Currently running Nova Launcher. What's a quick launcher that doesn't tax the OS so much. Nova has been fine, but wondering if there's something better.
    02-14-20 11:43 AM
    Currently running Nova Launcher. What's a quick launcher that doesn't tax the OS so much. Nova has been fine, but wondering if there's something better.
    Nova was my fav.
    Did also like the Microsoft Launcher & the rest of the MS product line for Android.

Lawnchair Launcher was in beta when I tired it... pretty basic and lightweight.
    02-14-20 11:51 AM
    Thanks...Will take a look at Lawnchair
    02-14-20 01:24 PM
    Thanks...Will take a look at Lawnchair
    Make sure to post your finding... good or bad, it might help someone else.
    02-14-20 02:29 PM
    Just downloaded and set it up. Seems very simplistic. Perfect! Will report back after I've had some time with it.
    02-14-20 07:51 PM
    I use Evie and I forget that it's even there. been using it since my Priv days, when it just felt better to me than all the others.
    02-14-20 09:12 PM
    I use Evie and I forget that it's even there. been using it since my Priv days, when it just felt better to me than all the others.
    Downloaded this one also. Super simple. Not much in the way of being able to customize the look and feel. Also good! Thanks.

This is even simpler than Lawnchair.
    02-15-20 02:22 AM
    So...I ran with Evie for several hours and found it to be...buggy. it made my KEYone lag and hesitate sometimes. I went back to Lawnchair.
    02-15-20 08:16 AM
    Liking Lawnchair very much. Simple...light...effective. Just enough options for customization without getting ridiculous. KEYone BE is running good on it.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-16-20 05:34 PM
    Niagra is also a great lightweight alternative
    02-16-20 09:10 PM
    I like BlackBerry launcher except the lack of backup
    Grungni likes this.
    02-17-20 07:20 AM
    I ran the blackberry launcher on my keyone and now on the key2. I am very satisfied with the launcher on both devices. I don't see any needs to change to a different launcher.
    Grungni and bh7171 like this.
    02-17-20 08:21 AM
    I ran the blackberry launcher on my keyone and now on the key2. I am very satisfied with the launcher on both devices. I don't see any needs to change to a different launcher.
    Some have found the BlackBerry Launcher is sorta taxing on their systems...

Great thing about Android is you have options and can experiment to find what works for you.
    02-17-20 10:49 AM
    I'm still on Lawnchair and I like it. Phone seems to run well on it.
    02-18-20 10:36 AM
    I'm still on Lawnchair and I like it. Phone seems to run well on it.
    Worth giving up the keyboard shortcuts?

The KEYone doesn't even have a speed key so you would really be sacrificing all shortcut possibilities
    02-18-20 10:43 AM
    Worth giving up the keyboard shortcuts?

The KEYone doesn't even have a speed key so you would really be sacrificing all shortcut possibilities
    It's a good question. I never used them...so it's a moot point for me. But if you use them, then I would say stick with the BlackBerry launcher.
    02-18-20 10:49 AM
    I'm a huge fan of the AIO Launcher. The layout and look isn't for everyone but it's perfect for me. I wanted a relatively distraction-free single page launcher that was also unique and nice to look at and it delivers. Surprisingly customizable, too!
    02-19-20 03:03 AM
    I'm a huge fan of the AIO Launcher. The layout and look isn't for everyone but it's perfect for me. I wanted a relatively distraction-free single page launcher that was also unique and nice to look at and it delivers. Surprisingly customizable, too!
    Wow! That is different.
    02-19-20 03:49 PM
    I bought my KEYone specifically for the PKB shortcuts. It's pretty much the only reason I wanted a PKB! So I'll stick to the BlackBerry launcher.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    02-19-20 03:52 PM
    is there a launcher or tool, with which you can toggle the backlights of the keyboard to not always turn on ?
    02-19-20 04:29 PM
    is there a launcher or tool, with which you can toggle the backlights of the keyboard to not always turn on ?
    Settings > Display > Keyboard brightness.
    nimra66 likes this.
    02-19-20 06:49 PM