-Lane Storage.... I'm not sure how bad it's going to look in five years. The market is changing much more slowly at this point.
    What’s the mpg on that model?
    08-05-20 01:06 PM
    What’s the mpg on that model?
    Just pulled the specs from the OnePlus 8 Pro.... (not a $1000 phone)

I left off it has Warp Charge, so not sure MPG fits. More like light-years per deuterium and anti-deuterium.
    08-05-20 01:59 PM
    I have a T Mobile unlocked Priv that recently started doing the exact same thing.
    When you plug it in, it gets warm, but screen won't turn on no matter what.
    To check if it is actually on, pull the screen up and look at the physical keyboard. Did it light up? If so, it's a bad screen/display

You might want to try what I did: even if the display is bad and black, it may still react to touch. Buy a slimport HDMI adapter (one end connects to your phone's micro-USB port, the other end is an HDMI port), connect it to a TV or monitor. Now you can see what the screen SHOULD be displaying. This will allow you to back up everything and wipe the phone if you so choose. This is what I'm doing for my Priv right now.

Only bad part is you have to guess where to touch on the screen, because its totally blank. Good luck
    08-08-20 10:01 PM
    Just pulled the specs from the OnePlus 8 Pro.... (not a $1000 phone)

I left off it has Warp Charge, so not sure MPG fits. More like light-years per deuterium and anti-deuterium.
    It’s taken me this long to almost comprehend what you’ve said.....

You’re too smart for LA me thinks...

Have you considered moving to Florida proper?!?
    08-11-20 07:01 AM
    It’s taken me this long to almost comprehend what you’ve said.....

You’re too smart for LA me thinks...

Have you considered moving to Florida proper?!?
    Not sure I'd call a Star Trek reference "smart"....

We considered a move to the Davenport area after the Hurricane here... home prices skyrocketed. But Family is here...
    08-11-20 07:23 AM
    Not sure I'd call a Star Trek reference "smart"....

We considered a move to the Davenport area after the Hurricane here... home prices skyrocketed. But Family is here...
    I know what you mean
    08-11-20 07:43 AM