Hi. My Priv is dying out but I am a stubborn fool and want another one. I can't stand touch screen keyboards and apparently that makes me a dying breed.

I'm looking at getting another one but one of the worse issues I have had to deal with previous ones is the micro USB port developing wear and tear. I want a Priv that supports those wireless touch chargers... you know, the things you can just place the phone on and it charges.

As a Canadian I've heard STV100-1 and 2 support that charging feature, whereas 3 and 4 don't. I've also read that regardless of the model number any Priv sold from Canada or a Canadian telecom provider won't have the feature because it was taken out of Canadan Priv's as a means to keep the cost down.

Can anyone clarify which Priv I should go for and the best place to search for one (take a chance on a used one from Facebook Marketplace, Amazon, etc)

Thanks.
    03-18-20 07:58 PM
    You'll want to go for an STV100-1 model.

However I highly recommend you take this opportunity to move to a KEY2 or LE... or even a KEYone Black Edition
    03-18-20 08:12 PM

However I highly recommend you take this opportunity to move to a KEY2 or LE... or even a KEYone Black Edition
    I’m Chuck Finley69 and I approve this post...
    03-18-20 08:27 PM

Do any of the Key series support wireless charging though? Heh
    03-18-20 08:28 PM
    Do any of the Key series support wireless charging though? Heh
    Unfortunately not, and it was a huge missed opportunity. Especially with the KEY2 and its $649 launch price.

However, like any phone, you can always get an external wireless pad that you plug into the USB-C port and hide it with a case.

I wouldn't really recommend this though, only if you absolutely can't stand plugging a cable to a phone.
    03-18-20 08:39 PM
    Unfortunately not, and it was a huge missed opportunity. Especially with the KEY2 and its $649 launch price.

However, like any phone, you can always get an external wireless pad that you plug into the USB-C port and hide it with a case.

I wouldn't really recommend this though, only if you absolutely can't stand plugging a cable to a phone.
    That seems..... Weird. So you plug a charging coil to your device and then then adhere it to the back of the device? It must look weird with a charging cable always folded back under your phone.

I just thought it would be funny to ask the question when the OP is specifically about wireless charging and you recommend a device that doesn't have that feature.
    03-18-20 09:24 PM
    I just thought it would be funny to ask the question when the OP is specifically about wireless charging and you recommend a device that doesn't have that feature.
    OP is a point where he'd buy another device to replace his aging Priv.

What's wrong with me telling him to use the opportunity to move to a KEY device?

He specifically said he hated typing on glass, and not 4.5" LCD screens.
    03-18-20 09:53 PM
    That seems..... Weird. So you plug a charging coil to your device and then then adhere it to the back of the device? It must look weird with a charging cable always folded back under your phone.

I didn't adhere it but rather sandwiched it between an Amzer TPU case... imperceptable...
    03-18-20 10:35 PM