Howdy!

We're writing today to share that we will be closing this beta community next week. We would like to thank everyone who spent time with us here over the last 2 years -- your feedback made a big difference in our releases and helped to shape the quality and features of our current suite.

The BlackBerry apps featured in this beta program will continue to have beta releases in Google Play! You can choose to Join or Leave beta testing for individual apps by clicking the appropriate link on an app's page in the Google Play app. We'll continue to receive and monitor all feedback submitted through the 'Private Feedback to Developer' section in the Google Play app (on each app's page). You can also send feedback to our published support address, [email protected].

Thank you again for joining us in this community! We'll continue to see you online on our social media channels and other forums.

Cheers,

BlackBerry Beta Team

https://bbbeta.centercode.com/project/home.html?cap=f3b025cfa091490ea13c21ae7d67fd73
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-07-20 10:00 AM
    So I guess next is killing off Android apps...

I guess I better start looking for alternatives to the HUB and Keyboard...
    05-07-20 10:00 AM

Yeah from what I can tell enterprise solutions are different products from BlackBerry.... and BlackBerry's UEM business is going in the wrong direction as it is.... cost have to be cut.

Talks is starting to pick up on Android 11... it's running behind with COVID, but basically Google is done with Android 10... other than security patches. Android 11 is still in developer phase, but Google just announced June 3 for the Beta Launch "Show".

I doubt BlackBerry wanted to move forward to support Android 11, without any hardware sales.
    05-07-20 10:12 AM

Aqua Mail and SwiftKey. Done.
    john_v and anon(10337964) like this.
    05-07-20 10:19 AM
    I can't say any keyboard will be able to replace the BB Keyboard. I'll look into this... Aqua Mail...
    05-07-20 10:24 AM
    I mostly used Outlook and the Microsoft Launcher. The Recent Activities box captures some things the Hub does like SMS, calls, emails, Instagram, WhatsApp. It's not exactly like Hub but it's as close as we are going to get.
    Last edited by pgg101; 05-07-20 at 01:02 PM.
    john_v likes this.
    05-07-20 12:11 PM
    I can't say any keyboard will be able to replace the BB Keyboard. I'll look into this... Aqua Mail...
    Agree about the keyboard. I've tried SwiftKey. It's just not the same.
    bbfanfan likes this.
    05-07-20 12:29 PM
    I'm dreading my return to the iOS keyboard. Luckily, I'll still be able to use my Z10 for most mobile writing.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    05-07-20 12:33 PM
    I absolutely agree. But we were talking about potential replacements. It's really the closest thing to it.
    05-07-20 01:57 PM
    I'm dreading my return to the iOS keyboard. Luckily, I'll still be able to use my Z10 for most mobile writing.

I honestly think that's the worst feature on the iPhone. The default keyboard is absolutely atrocious.
    05-07-20 01:57 PM
    I honestly think that's the worst feature on the iPhone. The keyboard is absolutely atrocious.
    Gboard works well...at least for me with 3 languages....
    05-07-20 01:59 PM
    Absolutely. That would be an absolute must at the very least. As well as SwiftKey.
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-07-20 02:00 PM
    I honestly think that's the worst feature on the iPhone. The keyboard is absolutely atrocious.
    I could not agree more. It's all style and no substance, IMO. We talk a lot about VKB vs. PKB users, but I think in terms of people who produce a lot of copy on their phones and people who don't. IOS is a rotten writing platform. I see BT keyboards in my future for my desk!

05-07-20 02:05 PM
    I absolutely agree. But we were talking about potential replacements. It's really the closest thing to it.
    True. Need to consider a future replacement. The BlackBerry keyboard won't last forever.
    05-07-20 02:05 PM
    Hub... I can live without it. What I really gonna miss is Privacy Shade...
    05-07-20 03:25 PM
    SwiftKey on iOS or Android? From what I understand, on iOS it is a pale shadow of what it is on Android. I've used SwiftKey on Android for 8 years, now, and I'm so used to it that it's one of the first apps I download simply to be able to type efficiently.
    john_v likes this.
    05-07-20 03:26 PM
    True. Need to consider a future replacement. The BlackBerry keyboard won't last forever.
    Indeed, it's doing a sad, slow fade on a regular basis.
    05-07-20 03:27 PM
    Will the BlackBerry VKB simply stop working?
    05-07-20 03:42 PM
    Will the BlackBerry VKB simply stop working?
    Not that. But it may not be updated much longer. At some point, as other devices are updated with new OSs, the keyboard app just may not be compatible or supported.

But that may take a few years.
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-07-20 04:40 PM
    I honestly think that's the worst feature on the iPhone. The default keyboard is absolutely atrocious.
    I couldn’t agree more with that, I wish Blackberry would license their keyboard in the IOS App Store, I would buy it the day it was released.
    so crow likes this.
    05-07-20 05:33 PM
    I couldn’t agree more with that, I wish Blackberry would license their keyboard in the IOS App Store, I would buy it the day it was released.
    Did they ever finish pulling the SwiftKey guts out of the app - or is it still a licensed product that they don't own?
    05-08-20 08:39 AM
    Did they ever finish pulling the SwiftKey guts out of the app - or is it still a licensed product that they don't own?
    I don't think we know for sure. After the last update, some complained that it wasn't as good. I didn't really notice a difference.
    05-08-20 09:26 AM
    How good is it compared to the BB Keyboard?The BB Keyboard will switch from one language to the other (I have pt_BR/en_US set up) as soon as I start writing a word in said language.

Even it can also do that I dread using prediction that break my type flow... Maybe I can just keep using the BB keyboard till the OS in my phone is no longer compatible lol...

Indeed, it's doing a sad, slow fade on a regular basis.
    OI! Long time no see!
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-16-20 11:21 PM
    I find the GBoard to be pretty good. I use two languages and it recognizes them within the same sentence. I can type comme ceci et il reconnaît what I am writing. Autocorrect is quite good too. I do miss flicking though.

How good is it compared to the BB Keyboard?The BB Keyboard will switch from one language to the other (I have pt_BR/en_US set up) as soon as I start writing a word in said language.

Even it can also do that I dread using prediction that break my type flow... Maybe I can just keep using the BB keyboard till the OS in my phone is no longer compatible lol...

OI! Long time no see!
    elfabio80 and diegonei like this.
    05-17-20 12:16 AM

OI! Long time no see!
    I've been around pretty regularly, lately! Howdy, Diego!
    diegonei likes this.
    05-17-20 02:24 AM
37 12