Hello all!

Is there a working soultion to move my text messages to another bb10 device? I would rather not use a link backup restore, because I would like to start 'fresh' on the new one and exporter does not say a thing about importing. Has anyone done this before?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-19 07:21 AM
    Hello all!

Is there a working soultion to move my text messages to another bb10 device? I would rather not use a link backup restore, because I would like to start 'fresh' on the new one and exporter does not say a thing about importing. Has anyone done this before?

Posted via CB10
    There is an app in BlackBerry World called SMS Backup.
    09-12-19 07:53 AM
    Yep. Used it a lot to transfer all my messages between clean OS updates. Basically the same as going from one device to another.
    09-12-19 08:02 AM
    Thank you, Conite! Doing it right away!

Posted via CB10
    09-12-19 08:06 AM
    Thank you, it's good to hear that this is a reliable solution.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-19 08:06 AM
    Thank you, it's good to hear that this is a reliable solution.

Posted via CB10
    At least until Dec 31st when BlackBerry World shuts down.

After that, we have to hope some developer makes their app available to sideload.
    09-12-19 08:21 AM
    What I have used is an app from BBW called "Device Switch" and here's what it does:

Data transferred

Data that is saved locally on your BlackBerry 10 device can be transferred. Data that is synced with a web-based account isn't transferred. The following types of data can be transferred when you use the Device Switch app:

Contacts info
    Calendar info
    Text messages (SMS)
    Documents
    Pictures
    Videos (non-DRM)
    Music (non-DRM)
    Notes and Tasks from BlackBerry Remember (transferred tasks and notes appear in the Unfiled folder in the Remember app on your new device)

If you switch your media card to your new device, you can transfer the data that is saved on the media card.
    09-12-19 11:47 AM
    What I have used is an app from BBW called "Device Switch" and here's what it does:

Data transferred

Data that is saved locally on your BlackBerry 10 device can be transferred. Data that is synced with a web-based account isn't transferred. The following types of data can be transferred when you use the Device Switch app:

Contacts info
    Calendar info
    Text messages (SMS)
    Documents
    Pictures
    Videos (non-DRM)
    Music (non-DRM)
    Notes and Tasks from BlackBerry Remember (transferred tasks and notes appear in the Unfiled folder in the Remember app on your new device)

If you switch your media card to your new device, you can transfer the data that is saved on the media card.
    Thank you, this solves the how to move my tasks from remember as well

Posted via CB10
    09-13-19 07:07 AM
    Does anyone know the structure and content of the 'misc' folder on bb10? The one next to camera, recordings, documents, etc. In the *home* dir of the user?
    What should I move from there?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-19 07:10 AM
    Does anyone know the structure and content of the 'misc' folder on bb10? The one next to camera, recordings, documents, etc. In the *home* dir of the user?
    What should I move from there?

Posted via CB10
    Hey wbalogh,

That's pretty much everything not otherwise specified in a profile folder--app data, Android-related items, etc. I'd copy/backup the whole folder were I you just in case.
    09-17-19 08:57 PM
    Thanks TT! It's 8gigabytes for me, that's why I asked. Before I clear the classic, I wanna make sure that I don't lose anything.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-19 01:43 AM
    Thanks TT! It's 8gigabytes for me, that's why I asked. Before I clear the classic, I wanna make sure that I don't lose anything.

Posted via CB10
    I hear you wbalogh! Best to double-check and make sure. It might not be a bad idea for you to use Sachesi or Darcy's Blackberry Tools and make a full backup of everything just in case.
    09-27-19 02:49 PM
    I hear you wbalogh! Best to double-check and make sure. It might not be a bad idea for you to use Sachesi or Darcy's Blackberry Tools and make a full backup of everything just in case.
    Never used either, but I think I will try both now, before I nuke the classic. thanks for the help!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 02:09 AM