Hello,

Since yesterday, my KeyOne won't download pictures or videos in Whatsapp anymore; I get an error message saying that there is no internal storage available. 'disconnect it as a drive and try again' (free translation from Dutch). I have more than enough internal storage space left (10 gb). I thought it may be an issue with my SD card because it got corrupted/damaged, so I bought a new one yesterday. The problem hasn't been solved though...

I tried a soft reset and I have also tried to connect my phone to the pc, but I don't get to see the contents of my phone. I only see the name of the phone under 'This PC'. I am not a complete beginner when it comes to phones and I can usually find a solution online somewhere, but I really dont know what the issue is. It looks like it doesn't recognise or connect with either the internal storage or the micro SD card. Weirdly enough, when I make a picture with my phone, it just disappears.. so it isn't stored anywhere.

Has anyone experienced this with the KeyOne? Any advice? Many thanks!
    05-29-20 01:49 PM
    Is your SD card working with other apps... Camera, Music?

Can you view the files via the File Manager?

Reboot the phone?

Try clearing the Whatsapp Cache?

Backup Whatsapp if you can, the clear all Data?

Clear Cache, Data and uninstall WhatsApp.... reboot and reinstall.
    05-29-20 03:15 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply!

No the SD card does not seem to work with other apps either. But will double check

I can't see any files in the file manager. When I go to Files in the menu, I see all the folders but they are all displaying 0 Bytes. I also get the pop-up message that the SD card has been deleted or is 'built in'.

When I go to Memory in Settings, I can see that there is internal storage and how different things on my phone apparently take up space. My SD card is also displayed there.

I cleaned the Whatsapp cache, but it didn't help. I rebooted the phone; didn't help.

Uninstalling WhatsApp... I could try that, although I think it's a broader issue if my Camera also doesn't save the pictures anywhere that I take.
    05-29-20 03:58 PM

When I go to camera options, the option to save the pictures on my media card is not available, so I guess it doesn't recognise the SD card either. When I go to Storage in the phone settings, it shows that there is internal storage and that apps, pictures, etc. take up a certain amount and percentage of the storage space. It also shows the SD card, but it's empty because I just bought it.

When I go to Files, it shows all the folders but indicates that they all contain 0 bytes, so they seem empty. I also get a pop up screen saying tha the SD card has been removed or is 'built in'.

I rebooted the phone, cleared the whatsapp cache.. but it didn't make a difference. I can try to uninstall whatsapp, but doesn't it seem to be a broader issue if the pictures I now take with the camera are also not stored anywhere on the phone?
    05-29-20 04:08 PM
    Sorry, I wrote it twice because I thought there was a connection issue! The second message is more insightful probably
    05-29-20 04:59 PM

No the SD card does not seem to work with other apps either. But will double check

I can't see any files in the file manager. When I go to Files in the menu, I see all the folders but they are all displaying 0 Bytes. I also get the pop-up message that the SD card has been deleted or is 'built in'.

When I go to Memory in Settings, I can see that there is internal storage and how different things on my phone apparently take up space. My SD card is also displayed there.

I cleaned the Whatsapp cache, but it didn't help. I rebooted the phone; didn't help.

Uninstalling WhatsApp... I could try that, although I think it's a broader issue if my Camera also doesn't save the pictures anywhere that I take.
    This is an SD card issue, you probably need to format it again or haven't set it up properly yet.
    05-29-20 09:52 PM
    Ok, thank you! I'll go to a phone repair shop today to see if they can help me set it up properly
    05-30-20 02:15 AM
    The store advised me to back to the factory settings. I just went through the whole process and that seems to work, although I have now also set up the SD card as external storage and not as internal storage. Fingers crossed that it will stay this way, thanks again!
    05-30-20 05:59 AM
    Yeah it's best not to use the internal or adopted storage option.... but I'd keep my eye on the card as well, they do fail.
    06-02-20 03:36 PM