How to export the youtube subscriptions to a file?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-20 12:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    When in the app choose "channels". If you haven't imported before you would come to the " Import channels" page. Press download button, with will automatically import your subscriptions to a file. Put a .txt after the file name and save. Open the text- file copy all of it and paste it into the "paste here" space. Press import button and you are done!

Edit: Ok, sorry, I read "import" but you asked for "export"!
    Last edited by mikael11; 05-19-20 at 02:23 AM.
    Alexey Gurevski likes this.
    05-19-20 01:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Depending what you mean by your question.
    1. If you want to export your subscriptions from YouTube to BBtube then follow the guide on the Import Channels screen inside the app. Mainly, it's simply a download-copy-paste-import flow.
    2. If you want to export channels from BBTube to a text file, then hit the Share Channels actions. The file will be generated and attached to an email/mms/task/etc. or whatever you choose on the share screen.

Import and Share actions can be found in the menu on the Channels page. You can see them on a screenshot attached to the Release post above.

Posted via CB10
    PepikVaio likes this.
    05-19-20 02:09 AM
    Hello developer, thank you for your work. BlackBerry is more exciting because of you. I started using bbtube from version 1.1.1.1 until the recent 1.2.0.2. The progress of the software is very obvious.
    I am an architectural designer and an IT product manager. On the 1.2.0.2 version of BBtube, I put forward the following two opinions:

Small suggestion:

1. The recommended next video display height is not enough: I understand your own classic, so the display of the video playback interface on Q10 is not too problematic (about 1.5 video heights), but the display area on PP is not enough (presumably Only 0.8 heights), it is recommended to have 2 heights on PP, as shown in the figure:
    BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-1985-.jpg

BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-1986-.jpg

2. Set the default playback resolution: Due to the speed of the network, 720P is often stuck here. If it is 480P, it should be just right. It is recommended to set the default open video resolution in the settings instead of modifying it from the playback interface (Because every modification will be played from the beginning, this is also the place I hope to improve: remember the playback position)

3. Set the playback speed: it is best to set the default playback speed in the software settings (for example: 1.5, 2.0), because I mainly subscribe to news channels, then double speed playback is more important to me, after all, time Is money.

4. The homepage search bar gets the updated video of the currently saved channel: Since the software can manually refresh the channel's video list, if the latest unviewed videos of the subscribed channel can be listed on the homepage, it will be more convenient to use, I personally rarely watch Subscribe yourself to videos outside the channel.
    BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-1987-.jpg

5. The search and refresh results are slow: this is also the reason for the fourth suggestion.

Big suggestion:

Since youtube is blocked in some areas (unfortunately, I am in a blocked area), if bbtube can look forward to a higher level, then join the self-use server It will be a feasible solution to break through the blockade and improve access speed. The general idea is as follows, welcome to discuss:

BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-bbtube.png
    Last edited by howarmat; 06-05-20 at 04:47 PM.
    05-19-20 11:41 AM
    Depending what you mean by your question.
    1. If you want to export your subscriptions from YouTube to BBtube then follow the guide on the Import Channels screen inside the app. Mainly, it's simply a download-copy-paste-import flow.
    2. If you want to export channels from BBTube to a text file, then hit the Share Channels actions. The file will be generated and attached to an email/mms/task/etc. or whatever you choose on the share screen.

Import and Share actions can be found in the menu on the Channels page. You can see them on a screenshot attached to the Release post above.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty slick Alexey! I'm impressed, good work!

A question and a comment:

1. Is there an easy way to repeat videos from within BBtube and I'm just missing it?

2. I think I saw earlier in the thread that you said BB10 didn't support WebM format and thus it couldn't allow searching within videos. I'm not 100% on this point as while BB10 doesn't support WebM in Android apps using the runtime I have seen native apps that claim to support this. But in any case I am able to search within YouTube videos using the StereoTube app, which still works to this very day. PM me if this has any relevance to your development plans; if not, feel free to disregard.
    05-20-20 02:24 AM
    1. The recommended next video display height is not enough: I understand your own classic, so the display of the video playback interface on Q10 is not too problematic (about 1.5 video heights), but the display area on PP is not enough (presumably Only 0.8 heights), it is recommended to have 2 heights on PP, as shown in the figure
    Ooops, I didn't know that. You know, the fun part is that in first versions the list was filling almost the entire screen, then I tried to "optimize" it for one-hand usage, but it seems that I didn't consider the PP in a good way. I'll try to implement a more sophisticated adjustment for Passport. In general, I have Z30 and Classic, most of the BB 10 devices are more or less the same, but Passport is totally different, so I'm kind of blind during the development. If you know about other UI issues please let me know.

2. Set the default playback resolution: Due to the speed of the network, 720P is often stuck here. If it is 480P, it should be just right. It is recommended to set the default open video resolution in the settings instead of modifying it from the playback interface (Because every modification will be played from the beginning, this is also the place I hope to improve: remember the playback position)
    As you might know, BBTube supports only so called legacy video formats from YouTube. I haven't ever seen 480p videos in the app, I think the majority of bloggers' videos are either 720p or 360p, music videos (e.g. VEVO channels) are 360p, low-quality videos are normally 240p. But I think it's a valid point to introduce a setting for the default video quality, and if it's not available for a video then go downwards or upwards.
    As for your comment regarding the playback position... it's not accurate. The playback rewinds only if you switch from a video stream to the Audio Only mode. In other cases (e.g. switching between different video qualities or from Audio to Video) the position is kept

3. Set the playback speed: it is best to set the default playback speed in the software settings (for example: 1.5, 2.0), because I mainly subscribe to news channels, then double speed playback is more important to me, after all, time Is money.
    Good point, I'll implement that

4. The homepage search bar gets the updated video of the currently saved channel: Since the software can manually refresh the channel's video list, if the latest unviewed videos of the subscribed channel can be listed on the homepage, it will be more convenient to use, I personally rarely watch Subscribe yourself to videos outside the channel.
    My goal was to make an app's launch and the search page as clean and fast as possible. So for now I don't want to include anything on the Search Page as well as run for updates on the startup. Perhaps at some point the app will have a Browse page where it will show Recommendation, Trending, History, Watch Later videos. For the upcoming release I'm planning to introduce a setting 'Default Tab' (Search, Channels)

5. The search and refresh results are slow: this is also the reason for the fourth suggestion.
    @guizmox proposed a good idea how to improve the performance (to run requests in parallel) so I'm expecting a good performance boost in the next version.

Big suggestion:
    Since youtube is blocked in some areas (unfortunately, I am in a blocked area), if bbtube can look forward to a higher level, then join the self-use server It will be a feasible solution to break through the blockade and improve access speed. The general idea is as follows, welcome to discuss:
    That could be an option if the app had millions of users with a monthly subscription. The service you're asking about requires a lot of time/money resources on development, infrastructure, maintaining, etc. But BBTube was supposed to be an "amateur" project for home usage. No offense, but perhaps you could try other options. At least two options come to my mind:
    1) Use a VPN service if that's possible in your country
    2) Use services like y2mate.com and similar. This won't be a convenient experience but could help you in some cases.
    Last edited by howarmat; 06-05-20 at 04:48 PM.
    05-20-20 03:05 AM
    1. Is there an easy way to repeat videos from within BBtube and I'm just missing it?
    For now, there is no such a feature, but I'll check that

2. I think I saw earlier in the thread that you said BB10 didn't support WebM format and thus it couldn't allow searching within videos. I'm not 100% on this point as while BB10 doesn't support WebM in Android apps using the runtime I have seen native apps that claim to support this. But in any case I am able to search within YouTube videos using the StereoTube app, which still works to this very day. PM me if this has any relevance to your development plans; if not, feel free to disregard.
    Yes, I claimed that webm is not supported on the BB10 platform based on my attempts to play it and on the following page:
    https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...a_support.html

Currently, I use .mp4 streams for videos and .m4a for audio. There is no any issue on fast-forwarding for videos, it doesn't work in the Audio Only mode only. Btw, I didn't know that there is a YouTube app for BB10 that still works. If I knew that I wouldn't implement BBTube I guess
    I can't see StereoTube in the BB World. Is that okay?
    05-20-20 03:21 AM
    For now, there is no such a feature, but I'll check that

Yes, I claimed that webm is not supported on the BB10 platform based on my attempts to play it and on the following page:
    https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...a_support.html

Currently, I use .mp4 streams for videos and .m4a for audio. There is no any issue on fast-forwarding for videos, it doesn't work in the Audio Only mode only. Btw, I didn't know that there is a YouTube app for BB10 that still works. If I knew that I wouldn't implement BBTube I guess
    I can't see StereoTube in the BB World. Is that okay?
    I hear you on WebM. Since BB10 does support VP6, a predecessor to VP8, the codec which underlies WebM, and it absolutely supports OggVorbis, the audio codec component, I can see the possibility. But I haven't tested myself. I find that while documentation is accurate on what things WILL support, sometimes it leaves out things that will work but may not be officially supported.

StereoTube is a paid app unfortunately, so unless you bought it before the conversion to free only in BBW it will not appear. There are a number of efforts afoot to get the .BAR files from developers and there is some progress on StereoTube, but nothing firm yet. I'm kind of glad you didn't know about it since BBTube's a great app and option to have. Keep the native apps coming my friend; there is life in BB10 yet!
    05-20-20 03:26 AM
    Ooops, I didn't know that. You know, the fun part is that in first versions the list was filling almost the entire screen, then I tried to "optimize" it for one-hand usage, but it seems that I didn't consider the PP in a good way. I'll try to implement a more sophisticated adjustment for Passport. In general, I have Z30 and Classic, most of the BB 10 devices are more or less the same, but Passport is totally different, so I'm kind of blind during the development. If you know about other UI issues please let me know.
    Thanks, I will follow up the bbtube display problem on pp in the new version

As for your comment regarding the playback position... it's not accurate. The playback rewinds only if you switch from a video stream to the Audio Only mode. In other cases (e.g. switching between different video qualities or from Audio to Video) the position is kept
    Sorry, I just switched once or twice and found it to start from the beginning, and did not notice these details.

That could be an option if the app had millions of users with a monthly subscription. The service you're asking about requires a lot of time/money resources on development, infrastructure, maintaining, etc. But BBTube was supposed to be an "amateur" project for home usage.
    I also agree that such a function requires a large number of users as the basis
    05-20-20 04:07 AM
    BBtube is now one of the bb10 software I usually use, so I hope that the author can also consider translating it into different language versions of the software. Here I provide the simplified Chinese translation of the visible part on version 1.2.0.2
    Attached Files
    05-20-20 09:12 AM
    BBtube is now one of the bb10 software I usually use, so I hope that the author can also consider translating it into different language versions of the software. Here I provide the simplified Chinese translation of the visible part on version 1.2.0.2
    Hey , I don't think you can expect that. He is doing this on his sparetime as a kind act - don't push it to hard. For my concern it's already better than I could wish for!
    05-20-20 01:55 PM
    Hey , I don't think you can expect that. He is doing this on his sparetime as a kind act - don't push it to hard. For my concern it's already better than I could wish for!
    I second this, localisation isn't worth it if the majority of the users have english in some way.
    05-20-20 05:05 PM
    Thanks for your efforts on translating text labels.
    But there is on fundamental problem (apart from the fact that localization is one of the things I hate the most in software development): a lot of labels are returned by YouTube and I can't control that. For example, things like "streamed 2 hours ago", "premiered 3 weeks ago", "related to your search", filters text, etc. So even if I apply a translation to actions and text I can control the overall translation won't be consistent.
    Basic things like actions, buttons, etc. can be translated but I'm in doubt whether it will look good or bad. I'll put your request to my backlog but with the lowest priority. Perhaps at some point I'll have a look. Sorry about that.
    05-20-20 05:11 PM
    Thanks for your efforts on translating text labels.
    But there is on fundamental problem (apart from the fact that localization is one of the things I hate the most in software development): a lot of labels are returned by YouTube and I can't control that. For example, things like "streamed 2 hours ago", "premiered 3 weeks ago", "related to your search", filters text, etc. So even if I apply a translation to actions and text I can control the overall translation won't be consistent.
    Basic things like actions, buttons, etc. can be translated but I'm in doubt whether it will look good or bad. I'll put your request to my backlog but with the lowest priority. Perhaps at some point I'll have a look. Sorry about that.
    Thanks to @ mikael11 and @patrickjmquinn for their explanations. I also think that there are still developers who are developing software for bb10. It is indeed a touching thing. You let me know that this is a part-time job for developers.
    I also thank the author for including localization in the to-do list. Although I may never add this modification, I think I am a qualified user, so there are some localization-related situations that need to be explained here。
    Attached Thumbnails BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-2024-.jpg  
    Last edited by howarmat; 06-05-20 at 04:50 PM.
    05-20-20 08:43 PM
    I think I am a qualified user, so there are some localization-related situations that need to be explained here
    Interesting, I didn't know that! I live in Belarus and YT shows everything in English to me. Perhaps it somehow considers a device's locale. As for translated buttons in dialogs - that's a BB10/Cascades magic, I also didn't consider that.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-20 11:36 PM
    Hi guys,

You've asked me about donations...
    Please use this link: https://www.paypal.me/NaGMeT
    Two notes: 1. I've heard that there is a text field for comments, just put [BBTube] tag there 2. If you see any checkboxes asking whether you're purchasing something or not - don't check them.
    Thank you.
    Done! Thank you for you work, Alexey!

Probably it would be useful to stick that post at the top of this topic.
    NaGMeT likes this.
    05-22-20 09:17 PM
    Version 1.2.1.1 is out. The new version contains improvements and new features for the Channels page + new settings and features for playback
    Again, bunch of thanks to @guizmox for his advice.

Channels page:
    - Improved the performance of the Refresh action, now it should work lot faster
    - Added a Feed with the latest videos from each channel. 90 days was just a magic number which came to my mind, there was no objective reason to use this specific number, just FYI
    - Added Sorting and Searching

In general, data are retrieved from RSS feeds, so some of the properties are missing, e.g. one can't get a video's duration, determine whether it's a live stream or not, number of views, etc. And don't mix up this search with the one on the Search page. The former is a local search, the latter is the YouTube search (i.e. remote). Besides, it's worth mentioning that feed videos are retrieved on the fly, they are not stored in the app's database, so the 'Feed' option is disabled after launching the app, you must Refresh at least once to get the data.

Other improvements and features requested by the community:
    - Some channels are configured to redirect to another channel, e.g. Ozzy Osbourne. Previously the app was showing the "Channel not found" error while opening such a channel, now it handles redirects properly. @NaGMeT
    - New settings: 'default tab' and 'default video quality' - self-explaining. @ichengfu
    - Increase the height of the list on the Player page showing similar/related videos on Passport. @ichengfu
    - 'Repeat one' option on the Player page. @TrumpetTiger

I also tried to implement a custom speed for videos and videos did play faster or slower but the audio channel was lost. I got a similar error message as for fast-forwarding Audio streams - UNSUPPORTED. One can also reproduce the same issue even in the Browser. Just open a YT video, try to change the speed and you'll see that the audio channel will be lost. Since BBMo is not going to release an update for codecs and system components for playing media any time soon I'm afraid we'll have to live with those issues. And yeah, I've reverted that broken implementation. @ichengfu (and, perhaps, @TrumpetTiger FYI).

Thanks for your feedback!
    Attached Thumbnails BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200523_164603.png   BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200523_165352.png   BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200523_165400.png   BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200523_165407.png   BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200523_165432.png  

BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200523_165502.png  
    Last edited by howarmat; 06-05-20 at 04:49 PM.
    05-23-20 09:27 AM
    @Alexey Gurevski
    Hey really thanks for making such a great youtube client for BB10. When I just thought that there wouldn't be any youtube client for BB10, this thread popped up. I really appreciate your work.
    If it's possible I would like to ask for a feature.
    Would it be possible to implement the comment section of youtube in BBTube?
    If you can, then how would you implement it? Would it be possible to implement it like how you implemented the suggestion panel of a playing video?
    Thanks again for your work.
    05-23-20 02:58 PM
    @Alexey Gurevski Thank you very much for this new version ! Channel loading is now very fast and added tools like sorting are really useful !

Posted via CB10
    05-23-20 04:58 PM
    If it's possible I would like to ask for a feature.
    Would it be possible to implement the comment section of youtube in BBTube?
    I haven't planned to implement anything from the social part of YouTube. To me it's silly to "compete" with YT when it comes to stuff like comments, recommendations, likes, etc. Moreover, it's impossible to implement anything which requires authentication without using YouTube API for developers.
    The comments feature is not that simple. Apart from comments themselves, YT allows you to mention someone, put time codes, post replies to comments and lot more I believe. So the scope can escalate quickly.
    I could only propose you to use the "Open in Browser" option from the video's menu. There you'll find a full-featured comments' implementation. Not that convenient as in-app experience but still something for you. If you asked me why should you use the app then I would say that the app mainly offers improvements to playback: better performance, playing in the background, additional options - consequently, a better battery life. And... the equalizer. Two months ago I couldn't imagine that I would say that but the sound is amazing comparing to my wife's Android phone, especially on Z30 with stereo speakers on board. Thanks to @MeMeCe for requesting that!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by howarmat; 06-05-20 at 04:48 PM.
    05-24-20 01:10 AM
    @Alexey Gurevski
    Is that so... Thanks for your suggestion and for taking time to reply.
    Yeah it's true that Blackberry 10 devices have great sound quality. I'm using a Blackberry q10 and I'm very satisfied with the sound quality.
    If you ever want implement comments section, you can use skytube as a reference.
    Thanks again.
    05-24-20 06:33 AM
    ... for now I'm only planning to work on the YT client and on a OneDrive client ...
    OneDrive please!!! That's indeed one thing I miss for my daily work. Great job so far!
    05-25-20 11:08 AM
    Astrologers proclaim the week of BB10 apps' updates.
    Version 1.2.2.1 is out.
    - Fixed 'Source Unavailable' on videos with cipher signature, e.g. VEVO channels. YouTube has slightly changed a data format, the app wasn't prepared for that.
    - Added support of Closed Captions / Subtitles. Look for CC icon in the overflow menu on the Player View. Or press "C" on a PKB. I don't expect this feature to be frequently used but perhaps someone finds it useful.

This release is kind of urgent due to the issue #1, accidentally noticed it today, it was like a heisenbug to me, perhaps you haven't experienced anything like that.

Thanks for your feedback.
    05-29-20 12:40 PM
    Glad to see caption implementation. The first video that I played showed well the captions, but the second video showed the same caption from the first video. This can be regarded in the next version.

Posted via CB10
    Alexey Gurevski likes this.
    05-30-20 01:17 AM
    Astrologers proclaim the week of BB10 apps' updates.
    Version 1.2.2.1 is out.
    - Fixed 'Source Unavailable' on videos with cipher signature, e.g. VEVO channels. YouTube has slightly changed a data format, the app wasn't prepared for that.
    - Added support of Closed Captions / Subtitles. Look for CC icon in the overflow menu on the Player View. Or press "C" on a PKB. I don't expect this feature to be frequently used but perhaps someone finds it useful.

This release is kind of urgent due to the issue #1, accidentally noticed it today, it was like a heisenbug to me, perhaps you haven't experienced anything like that.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Fantastic work Alexey ! I did have a couple of times the "source unavailable" message. Will try th the new version.
    The last one works incredibly well, and I'm now using it everday, mostly to see new videos from channels I'm following

Posted via CB10
    05-30-20 03:09 AM
547 ... 45678 ...