I do not have any problems with my Keyone at all. Keyboard is fast, got apps working properly, everything is generally fine. The only thing I'm concerned about is my phone is a bit weary now. Though I have my cover but a little too late already. Hehe
    gouger05 and chain13 like this.
    05-05-20 04:12 AM
    Always try a Factory Reset... that sometimes will refresh a weary device.
    05-05-20 08:29 AM
    Always try a Factory Reset... that sometimes will refresh a weary device.
    I mean physically weary. Got a lot of visible scratches now etc. Hehe
    05-05-20 04:27 PM
    Good for your.
    My fingerprint sensor not working anymore.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-20 07:56 AM
    Good for your.
    My fingerprint sensor not working anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried deleting your existing fingerprint and then tried to reset by putting another fingerprint there?
    Fingerprint files do get corrupted.
    05-06-20 08:07 AM
    Have you tried deleting your existing fingerprint and then tried to reset by putting another fingerprint there?
    Yes. Up to several factory resets.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-20 08:36 AM
    This is a known hardware fault on ageing KEYᵒⁿᵉ devices.
    05-06-20 09:36 AM
    Yes. Up to several factory resets.

Posted via CB10
    My KEYone's fingerprint sensor worked excellent new out of the box. Then because I was going to sell did a factory reset but changed my mind and began using again some, sensor was a totally different beast after the reset. Did finally sell yet phone itself probably didn't acquire 1.5-2 months of very basic use in the whole time I owned it. Never bothered with another factory reset to if that would help.
    05-06-20 05:10 PM
    Ageing KeyOne device... kinda sad/nostalgic to read that comment. Mine still working great, but I know the laws of nature...
    05-07-20 12:44 AM
    Ageing KeyOne device... kinda sad/nostalgic to read that comment. Mine still working great, but I know the laws of nature...
    Yeah me too. But I already have my case. So it's as good as new. Hehehe.
    05-09-20 08:10 AM
    This is a known hardware fault on ageing KEYᵒⁿᵉ devices.
    My sensor is just fine. And my keyboard is super fast.. Got this black ed Keyone a month after it was released and still in very good condition.
    05-09-20 08:13 AM
    I have a Key² but am considering resuming use of my Key¹ I liked better...

better list

overall feel
    camera
    PKB
    •better feel
    •better backlight

but

faster, a bit
    spotty QI dongle support

maybe just me but that's my take
    05-09-20 10:41 AM
    My sensor is just fine. And my keyboard is super fast.. Got this black ed Keyone a month after it was released and still in very good condition.
    My original silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ is fine too. Nevertheless, this is a known issue.
    05-09-20 11:27 AM
    My original silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ is fine too. Nevertheless, this is a known issue.
    Is the fix a simple replacement of the keyboard? No issues on my BE but maybe I should buy a cheap new keyboard while available.
    05-09-20 04:07 PM
    Is the fix a simple replacement of the keyboard? No issues on my BE but maybe I should buy a cheap new keyboard while available.
    Not sure. At 3 years, most people don't bother trying to fix things.
    05-09-20 04:17 PM
    For the factory reset, what does it wipe out? I'm going to guess apps need to be reinstalled and if there was associated data in the app, it would be gone too? What about files, like in Download, Pictures, etc.?

At this point, my finger print sensor says, "Fingerprint hardware not available." and the fingerprint LED doesn't light up anymore. Is the hardware dead? Do I have any hope of reviving it with a factory reset? Or does that depend on the fingerprint LED still showing some sign of life?

Thanks!
    05-15-20 03:44 AM
    For the factory reset, what does it wipe out? I'm going to guess apps need to be reinstalled and if there was associated data in the app, it would be gone too? What about files, like in Download, Pictures, etc.?

At this point, my finger print sensor says, "Fingerprint hardware not available." and the fingerprint LED doesn't light up anymore. Is the hardware dead? Do I have any hope of reviving it with a factory reset? Or does that depend on the fingerprint LED still showing some sign of life?

Thanks!
    Everything on the device will be wiped. Your SD card, assuming portable storage, will be untouched.

50/50 on getting back your fingerprint.
    05-15-20 07:04 AM
    Not sure. At 3 years, most people don't bother trying to fix things.
    I bought my NA BE KeyOne new last January '19.
    05-15-20 03:38 PM
    I bought my NA BE KeyOne new last January '19.
    Replacement keyboards are around and aren't too expensive, but I'm not even certain it's the keyboard hardware that causes the lost fingerprint functionality.
    05-15-20 03:49 PM
    Replaced my battery and back cover today at the authorized service center.

Cost me around $50 usd
    05-16-20 10:53 AM
    Had been using my KeyOne for about a week recently.

Battery life was about the same when using and active but lasted longer in stand by mode. With both KeyOne and Two was getting about 6hrs screen time but longer non use with KeyOne.

Using KeyOne and Two you can feel the difference going back and forth between apps ... keytwo much snappier.

Switching phones around during Covid time is fun. Felt more satisfaction using Passport even though my daily apps didn't work well and couldn't get my work email to sync on bb10.
    05-16-20 04:42 PM
    Replacement keyboards are around and aren't too expensive, but I'm not even certain it's the keyboard hardware that causes the lost fingerprint functionality.
    Does this mean that it may be something on the motherboard?
    05-16-20 11:57 PM
    Everything on the device will be wiped. Your SD card, assuming portable storage, will be untouched.

50/50 on getting back your fingerprint.
    I did the Factory Reset and am currently spending time to restore everything.

For my KEYone, with the fingerprint sensor no longer lighting up with the *#2886#->MANU->FingerPrint Led lighting up and not working in general, Factory Reset did not work.

Hope this saves someone some time and lost txt's. (I backed up all the Internal Memory files, but neglected to backup txt's, which is sad, since they contained all the travel txt's over the last few years. Memories lost... (sigh) )
    Last edited by cbvinh; 05-17-20 at 05:43 AM.
    05-17-20 04:09 AM
    I did the Factory Reset and am currently spending time to restore everything.

For my KEYone, with the fingerprint sensor no longer lighting up with the *#2886#->MANU->FingerPrint Led lighting up and not working in general, Factory Reset did not work.

Hope this saves someone some time and lost txt's. (I backed up all the Internal Memory files, but neglected to backup txt's, which is sad, since they contained all the travel txt's over the last few years. Memories lost... (sigh) )
    It didn't work for you, but it could still work for others. There is more than one reason for lost fingerprint functionality.
    05-17-20 08:11 AM
    It didn't work for you, but it could still work for others. There is more than one reason for lost fingerprint functionality.
    I haven't found a thread that lists the causes and why Factory Reset would work, just that some people have found it to work, though they don't list the state of their fingerprint sensor at the time. I "think" it did work for the people who have the fingerprint LED still light up. Mine does not. Here's the state of my KEYone...

- From lock screen, "Fingerprint hardware not available."
    - Settings->Security & location->Fingerprint, Add fingerprint, "Enrolment was not completed. This finger is already enrolled, please try a different finger." displayed immediately without touching the fingerprint reader.
    - Phone App, *#2886*, MANU,
    FingerPrint, "Self Test: Running" doesn't stop after 10 minutes.
    FingerPrintEnroll does not register.
    FingerPrint Led does not light up.

KEYone BBB100-1, first batch from Amazon (ordered late May 2017, delivered early June 2017), running Oreo 8.1.0, build ABP819, patch level Feb 5, 2019

I wanted to relay the condition of my KEYone and that Factory Reset didn't work for me, as a data point for other people. Factory Reset was a hassle, as everything needed to be set up again, and in my case, I didn't backup my txt's, so lost those.

Has anyone solved the fingerprint sensor issue with a KEYone in a similar state? It would help as another data point to counter what I experienced. (This is a general question to everyone, to provide their experience.)
    05-17-20 08:34 AM