For the last week my Key2 has been periodically locking up and running slow as death. DTek and Google Play scans come up clean. Restarts and power downs make no difference. I uninstalled everything I've installed since it started with no change. It seems to happen in spurts. Anyone else? Any suggestions?

Unlocked on AT&T network US
    11-20-19 04:24 PM
    I suggest that you make a factory reset and install all from the beginning.
    11-20-19 08:29 PM
    I've never done a reset, but all the Google backup stuff is on. how should I prePaRe for it and what to expect?
    11-20-19 09:57 PM
    I've never done a reset, but all the Google backup stuff is on. how should I prePaRe for it and what to expect?
    When you do the factory reset your phone will erase all data and when you re open it will be as you have received it new.
    Means that you have to restore all data from Google back up but then you will have to enter manually all passwords to your apps ,enter again email accounts .
    Before doing the reset be sure that your contacts are synchronized with one of your mail accounts as well that you have backed up messaging apps like whats app ,Viber etc in order that you can restore again their history.
    The same goes for your photos and password keeper, if you are using it .
    Laura Knotek and Bob80220 like this.
    11-20-19 11:41 PM
    basically like any clean install then. okay thanks.
    11-23-19 03:26 AM
    I have all of my android devices set to automatically restart twice a week which keeps them running great.
    11-23-19 08:44 PM
    I have all of my android devices set to automatically restart twice a week which keeps them running great.
    How did you set that up?
    11-23-19 09:01 PM
    How did you set that up?
    It's my understanding that one requires root to do this.
    11-23-19 10:51 PM
    It's my understanding that one requires root to do this.
    This app will work on the key2 my note 10 has this options built into the settings.
    I reboot all of my devices both Apple and android as far as windows goes I no longer own any windows machines thank god!

11-23-19 11:38 PM
    This app will work on the key2 my note 10 has this options built into the settings.
    I reboot all of my devices both Apple and android as far as windows goes I no longer own any windows machines thank god!
    The description for that app even says root is required.
    11-24-19 03:07 AM
    Enable Developer Options and you can see 'Memory Log' (I think it's called, it will be the first option you see on there) and you can see which Apps/programs are causing lag times - if not luck the 32-sec Restart worked for previously when I experienced lag times
    11-24-19 04:50 AM
    The description for that app even says root is required.
    Works on my key2
    11-24-19 08:19 PM
    Works on my key2
    Cool, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-19 10:33 PM
    For what it's worth, my Key2 also had a few rough days recently - and I noticed some notifications taking 20 mins to alert me! Simple clock widget wasn't even able to keep up with the current time. I did a few reboots, which helped for a few mins - then I was back to being slow again. Just using the Google Play app to install a few app updates took an age too. Thankfully it "fixed itself" and was back to normal a day later - most odd though!
    12-02-19 11:01 PM
    Had this problem on my LE last Sunday. Weird...
    12-02-19 11:15 PM