Hello all. I've come to this forum many times in the past for help with my Priv, mainly for what I'm looking to do now but I am afraid it's too late...

Apologies in advance if this is verbose, but I'm really struggling and this post is my last ditch effort with the matter. I'm hoping you guys might be able to help.

Around 2016 sometime, I purchased an ATT Network Unlocked Priv from ebay (STV100-1 / US, New). It had all of the normal bloatware, etc. At some point, I was I remember working on it to get it to remove the bloatware. After searching around, it was likely around the time that EskeRahn came out with the details about falling back to build AAG202, then doing the OTA update to get a, basically, factory unlocked build installed. I've confirmed on that phone that it is, indeed, updated to the latest 'any other' build - AAW068. I do not remember it well, but I likely wouldn't have tried any cracks or anything for fear of bricking the phone. Aside from two battery replacements, it has worked flawlessly up until last week, when I broke the screen to the point that anything along the bottom inch wouldn't register a touch.

So fast forward and I went to ebay a few days ago, purchased the same phone (ATT, Network Unlocked, SVT100-1, New).

Then I remembered what I was trying to do with the earlier phone. The god damned ATT Priv has the most shrieking, obnoxiously loud splash/startup screen. I noticed it in the middle of the night when my phone randomly rebooted and it blared next to me at 12:36am, waking both me and my wife. I couldn't care less about the bloat apps, but that splash sound and the inability to silence it makes me furious.

So, I proceeded to follow EskeRahns tutorial. Installed AAG202 (no issue), and went to update android on the phone (presumably to get a new version OTA). It was an ATT dialog for the update, not the standard Android one that I have been familiar with on the older phone. Ok, no updates available, fine. I'll wait it out. Tried the 'checkin' code even though I don't really think it applies. Tried with/without SIM. Tried disabling Google Play Services or whatever else I could find. Every time I tapped to update, it said nothing was available, wait 23hr 59min.

I read places that I might need the IMEI whitelisted with ATT (good luck) or Blackberry (good luck) for it to see the OTA update. I don't know if I should just wait it out for a few days or what.

Has it been so long that I'm basically up ****z Creek (I'm wondering it the Android Updater provided by ATT basically goes nowhere at this point) or have there been advancements (or cracks) made to help force AAW068 to a Network Unlocked ATT Priv? I'm wary of editing the flashall.bat to ignore that it is ATT (i've seen a lot of 'maybe's that it will brick it, but no one was courageous enough to try).

My last resort is removing the motherboard from the old priv to this new one. If that is not advised, please let me know.

Thanks so much for any guidance.
    07-08-20 03:08 PM
    Hello all. I've come to this forum many times in the past for help with my Priv, mainly for what I'm looking to do now but I am afraid it's too late...

Apologies in advance if this is verbose, but I'm really struggling and this post is my last ditch effort with the matter. I'm hoping you guys might be able to help.

Around 2016 sometime, I purchased an ATT Network Unlocked Priv from ebay (STV100-1 / US, New). It had all of the normal bloatware, etc. At some point, I was I remember working on it to get it to remove the bloatware. After searching around, it was likely around the time that EskeRahn came out with the details about falling back to build AAG202, then doing the OTA update to get a, basically, factory unlocked build installed. I've confirmed on that phone that it is, indeed, updated to the latest 'any other' build - AAW068. I do not remember it well, but I likely wouldn't have tried any cracks or anything for fear of bricking the phone. Aside from two battery replacements, it has worked flawlessly up until last week, when I broke the screen to the point that anything along the bottom inch wouldn't register a touch.

So fast forward and I went to ebay a few days ago, purchased the same phone (ATT, Network Unlocked, SVT100-1, New).

Then I remembered what I was trying to do with the earlier phone. The god damned ATT Priv has the most shrieking, obnoxiously loud splash/startup screen. I noticed it in the middle of the night when my phone randomly rebooted and it blared next to me at 12:36am, waking both me and my wife. I couldn't care less about the bloat apps, but that splash sound and the inability to silence it makes me furious.

So, I proceeded to follow EskeRahns tutorial. Installed AAG202 (no issue), and went to update android on the phone (presumably to get a new version OTA). It was an ATT dialog for the update, not the standard Android one that I have been familiar with on the older phone. Ok, no updates available, fine. I'll wait it out. Tried the 'checkin' code even though I don't really think it applies. Tried with/without SIM. Tried disabling Google Play Services or whatever else I could find. Every time I tapped to update, it said nothing was available, wait 23hr 59min.

I read places that I might need the IMEI whitelisted with ATT (good luck) or Blackberry (good luck) for it to see the OTA update. I don't know if I should just wait it out for a few days or what.

Has it been so long that I'm basically up ****z Creek (I'm wondering it the Android Updater provided by ATT basically goes nowhere at this point) or have there been advancements (or cracks) made to help force AAW068 to a Network Unlocked ATT Priv? I'm wary of editing the flashall.bat to ignore that it is ATT (i've seen a lot of 'maybe's that it will brick it, but no one was courageous enough to try).

My last resort is removing the motherboard from the old priv to this new one. If that is not advised, please let me know.

Not an IT guy here but I own the AT&T version PRIV and remember when AT&T dropped support and BlackBerry took over via update that basically changed phone to a factory unlocked status. I believe there’s a sequence of events that had to be followed so that device could “see” factory unlocked version updates instead of looking for AT&T versions.

I believe once you’ve correctly “factory unlocked” device, you could just use autoloader but that’s @conite question.
    bennnr likes this.
    07-08-20 05:13 PM

Whether carrier-locked or carrier-unlocked, if the phone is the AT&T variant you can ONLY use the AT&T autoloader.

https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...roid-os-reload
    07-08-20 05:25 PM
    Right, but I have an ATT variant with the 'all others' end build. I don't remember how I did it, probably EskeRhan's method. My concern is that the ATT 'updater' no longer phones home, or anywhere for that matter, when I try to update.

Images attached are front, back (att badging) and 'about' screenshot of the old priv.

Unless I'm missing something about the phone model?
    Attached Thumbnails At wits end trying to get ATT Network Unlocked Priv to the latest 'all other carrier' build-about.png   At wits end trying to get ATT Network Unlocked Priv to the latest 'all other carrier' build-back.jpg   At wits end trying to get ATT Network Unlocked Priv to the latest 'all other carrier' build-front.jpg  
    07-08-20 05:38 PM
    Also, I'd be perfectly content if there was a solution for silencing / removing the splash noise. That's really my only concern. I haven't been able to find a solution though.
    07-08-20 05:41 PM
    Whether carrier-locked or carrier-unlocked, if the phone is the AT&T variant you can ONLY use the AT&T autoloader.

https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...roid-os-reload
    Didn’t something get changed back then since BlackBerry Limited agreed to bring over device support from AT&T though. I remember doing an updated special download that cut AT&T from the update equation fall or winter of 2016 approximately?
    bennnr likes this.
    07-08-20 06:05 PM
    Didn’t something get changed back then since BlackBerry Limited agreed to bring over device support from AT&T though. I remember doing an updated special download that cut AT&T from the update equation fall or winter of 2016 approximately?
    The change allowed continued OTA updates if unlocked and used on another (not-AT&T) network.

But I am referencing autoloaders.
    07-08-20 06:06 PM
    The change allowed continued OTA updates if unlocked and used on another (not-AT&T) network.

But I am referencing autoloaders.
    So if I were to downgrade it to AAG202 and pop in a tmo sim, would it theoretically pull the 'all other' version?

I'm fairly certain that a few of the replies here are referencing what I had mentioned about EskeRahn's workaround.

Thanks
    07-08-20 06:21 PM
    So if I were to downgrade it to AAG202 and pop in a tmo sim, would it theoretically pull the 'all other' version?

I'm fairly certain that a few of the replies here are referencing what I had mentioned about EskeRahn's workaround.

Thanks
    Personally, I wouldn't mess with it at this point. You're on the latest build anyway. Just don't turn the phone off - I haven't in years.
    07-08-20 07:05 PM
    Personally, I wouldn't mess with it at this point. You're on the latest build anyway. Just don't turn the phone off - I haven't in years.
    Right, except the last three nights it has rebooted randomly at different times. Fortunately I saw it happening one night and was able to take it into the other room before it started blaring.
    07-08-20 07:16 PM
    I think the OP stated that the phone randomly reboots itself, including in the middle of the night. I can imagine that AT&T startup chime being quite obnoxious in the middle of the night.
    bennnr likes this.
    07-08-20 07:31 PM
    I'm sure that you can find a Priv in better condition somewhere.
    07-09-20 10:38 AM
    I'm sure that you can find a Priv in better condition somewhere.
    Not sure what you mean. I have a new one, the photos are of the old one (an ATT Network Unlocked Priv running the latest 'All Other' release).
    07-09-20 01:31 PM
    Not sure what you mean. I have a new one, the photos are of the old one (an ATT Network Unlocked Priv running the latest 'All Other' release).
    Random reboots can be caused by a hardware issue.

Have you tried using an autoloader in order to shake loose any gremlins? If it still reboots as often as you say then you can try swapping the internals.
    07-09-20 02:50 PM
    Random reboots can be caused by a hardware issue.

Have you tried using an autoloader in order to shake loose any gremlins? If it still reboots as often as you say then you can try swapping the internals.
    Agree... Factory Reset to clear the software of being the issue.

Leave hardware as the problem... not always easy to trouble shoot.

If you plug in to charge... might try not doing that and see if it reboots. Might need to only charge during waking hours.
    07-10-20 09:11 AM
    Thanks. After installing latest ATT release a few days ago, no random reboots.

Still trying to figure out how I got the original phone on the all others release.

Would it be possible that it might take a few days for a new release to push through if I reverted back to AAG202?

Thanks
    07-10-20 10:02 AM
    Thanks. After installing latest ATT release a few days ago, no random reboots.

Still trying to figure out how I got the original phone on the all others release.

Would it be possible that it might take a few days for a new release to push through if I reverted back to AAG202?

Thanks
    You're likely to forever be stuck in limbo if you did that.
    07-10-20 10:22 AM
    Not sure what you mean. Do you mean it'll brick it? Originally, the phone came with the build after AAG202, which I downgraded after.

Restarted on it's own again in the middle of the night. I'll probably just swap the chips.
    07-11-20 07:17 AM
    Not sure what you mean. Do you mean it'll brick it? Originally, the phone came with the build after AAG202, which I downgraded after.

Restarted on it's own again in the middle of the night. I'll probably just swap the chips.
    The Priv has a bad habit of choking on certain apps. Mine will crash and reboot 4 out of 5 attempts to update the Google app. Try disabling auto app updates in the Google Play Store.
    bennnr likes this.
    07-11-20 05:48 PM
    The Priv has a bad habit of choking on certain apps. Mine will crash and reboot 4 out of 5 attempts to update the Google app. Try disabling auto app updates in the Google Play Store.
    Thanks for that tip. Might be a possibility since its new and apps are being updated from the last couple years.

Rebooted again last night. Found the added bonus that it resets the volume to full also. So, even tho I could ignore the splash jingle, all notifications after it had booted were not subtle...
    07-12-20 02:41 PM
    Also, I'd be perfectly content if there was a solution for silencing / removing the splash noise. That's really my only concern. I haven't been able to find a solution though.
    I have a AT&T KeyONE, not a Priv, and it's running Oreo, not Marshmallow, but let me ask: have you set up a PIN to unlock your phone as part of booting/restarting? With no PIN, the AT&T logo appears with an audible chime. However, once a PIN is in place, then the AT&T logo splashes in silence. Perhaps this will work with your Priv as well.
    07-28-20 01:25 AM