I previously posted that I was having trouble with playing longer videos. This might have related to watching videos that require sign-in for age verification.

I don't sign in and I see I get a "Source Unavailable" warning when trying to watch videos with a sign in requirement on a desktop PC.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-21 01:03 AM
    I previously posted that I was having trouble with playing longer videos. This might have related to watching videos that require sign-in for age verification.

I don't sign in and I see I get a "Source Unavailable" warning when trying to watch videos with a sign in requirement on a desktop PC.

Posted via CB10
    In that case it's a similar blockade like we had with the cookie policy lately, only in your case now with the large videos and the age restriction and that Google wanting you to be signed in to your account.. well do it like you would do it with downloading a video only that you are being pre-signed in in the BB-browser on the device, select the video in question and share it to the browser and watch it there.
    Either signe in again tick the age confirmation box or YT recognised you as already signed in and let you watch regardless... that what I would try ;-)

 Classic  Passport  OS10.3.3.3216
    04-08-21 03:40 AM
    Version 1.3.5.4 is out.
    - Fixed the 'Source unavailable' error on age-restricted videos
    Gentian Salia likes this.
    04-10-21 04:57 AM
    Version 1.3.5.4 is out.
    - Fixed the 'Source unavailable' error on age-restricted videos
    Damn. That's impressive. Gotta try it out!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-21 03:49 PM
    Yes!!! You're a genius! It won't work on the native browser but it works on BBTube. Brilliant.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-21 03:21 PM
    Strange. Some videos still come up as Source Unavailable. But other in the same channel come through. All are age restricted.

This one doesn't work:

Others do though in this channel as I mentioned.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-21 02:22 AM
    Strange. Some videos still come up as Source Unavailable. But other in the same channel come through. All are age restricted.

Others do though in this channel as I mentioned.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Had a similar issue some days ago for "source not found" on certain channels but I just changed my VPN entry point and everything was back to normal.
    Seams like a temporary issue YT pushing either a cookie or login window in between randomly depending on the IP address the link call is coming from.

04-27-21 03:08 AM
    Had a similar issue some days ago for "source not found" on certain channels but I just changed my VPN entry point and everything was back to normal.
    Seams like a temporary issue YT pushing either a cookie or login window in between randomly depending on the IP address the link call is coming from.

I'm not using a VPN though. Very odd. Maybe the clever fix in the last update to watched age protected material without signing in gets hampered in some scenarios.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-21 07:44 PM
    @FortressBB10
    I don't know why but the API which I call in case of age-restricted videos returns 'Video unplayable' for this particular video. It's hard to say why does it happen, maybe the author limited this video somehow additionally (just a hypothesis: this video could be un-embeddable).
    I'm sorry but I don't know how to fix this issue
    04-28-21 12:38 PM
    @FortressBB10
    I don't know why but the API which I call in case of age-restricted videos returns 'Video unplayable' for this particular video. It's hard to say why does it happen, maybe the author limited this video somehow additionally (just a hypothesis: this video could be un-embeddable).
    I'm sorry but I don't know how to fix this issue
    If I go through the library for this channel, the pattern seems random. But if video part 1 of 6 works all 6 will work. This leads me to believe that it's something he's doing when he uploads the videos. Some setting or sequence. If he does it that way with video 1 he will do it with the rest of that group. But it doesn't seem intentional.

No worries about the issue! I'm happy to still be using your awesome app.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-21 06:51 PM
    Another strange experience occurred.

I think Amazon uses multiple servers for different devices. A newly uploaded video (originally livestreamed) would only play in Kiwi at m.youtube.com. I got source unavailable for both BBTube and the stock browser. The livestream was over though.

Hours later it would play on BBTube. And I presume the stock browser. So it seems maybe the livestream was available on one Google server but not yet on the one that serves the stock browser.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-21 05:38 AM
    On my Passport I no longer can read comments by jumping to the browser version. This was a guilty pleasure of mine.

The solution might be using Kiwi browser instead. Can we default to Kiwi in BBTube when selecting Open in Browser?

Also, wouldn't it be cool to have a BBTube than ran based on Kiwi? That's probably not possible for a native app (?), but Kiwi allows for speed control which is really handy. Just dreaming.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-21 12:43 PM
    I have rediscovered this wonderful app and noticed a new (for me) option to import YT channels. Very useful, many thanks to Alexey.

Just to note that I encounter a bug in Google Takeout.
    If I go directly to takeout.google.com and create new export from there, my subscriptions file contains just one channel.
    In order to get the complete subscriptions file, I have to go through my YT Home page:
    - click avatar in the right upper corner
    - click "Your data in You Tube" in the drop-down list
    - Your YouTube dashboard - Download You Tube data
    - Google Takeout page opens
    - follow import instructions as explained in BBTube or there:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post13561290
    05-22-21 01:31 PM
    It crashes again ((

Posted via CB10
    08-12-21 05:39 AM
    Hi @Akis Tsirogiannis
    Could you be more specific? It does work fine on my device: channels list, search, playing "protected" videos - everything work as expected.
    08-12-21 12:24 PM
    I tried to open this music video on mobile data and it crashed after loading, but now it just works o.o strange! Haha...tried 3 times that day

Posted via CB10
    08-21-21 11:06 AM
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Usual nonsense going on behind the scenes at YouTube / Google.
    I also use MyTube on Windows and these same problems pop up occasionally. Unless you are using the official app or Chrome, expect things to not work properly all the time
    09-04-21 11:48 AM
    I use mobile version of youtube (m.youtube) to read comments. On passport it's really uncomfortable ((

It was a reply th BBFortress on comments on yotube. CB10 app decided not to make a reply correctly, or I misunderstood something ((

Posted via CB10
    09-14-21 05:40 AM
    Hello, Alexey.
    Google changed subscriptions backup format to .csv and inside text formatting itself. Now it is not possible to import subscriptions. Or I'm doing something wrong?
    09-22-21 02:45 PM
    What browser do you use for reading comments on youtube?
    09-26-21 12:54 PM
    What browser do you use for reading comments on youtube?
    Fennec works for comments on Youtube.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-21 02:57 PM
    Hi, thanks for the app

I have a problem, happen in my passport and q10, the video starts for 1 second, then stop for 30sec-1minute and continue without problem

Sometimes the video stop for 20sec-40sec and continue, like is buffering often

But my internet conection is good, same youtube videos in web browser work great
    11-03-21 02:28 PM
    Hi, thanks for the app

I have a problem, happen in my passport and q10, the video starts for 1 second, then stop for 30sec-1minute and continue without problem

Sometimes the video stop for 20sec-40sec and continue, like is buffering often

But my internet conection is good, same youtube videos in web browser work great
    Yes, you're right.
    It seems that YT throttles video stream downloading in a way. It didn't work in this way a year ago, I noticed this issue perhaps half a year ago.
    YT returns the very first chunk of data fast but then, buffering of the rest works extremely slowly.
    If I were to implement a YT downloader than I would apply certain techniques to overcome this issue.
    But the BB10's built-in MediaPlayer component is not that flexible, so I can't adjust the way how it buffers videos.
    11-03-21 02:58 PM
    Yes, you're right.
    It seems that YT throttles video stream downloading in a way. It didn't work in this way a year ago, I noticed this issue perhaps half a year ago.
    YT returns the very first chunk of data fast but then, buffering of the rest works extremely slowly.
    If I were to implement a YT downloader than I would apply certain techniques to overcome this issue.
    But the BB10's built-in MediaPlayer component is not that flexible, so I can't adjust the way how it buffers videos.

thanks a lot for your reply. Understand your reply, thanks

Well, bbtube works fine, just this small problem, A small price to pay!

thanks a lot for your work, hope you can find a way to solve this in a future
    11-03-21 04:40 PM
    Somehow it's VPN that helps me to view videos. Don't know why, but it works.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-21 04:08 PM
547 ... 1819202122