This is nuts. Been over a month typing on the LE and it still stinks. No wonder no BlackBerrys are sold in the states. Foolishness not to have a full screen phone in 2019.
    What a waste of screen space.

Owed all BlackBerry since Storm. If no slab early next year I'm done. Gonna pack BlackBerry up. Hate to but this keyboad is foolish. Remember storm1 had the clicking screen there is a reason the Storm 2 didn't click. Waste of energy having to physicaly push keys. Hard on fingers also and knuckles.

Craziness no full touch screen. BlackBerry will not exist much longer. I think I'm the only one in my state using a BlackBerry.
    09-28-19 06:21 AM
    This is nuts. Been over a month typing on the LE and it still stinks. No wonder no BlackBerrys are sold in the states. Foolishness not to have a full screen phone in 2019.
    What a waste of screen space.

Owed all BlackBerry since Storm. If no slab early next year I'm done. Gonna pack BlackBerry up. Hate to but this keyboad is foolish. Remember storm1 had the clicking screen there is a reason the Storm 2 didn't click. Waste of energy having to physicaly push keys. Hard on fingers also and knuckles.

Craziness no full touch screen. BlackBerry will not exist much longer. I think I'm the only one in my state using a BlackBerry.
    Grungni and Livermore like this.
    09-28-19 06:58 AM
    This is nuts. Been over a month typing on the LE and it still stinks. No wonder no BlackBerrys are sold in the states.
    I'm sure there are plenty of Key² and Key²LE owners here in the States who will disagree with you. I'm one Key²LE owner who loves the physical keyboard.
    09-28-19 07:55 AM
    Get what you want and be happy. I prefer the tactile feedback of a physical keyboard.
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    09-28-19 07:58 AM
    Get what you want and be happy. I prefer the tactile feedback of a physical keyboard.
    Yup. There’s no doubt there’s people that like both.
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    09-28-19 08:23 AM
    I ordered in March a BB Key2 LE and I was surprised how slow the typing experience was. I sent it back... maybe my unit was faulty.
    09-28-19 08:27 AM
    I am fast enough on both (i.e., I can type as fast as I can compose in my head).

I prefer the VKB because I find it more consistent than the PKB for flick to type, which I use for about thirty percent of the words I type.

I used BlackBerry PKBs intensively for a decade between 2004 and 2013, and what I miss about BBOS PKBs is the way that keyboard shortcuts were used extensively by developers on those platforms. If modern mobile apps all used PKB shortcuts, then I would probably prefer a PKB.

I carry both a Z10 and a KEYone, and when I need to do a lot of writing, I grab the Z10, even if I later transfer that text to the KEYone for use in an app.

Often, I even use the VKB ON the KEYone! LOL

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 09-28-19 at 12:20 PM.
    09-28-19 09:32 AM
    After using both for significant periods of time, I have found that I can type faster on a VKB using BlackBerry Keyboard (definitely not as adept with other keyboard software), but still prefer the "feel" of the PKB.

It occurs to me that that my preference is much like an automobile owners preference for driving a standard stick shift versus an automatic. The vast majority of consumers prefer the automatic, but a few diehards (more often than not, old farts like me) prefer the "feel" of the standard - only problem is, just try to find one on a lot in today's world. Sound familiar?
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-28-19 10:52 AM
    After using both for significant periods of time, I have found that I can type faster on a VKB using BlackBerry Keyboard (definitely not as adept with other keyboard software), but still prefer the "feel" of the PKB.

It occurs to me that that my preference is much like an automobile owners preference for driving a standard stick shift versus an automatic. The vast majority of consumers prefer the automatic, but a few diehards (more often than not, old farts like me) prefer the "feel" of the standard - only problem is, just try to find one on a lot in today's world. Sound familiar?
    That doesn't sell phones and keep the brand in business. I can't flick my words on the LE. Stupid not to have that feature in the LE. Half the phone
    09-28-19 05:26 PM
    That doesn't sell phones and keep the brand in business. I can't flick my words on the LE. Stupid not to have that feature in the LE. Half the phone
    That's why it's almost half the price.
    09-28-19 07:09 PM
    Personally, I find it fun/enjoyable to type on the PKB.
    09-28-19 11:56 PM
    A useless rant. You like VKB? Get a high end Samsung or similar?

I have the Motion and love the feel of it, but VKBs are slower and more inaccurate than a PKB because of the feel of the keys for touch typing.
    That's why my main phone is the LE. I'd love to flick but as Conite said, that's the sacrifice for half the price.
    09-29-19 01:16 AM
    If you wanted to flick words you should've bought a Key². I bought the Key²LE with full knowledge that flicking or any other capacitive keyboard feature weren't available. That is the design of the Key²LE.
    09-29-19 05:41 AM
    Well I'm guessing that just like on the BB10 Passport you could just select,tap the word suggestions on the LE . Though on the Passport because it is capacitive touch you could also flick the words (as with the Capacitive Key2...).

I have to laugh that clicking on the storm or pkb's are a waste of energy...is it even measurable? I guessing 1 grain of sugar's worth of energy per week extra....kind of like blinking your eyes.

The tactile feedback of real keys is generally superior in my mind to virtual keys. Hence laptops have not gotten rid of physical keysboards, that plus muscle memory of the fingers finding the keys if far more efficient than a VKB for a laptop.....oh and yeah I'm one of those who loves the feedback and control of a manual clutch over the automatic transmission....but when I'm 80 maybe I'll change my mind then.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-29-19 06:34 AM
    If you wanted to flick words you should've bought a Key². I bought the Key²LE with full knowledge that flicking or any other capacitive keyboard feature weren't available. That is the design of the Key²LE.
    Didn't want to shell out $700 to take a chance to see if it would work on the verizon network. The LE should just have it. Give all those business customers at Verizon half a phone. This way they surly won't love it.

BlackBerry always so smart. Right?
    09-29-19 06:43 AM
    Didn't want to shell out $700 to take a chance to see if it would work on the verizon network. The LE should just have it. Give all those business customers at Verizon half a phone. This way they surly won't love it.

You just don't understand the purpose of the Key²LE. I had the Key² with its problem pkb. Now I have the Key²LE and tapping the wanted suggested word is just as fast or faster than flicking on the Key², but then I knew what I was getting or not getting with the Key²LE so no complaints about what it doesn't have. Eyes wide open. No capacitive keyboard so no flicking. Not too hard to comprehend.
    Byrese likes this.
    09-29-19 07:39 AM
    Well I'm guessing that just like on the BB10 Passport you could just select,tap the word suggestions on the LE . Though on the Passport because it is capacitive touch you could also flick the words (as with the Capacitive Key2...).

I have to laugh that clicking on the storm or pkb's are a waste of energy...is it even measurable? I guessing 1 grain of sugar's worth of energy per week extra....kind of like blinking your eyes.

The tactile feedback of real keys is generally superior in my mind to virtual keys. Hence laptops have not gotten rid of physical keysboards, that plus muscle memory of the fingers finding the keys if far more efficient than a VKB for a laptop.....oh and yeah I'm one of those who loves the feedback and control of a manual clutch over the automatic transmission....but when I'm 80 maybe I'll change my mind then.
    I agree about manual transmission. 49 years ago I earned my driver's license and every car I've had since was manual, except for my present Honda Element. I miss the manual transmission but I love my Element so no complaints.
    09-29-19 07:45 AM
    OP, go buy a slab
    09-29-19 09:29 AM

VZW chose the LE and it feature set. If AT&T offered the LE I would have bought it for the whole lack of capacitive PKB that I don’t use. Most BlackBerry hardware ever purchased especially in the old business user days never had the feature anyway.

The Key2 is supposed to operate with a CDMALESS SIM just fine according to many here. Regardless, all this was in VZW hands and not BBMo as they have zero leverage.
    09-29-19 10:11 AM
    VZW chose the LE and it feature set. If AT&T offered the LE I would have bought it for the whole lack of capacitive PKB that I don’t use. Most BlackBerry hardware ever purchased especially in the old business user days never had the feature anyway.

The Key2 is supposed to operate with a CDMALESS SIM just fine according to many here. Regardless, all this was in VZW hands and not BBMo as they have zero leverage.
    Yeah I didn't really have a use or understand the features of the capacative keys at first glance on BB10. But gradually their advantages slowly revealed themselves to me. For editing nothing compares, deleting words when you change your mind about the exact word to use is awesome, changing a search term as well. Cut and paste fantastic. Scrolling through text or down webpages - just awesome (without accidentally hitting a link)! When I had to use a VKB once in a while (especially non-BlackBerry ones) or even on the otherwise fantastic playbook. I missed those features immediately. But sure relative to just a slab ankle bracelet android or apple, the LE is a small step up giant leap in manual control advantages.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-29-19 03:05 PM
    I never looked at blackberry keyboards in terms of "speed"

I love blackberry physical keys because of the functionality. The way it feels clicking keys. It's just way more soothing to me than virtual keys. Although I type very fast on my physical keys, I'm probably faster with virtual (as it should be) but it's not so drastic that it warrants a decision not to use physical keyboards.
    09-30-19 07:20 AM
    btw I just read the thread starters post...

Why do grown men get frustrated with amazing modern technology because of the slightest occurrence and feel the need to post on a forum of their woes and future divorce from the brand because of their woes? It's hilarious honestly.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    09-30-19 07:23 AM
    also if youve owned every BlackBerry since the Storm you shouldn't throw hissy fits.

the Key2 LE is lightyears better than the Priv. the Priv is an outlier device and it was good, and has the best amoled screen I've seen. but it's literally no where near the LE.

if the LE had AMOLED screen and touch-sensitive keys it would be the GOAT of Berry phones.
    09-30-19 07:27 AM
    The LE is the first unlocked phone I ever purchased and it works just fine on AT&T. I don't think flicking a word is any faster than tapping a word but it might give the user a better feeling/experience. Overall the LE is great phone; is it perfect - of course not -but what is?
    09-30-19 07:40 AM
    also if youve owned every BlackBerry since the Storm you shouldn't throw hissy fits.

the Key2 LE is lightyears better than the Priv. the Priv is an outlier device and it was good, and has the best amoled screen I've seen. but it's literally no where near the LE.

if the LE had AMOLED screen and touch-sensitive keys it would be the GOAT of Berry phones.
    If the LE had a amoled screen and a touch sensitive pkb it would be the Key3.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-30-19 07:40 AM
35 12