Bought a Classic, because I'm a glutton for punishment, and can't get any android apps to sideload. Any APK file i try to open never gets past the "processing" stage. Tried for Whatsapp, Google Play and Yalp. I have the phone set to allow non BB apps to be downloaded. What am i doing wrong?
    10-12-19 08:47 AM
    Bought a Classic, because I'm a glutton for punishment, and can't get any android apps to sideload. Any APK file i try to open never gets past the "processing" stage. Tried for Whatsapp, Google Play and Yalp. I have the phone set to allow non BB apps to be downloaded. What am i doing wrong?
    What OS ver is the Classic on? Have you done the standard reboot (power key down for 12 secs or so)?
    10-12-19 09:28 AM
    the OS version is 10.3.3.2129, i have not tried to reboot but will do so now.
    10-12-19 10:30 AM
    Ok the reboot did help with the downloads. Got yalp to install but the search function never finds an app which i believe others have reported the same issue. Did get Whatsapp to load and it works. Would like to get Waze added and working next. Thank you for your help brookie229.
    10-12-19 10:48 AM
    Ok the reboot did help with the downloads. Got yalp to install but the search function never finds an app which i believe others have reported the same issue. Did get Whatsapp to load and it works. Would like to get Waze added and working next. Thank you for your help brookie229.
    You have to use the proper version of Yalp.

https://f-droid.org/repo/com.github....lpstore_46.apk
    10-12-19 11:31 AM
    Would like to get Waze added and working next.
    Try the link for Waze here on this list - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-10-a-1177376/ but be aware that Waze is a BRUTAL resource hog and may not be the best idea for your Classic (imo).
    10-12-19 11:40 AM
    You certainly are a glutton for punishment. Hopefully it was really cheap.
    10-12-19 12:11 PM
    Try the link for Waze here on this list - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-10-a-1177376/ but be aware that Waze is a BRUTAL resource hog and may not be the best idea for your Classic (imo).
    Agree completely with this. Better off using the GMaps mobile website - lightweight and always up-to-date.
    10-12-19 12:11 PM
    lol, paid $75 was the cheapest in the box i could find and needed it quick as the Q10 i had died exactly one year to the day from when i bought in on ebay.
    10-12-19 01:22 PM
    You have to use the proper version of Yalp.

https://f-droid.org/repo/com.github....lpstore_46.apk
    I also think the OS is really coming to EOL now. While I love my Passport and still use it, the OS age is really starting to show now. Apps still work but take much longer. With each update the OS falls father and father behind.

Yes the fun is starting to go away.......................
    10-14-19 08:06 AM