Much to my surprise, I just saw the KEY2 LEs listed again for sale on the GoTalk site. Not *quite* brand new however, these are in "Open Box Grade A" condition, which I'm taking to mean demo or floor models (those in the know, PLEASE feel free to correct me on this). Unlocked, 64GB, Champagne color only, $599. Won't go into conspiracy theories, but IIRC, Champagne was the last color available Best Buy. Someone pointed out on another thread that whatever remaining worldwide stock of BB phones is getting shuffled around-- could these be the last of the Best Buy phones? GoTalk was out of these for months. Now, if only GoTalk would match Best Buy's old final LE pricing of $249-279...
    https://gotalkusa.com/smartphones/blackberry/
    06-02-20 10:54 PM
    I doubt Best Buy had to dump their inventory. NiB BlackBerries with warranties were difficult to find and quickly became desirable once reality finally sank in. I'd guess that these are returns that GoTalk found on the gray market.
    06-03-20 01:06 AM
    Much to my surprise, I just saw the KEY2 LEs listed again for sale on the GoTalk site. Not *quite* brand new however, these are in "Open Box Grade A" condition, which I'm taking to mean demo or floor models (those in the know, PLEASE feel free to correct me on this). Unlocked, 64GB, Champagne color only, $599. Won't go into conspiracy theories, but IIRC, Champagne was the last color available Best Buy. Someone pointed out on another thread that whatever remaining worldwide stock of BB phones is getting shuffled around-- could these be the last of the Best Buy phones? GoTalk was out of these for months. Now, if only GoTalk would match Best Buy's old final LE pricing of $249-279...
    https://gotalkusa.com/smartphones/blackberry/
    GoTalk was purchasing all of the remaining Key2/Key2 LE inventory from BBMo/TCL and was listed as their last "official" retailer on the North America/USA BBMo website.

I would expect that all BBMo retailers have now returned everything to BBMo/TCL and these were probably the returns and display models. Things have been pandemically crazy but supply chains are restarting and GoTalk is unloading the last of their inventory. At these prices, I suppose there's not too much left. I'd pay the $679 for a Key2 before I'd pay $599 for a Key2 LE but that's just me.

While I'm an extreme opportunistic capitalist, I'm shocked at the prices on their website. The DTEK and KEYone aren't even remotely current from a NIB retailer perspective. Retailers aren't in business very long when holding out high prices too long. The Key2 LE models aren't going to run out at almost Key2 prices.

I'd suggest emailing GoTalk and doing some haggling. Make sure you pay for purchase on your best credit with dispute privilege card in your wallet.
    06-03-20 07:15 AM
    GoTalk was purchasing all of the remaining Key2/Key2 LE inventory from BBMo/TCL and was listed as their last "official" retailer on the North America/USA BBMo website.

I would expect that all BBMo retailers have now returned everything to BBMo/TCL and these were probably the returns and display models. Things have been pandemically crazy but supply chains are restarting and GoTalk is unloading the last of their inventory. At these prices, I suppose there's not too much left. I'd pay the $679 for a Key2 before I'd pay $599 for a Key2 LE but that's just me.

While I'm an extreme opportunistic capitalist, I'm shocked at the prices on their website. The DTEK and KEYone aren't even remotely current from a NIB retailer perspective. Retailers aren't in business very long when holding out high prices too long. The Key2 LE models aren't going to run out at almost Key2 prices.

I'd suggest emailing GoTalk and doing some haggling. Make sure you pay for purchase on your best credit with dispute privilege card in your wallet.
    Joys of capitalism.... and the rules of supply and demand.

TCL didn't make the mistakes that they made with the KEYone or the BlackBerry always did. They limited production on the KEY2 devices.... Crazy they found some Motions to sell as well - DTEKs I understand, as BlackBerry always planned for more than they could sell. EBay has a seller offering NEW in the box Passport SE.... granted they are $400, but he's sold 18, so somewhere he found a box of them. Five years from now you won't find KEY2's new in the box...

People waiting for clearance prices, or for a few years to go by and the price to drop to $199 are going to be disappointed.
    06-03-20 07:35 AM
    Joys of capitalism.... and the rules of supply and demand.

TCL didn't make the mistakes that they made with the KEYone or the BlackBerry always did. They limited production on the KEY2 devices.... Crazy they found some Motions to sell as well - DTEKs I understand, as BlackBerry always planned for more than they could sell. EBay has a seller offering NEW in the box Passport SE.... granted they are $400, but he's sold 18, so somewhere he found a box of them. Five years from now you won't find KEY2's new in the box...

People waiting for clearance prices, or for a few years to go by and the price to drop to $199 are going to be disappointed.
    Exactly, all the good deals were at point the retailers were offering discounts to avoid return and write off losses.
    06-03-20 07:41 AM
    I think I caught the "market low" when I bought several brand new units from WalMart at $137/each (yes - $137!) when they were getting rid of them. Don't worry - I didn't resell any of them. Keeping them for future parts of needed because they were so cheap.

Also, just an FYI that I had previously called GoTalk to try to negotiate a discount and they declined at the time because they had little inventory and didn't need to. If you can hold out for a little and they still have availability then I would recommend calling them and trying to get a discount on whatever they have left.
    06-03-20 05:31 PM
    I think I caught the "market low" when I bought several brand new units from WalMart at $137/each (yes - $137!) when they were getting rid of them. Don't worry - I didn't resell any of them. Keeping them for future parts of needed because they were so cheap.

Also, just an FYI that I had previously called GoTalk to try to negotiate a discount and they declined at the time because they had little inventory and didn't need to. If you can hold out for a little and they still have availability then I would recommend calling them and trying to get a discount on whatever they have left.
    I wouldn't hold out much hope in GoTalk wanting to "clearance" the limited inventory they have.... if anything I bet they wish they had more of it.

The "Market" is now setting the prices for these devices... based on the scarcity of them. I suspect that will remain in effect until the limited stock has been depleted.

That Walmart deal was the best I saw... if you lived near one that had them in stock. Best Buy's wasn't as good, but compared to today's prices it was a big discount. But as stated that was when retailers wanted to move out dead inventory. As the only official outlet, other than individuals on eBay or Amazon.... I suspect sales are moving along at a pace that GoTalk is happy with.
    06-04-20 07:45 AM
    Agree. While there isn't a huge demand for these devices, the few people who DO make up the demand for a new or nearly-new-in-box K2/K2LE are a large enough number that people will pay the prices asked for them, especially once they realize this is the end of the line for real. GoTalk understands their market just fine.
    06-04-20 01:50 PM
    Agree. While there isn't a huge demand for these devices, the few people who DO make up the demand for a new or nearly-new-in-box K2/K2LE are a large enough number that people will pay the prices asked for them, especially once they realize this is the end of the line for real. GoTalk understands their market just fine.
    Wish I had bought a few hundred RED KEY2's.....
    06-04-20 01:59 PM
    I wouldn't hold out much hope in GoTalk wanting to "clearance" the limited inventory they have.... if anything I bet they wish they had more of it.

The "Market" is now setting the prices for these devices... based on the scarcity of them. I suspect that will remain in effect until the limited stock has been depleted.

That Walmart deal was the best I saw... if you lived near one that had them in stock. Best Buy's wasn't as good, but compared to today's prices it was a big discount. But as stated that was when retailers wanted to move out dead inventory. As the only official outlet, other than individuals on eBay or Amazon.... I suspect sales are moving along at a pace that GoTalk is happy with.
    I went through a LOT of work getting those Walmart units (at $137). I spent hours searching different zip codes across different cities/states and ended up going to 1 store in Vegas, almost went to another in Orange County, CA (missed that phone by a couple of days), and ultimately had my brother go to a store in upstate NY to get a few. These were places I happened to be traveling to so it was worth the time but it was still really hard to find the few Walmart devices that remained.

As for Go Talk, the negotiation possibility will depend on whether they have 1 or many units. When I spoke with them months ago trying to negotiate a black unit down, they sounded "entrepreneurial" in that they sounded like if they had a lot of them they would have negotiated. That's why I am thinking that if they still have units in 1-2 months then you might be able to negotiate with them.
    06-04-20 04:12 PM
    I went through a LOT of work getting those Walmart units (at $137). I spent hours searching different zip codes across different cities/states and ended up going to 1 store in Vegas, almost went to another in Orange County, CA (missed that phone by a couple of days), and ultimately had my brother go to a store in upstate NY to get a few. These were places I happened to be traveling to so it was worth the time but it was still really hard to find the few Walmart devices that remained.

As for Go Talk, the negotiation possibility will depend on whether they have 1 or many units. When I spoke with them months ago trying to negotiate a black unit down, they sounded "entrepreneurial" in that they sounded like if they had a lot of them they would have negotiated. That's why I am thinking that if they still have units in 1-2 months then you might be able to negotiate with them.
    That was before EOL announcement. See the DTEK on the website. They might go down to MSRP and that’s all I’d expect.
    06-04-20 06:31 PM
    I went through a LOT of work getting those Walmart units (at $137). I spent hours searching different zip codes across different cities/states and ended up going to 1 store in Vegas, almost went to another in Orange County, CA (missed that phone by a couple of days), .
    Sorry, I'm the one that got the Orange County phone or at least that's what I was told.
    06-05-20 12:01 AM
    Sorry, I'm the one that got the Orange County phone or at least that's what I was told.
    Ha ha - nice. There was 1 available in San Juan Capistrano. If that's where you bought it then you got my phone!!
    06-05-20 08:07 PM
    Ha ha - nice. There was 1 available in San Juan Capistrano. If that's where you bought it then you got my phone!!
    Yep, sorry:-(
    06-05-20 08:10 PM
    Yep, sorry:-(
    LMAO ---- if something unfortunate happens to phuoc, @jeremyr4 is the prime suspect.
    06-06-20 09:03 AM
    LMAO ---- if something unfortunate happens to phuoc, @jeremyr4 is the prime suspect.
    :-)
    06-06-20 10:13 AM
    Ha ha - that's a good one. Don't worry - I managed to find 4 backup phones so no need for me to get that phone from him
    06-06-20 07:04 PM
    Whew! I'm gonna live :-)
    06-06-20 09:19 PM