I’m wondering if someone had similar problem.

I have AT&T version of K1, paid if off and requested an unlock code. Request was approved and I received an unlock code. However, I tried many times and the code is not unlocking my device. Support from AT&T says I have to visit a store, but I doubt they could help there.
    02-25-20 04:49 PM
    I’m wondering if someone had similar problem.

I have AT&T version of K1, paid if off and requested an unlock code. Request was approved and I received an unlock code. However, I tried many times and the code is not unlocking my device. Support from AT&T says I have to visit a store, but I doubt they could help there.
    They are the only ones who can. They are also required by law to do so.

Are you certain you have the PRD-63116-036 ?
    02-25-20 04:51 PM

What is PRD-...?

I know that only AT&T can do it, but I don't have a faith in store workers. Too strange, that over the phone CSR couldn't do anything, just sent me to a store.

My question was mostly about if this is a known problem with BB devices from AT&T, or I am just unlucky.
    02-25-20 05:26 PM
    What is PRD-...?

I know that only AT&T can do it, but I don't have a faith in store workers. Too strange, that over the phone CSR couldn't do anything, just sent me to a store.

My question was mostly about if this is a known problem with BB devices from AT&T, or I am just unlucky.
    Type *#837837# into your phone dialer.
    02-25-20 05:32 PM
    What is PRD-...?

Go to the store and ask for the manager for help. Easy peesee.
    02-25-20 08:02 PM
    PRD in "customer service" app scroll to the bottom entry...
    02-27-20 12:58 PM
    What is PRD-...?

Make sure you got to a corporate store, not an "Authorised Retailer" store. The corporate employees are much better trained in my experience.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    02-27-20 01:37 PM
    PRD in "customer service" app scroll to the bottom entry...
    I don't usually suggest this, as a lot of people don't have that app.
    02-27-20 02:15 PM

Yes, my Key1: BBB100-1, PRD-63116-036
    02-28-20 06:38 AM
    Just received an unlock code from AT&T. instruction state i need a sim card from another carrier to unlock. Can it be unlock without a sim card?
    03-29-20 10:53 AM
    Just received an unlock code from AT&T. instruction state i need a sim card from another carrier to unlock. Can it be unlock without a sim card?
    I don't believe so... every time I have received the unlock code from AT&T I've had to do as instructed and used a SIM from another carrier... Domestic or International.

Maybe you have a friend on a different carrier and you could use theirs?

Bob
    03-29-20 11:00 AM
    Thanks Bob. That is what i thought. Will have to find a sim card than.
    03-29-20 11:04 AM
    This information might be useful for anyone needing to unlock an AT&T KeyONE.

I ran into an unlocking problem a couple months ago. I bought 4 KeyONE and got the unlock codes for all of them through AT&T.

If I remember correctly, I was only able to easily unlock the ones on 7.1 by inserting a non-AT&T SIM and entering the unlock code when it asked for it upon restart.

The ones on 8.0 were giving me a Unlock Unsuccessful error when entering the code. What I had to do was first inserting a non-AT&T SIM card to trigger the "enter unlock code" menu. When asked for the code, I removed the SIM card and inserted an active AT&T SIM card, waited like 30 seconds to get a stable cell signal, then entered the unlock code and unlocking was finally successful. AT&T started cracking down on illegaly obtained unlock codes lately, so apparently unlocking only works if the system detects an active AT&T SIM card.

You don't actually have to be on AT&T. A prepaid AT&T SIM card will work. You can activate it online and just not add any balance to it.
    04-11-20 01:11 AM