BlackBerry should work togehter with TCL and they should make a new deal for the future and build a new device right now

TCL should build this device right now!-blackberry-tcl-2019.jpg
    09-27-19 02:16 PM
    Would you pay the $1000+/- for it?
    09-27-19 02:33 PM
    Remove the keyboard, shrink it down to 4.5 inches, and use mid-range hardware and I'm in!

:-D

Posted with my trusty Z10
    ck2nb, TCM01 and eldricho like this.
    09-27-19 02:45 PM
    You want a 5000 mah battery to cram into virtually the same size and weight as the key2. Oh and more cameras and a 3 size simtool. Hell i dont think $1000 would cover that technological advancement @Bla1ze
    09-27-19 02:49 PM
    Perfect, need world phone though (all the LTE bands)
    09-27-19 02:51 PM
    Would you pay the $1000+/for it?
    Yes today. Assuming the camera produced good snaps.
    09-27-19 03:53 PM
    BlackBerry Should make a new deal with TCL. There are two reason at the moment and that is that TCL build allready a new device but that is only a power up KEY2. But most important is the patent en fee that BlackBerry is asking and where TCL is complaning.

Two parties are gone and TCL is the last one that is still there. BlackBerry must make a compromise and should talk again with TCl about payments ,patents and fees or else it is the end.

The device hardware above is for devices around 400-450 euro and with keyboard and smaller screen 600 euro (including bigger battery) So if BlackBerry wanted some money for patent, software etc. the could ask 250 dollar so you will get a price tag of 800 euro. So BlackBerry could asked lesser maybe to make a new agreement to make these devices little cheaper instead of 250 dollar, maybe 200 dollar?

So BlackBerry and TCL should fight it out and the device is a great example but it could change with a snapdragon 675 and a front 8 Mp camera and so on. Still it should have a 5 or 5,15 inch screen size and android 10 for gesture and swipe and 3 navigation buttons should be in the screen size , the should check out the huawei mate 20 with gesture and swipe and how it works with the 3 naviagion buttons.

I.m happy to pay 700 euro for that kind of device but but I agree with people here 800,900 or even 1000 dollar is a no GO . So I hiope BlackBerry comes with new agreement and save therre legacy in mobile devices
    09-27-19 04:07 PM
    BlackBerry Should make a new deal with TCL. There are two reason at the moment and that is that TCL build allready a new device but that is only a power up KEY2. But most important is the patent en fee that BlackBerry is asking and where TCL is complaning.

Two parties are gone and TCL is the last one that is still there. BlackBerry must make a compromise and should talk again with TCl about payments ,patents and fees or else it is the end.

The device hardware above is for devices around 400-450 euro and with keyboard and smaller screen 600 euro (including bigger battery) So if BlackBerry wanted some money for patent, software etc. the could ask 250 dollar so you will get a price tag of 800 euro. So BlackBerry could asked lesser maybe to make a new agreement to make these devices little cheaper instead of 250 dollar, maybe 200 dollar?

So BlackBerry and TCL should fight it out and the device is a great example but it could change with a snapdragon 675 and a front 8 Mp camera and so on. Still it should have a 5 or 5,15 inch screen size and android 10 for gesture and swipe and 3 navigation buttons should be in the screen size , the should check out the huawei mate 20 with gesture and swipe and how it works with the 3 naviagion buttons.

I.m happy to pay 700 euro for that kind of device but but I agree with people here 800,900 or even 1000 dollar is a no GO . So I hiope BlackBerry comes with new agreement and save therre legacy in mobile devices
    BlackBerry doesn't have to compromise at all. They have more important things to do. They've decided handset licencing isn't worth doing for a penny less, so they probably would rather quit than continue.
    09-27-19 04:20 PM
    Maybe your right but there is also a part that wanted them to see these device on the market.

TCL should build this device right now!-bb-more-screen.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails TCL should build this device right now!-bb-more-screen.jpg  
    MsDarkDiva likes this.
    09-27-19 04:44 PM
    Maybe your right but there is also a part that wanted them to see these device on the market.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB more screen.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	192.7 KB 
ID:	446280
    I don't think that there's any single device that most users want, and that's the problem. Even if 2-3 million people want a BlackBerry phone, they don't all want the same BlackBerry phone! So TCL would need to offer 3-5 phones to sell a total of 2 million devices. Not a great business!

09-27-19 04:49 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't have to compromise at all. They have more important things to do. They've decided handset licencing isn't worth doing for a penny less, so they probably would rather quit than continue.
    I normally don't enter this type of discussions, but, hell, I'm really curious to know what kind of more important things a bankrupt company has to do...
    melhiore likes this.
    09-27-19 05:03 PM
    I normally don't enter this type of discussions, but, hell, I'm really curious to know what kind of more important things a bankrupt company has to do...
    Bankrupt? They may not be profitable at the moment because they are big into investing, but revenue growth is 30% yoy.
    BigAl_BB9900 and BBeast like this.
    09-27-19 05:07 PM
    Which company is bankrupt? I’m looking at BB and it’s nowhere close to bankruptcy, just getting snot kicked out share price wise... TCL isn’t having any problems with share price or balance sheet last time I checked.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-27-19 05:16 PM
    Ok, that's why I made that question. What's BB doing right now? Because it used to be a cellphone company. It is not anymore. Than, I read it would become a software company, and even bought a KeyOne expecting this, just to suffer with terrible support and poor updates policy - I even used to think if BB is a software company than it should have no more than six employees.

What's BB doing right now? My question is not ironic, is a legit one.
    John Albert likes this.
    09-27-19 05:36 PM
    Ok, that's why I made that question. What's BB doing right now? Because it used to be a cellphone company. It is not anymore. Than, I read it would become a software company, and even bought a KeyOne expecting this, just to suffer with terrible support and poor updates policy - I even used to think if BB is a software company than it should have no more than six employees.

What's BB doing right now? My question is not ironic, is a legit one.
    Go to their Web site and you'll see. They offer end point security and communication tools to enterprise customers. They y have a couple of small-scale offerings aimed at consumers.

BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-27-19 05:42 PM
    If it comes with BB10 along with an android 10 sandbox or dual boots bb10 and android oreo or less, i'm fine with that too(android 10 is totally optional). Well except it doesn't have to be so thin, and it should be wider...passport wider, maybe with a slider priv like. 1000 bucks? are you crazy...but capacative touch keyboard is a must.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    09-27-19 07:37 PM
    If it comes with BB10 along with an android 10 sandbox or dual boots bb10 and android oreo or less, i'm fine with that too(android 10 is totally optional). Well except it doesn't have to be so thin, and it should be wider...passport wider, maybe with a slider priv like. 1000 bucks? are you crazy...but capacative touch keyboard is a must.
    You forgot Lithuanian support. Without, it’s a deal breaker for me and I’m not Lithuanian but it just seems unfair
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-27-19 07:39 PM
    You forgot Lithuanian support. Without, it’s a deal breaker for me and I’m not Lithuanian but it just seems unfair
    If Lithuania makes it the official smartphone of all lithuanians and provides the dictionary and translation support teams for free ....then I'm in. I'm sure Lithuanians might be more concerned about Big Brother snooping than others...
    Okay I'll compromise....it doesn't have to have the best camera, nor the fastest soc...bb10 doesn't need that after all.
    09-27-19 07:47 PM
    Well BlackBerry is currently in a deep shiit rightnow to even care about a new handset.
    The stock is heading down to $4 level, which never happened since 17 years ago.
    The company market cap is already below $3 billion. So, this is not the right time for this at all.
    melhiore and so crow like this.
    09-27-19 10:05 PM
    Depends on the camera, keyboard and screen quality, processor.. This device should be around $500-699.
    09-27-19 11:55 PM
    Depends on the camera, keyboard and screen quality, processor.. This device should be around $500-699.
    To achieve that kind of pricing, 5 million devices would have to be component sources and produced. It would be the BB10 failure all over again. That’s why higher pricing with small batch manufacturing has been done. Coupled with licensing costs, here we are constantly. It wouldn’t really matter. There doesn’t appear to be 5 million probable customers for PKB of any single version specs.
    09-28-19 06:14 AM
    To achieve that kind of pricing, 5 million devices would have to be component sources and produced. It would be the BB10 failure all over again. That’s why higher pricing with small batch manufacturing has been done. Coupled with licensing costs, here we are constantly. It wouldn’t really matter. There doesn’t appear to be 5 million probable customers for PKB of any single version specs.
    IDK...for 699 I surely could get a BlackBerry Torch, A DSLR, a notepad, lots of pens, a radio player, an mp3 player, a gameboy,and a voice recorder....with bonus exercise for carrying them all.
    Way more privacy and security than anything being dangled on the Apple Tree or in the Droid army. But I'd settle for a bb10.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-28-19 11:24 AM
    The time is just not right for blackberry and i don’t think the time will ever be right again.
    09-28-19 11:48 AM
    Could have more screen space by getting rid of the navigation buttons and use the new Android 10 gestures... Ah what the heck, why not have them implement BB10 gestures lol.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-28-19 12:10 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB more screen.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	192.7 KB 
ID:	446280
    Can you give us a link to it ?
    09-28-19 01:56 PM
188 123 ...