I have just found my old blackberry curve. I cannot remember my password, is there any way I can unlock without loosing my data? I am not worried about loosing contacts or apps. I just want to be able to look at my old photos.
    06-01-20 04:12 AM
    Well you get ten tries at it...
    06-01-20 08:20 AM
    Do you have an SD card in it? If so, did you happen to save your photos to it?

As long as you never set the phone to encrypt the card, you could pull it out and access it through a PC.

How long was it out of service? If it's been years, you need to ask yourself if those contacts or apps are really that important now.
    06-01-20 08:37 AM
    Do you have an SD card in it? If so, did you happen to save your photos to it?

As long as you never set the phone to encrypt the card, you could pull it out and access it through a PC.

How long was it out of service? If it's been years, you need to ask yourself if those contacts or apps are really that important now.
    Does protect work with BBOS devices? Does it allow for password changes, without knowing the password? That they only thing I could think of... but not sure it works that way.

Back then I only used four or five passwords, so with ten guesses I'd get it. Today, I've been allowing all these crazy passwords.... and the browser or phone to input them.... so I don't know or use passwords as much these days.
    06-01-20 08:57 AM
    Does protect work with BBOS devices? Does it allow for password changes, without knowing the password? That they only thing I could think of... but not sure it works that way.

Back then I only used four or five passwords, so with ten guesses I'd get it. Today, I've been allowing all these crazy passwords.... and the browser or phone to input them.... so I don't know or use passwords as much these days.
    Protect will work with as old as BBOS 5, but they only say wireless backups and restores. Don't know if it gets into resetting the password or not.
    06-01-20 09:44 AM
    Protect will work with as old as BBOS 5, but they only say wireless backups and restores. Don't know if it gets into resetting the password or not.
    Well OP could try that....

Next would be Chimera Tools.... which I have no experience with at all. Don't know if it will allow access to password protected data or not.
    06-01-20 09:51 AM