Hi folks,

I'm trying to get my BlackBerry Classic to communicate with my 2017 Chrysler 300's UConnect system. UConnect requires that I enter a four to six digit pairing code on my phone, but I can't find how to enter this on my phone.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !
    09-09-19 09:18 AM
    Hi folks,

I'm trying to get my BlackBerry Classic to communicate with my 2017 Chrysler 300's UConnect system. UConnect requires that I enter a four to six digit pairing code on my phone, but I can't find how to enter this on my phone.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !
    It appears that Android 6.0 Marshmallow is the minimum system requirement. Your ART is stuck at 4.3 so it’s a no go for the classic
    09-09-19 10:57 AM
    Thanks kindly, Chuck, for confirming this. The odd thing is that it had been working fine up to a week ago. Now, it only chimes to acknowledge the presence of UConnect but it won't make that handshake.
    09-09-19 11:06 AM
    Thanks kindly, Chuck, for confirming this. The odd thing is that it had been working fine up to a week ago. Now, it only chimes to acknowledge the presence of UConnect but it won't make that handshake.
    Did UConnect system in your car update? Also, it could be as simple as UConnect just started blocking lower Android versions as of certain day like 09/01 for example.

Many here think I like to grave dance on BB10, I do, but the reality is that certain applications have become government regulated for safety and security purposes so the providers are forced to implement newer protocols and minimum standards.

Sorry for the bad news. I’ll refrain from grave dancing in this particular thread as cars and new phones are expensive in that order ... good luck
    09-09-19 11:32 AM
    I appreciate the additional feedback. There have been no updates to my UConnect system as far as I know (I may be wrong, but I believe that's something that can only be done by the dealer and not over the air). I ran into this same problem once before, and I'm pretty sure I was able to enter the matching pairing code on my phone to get it to re-link, but no such luck this time around. Thanks again for your assistance.
    09-09-19 11:45 AM
    I appreciate the additional feedback. There have been no updates to my UConnect system as far as I know (I may be wrong, but I believe that's something that can only be done by the dealer and not over the air). I ran into this same problem once before, and I'm pretty sure I was able to enter the matching pairing code on my phone to get it to re-link, but no such luck this time around. Thanks again for your assistance.
    If you are sure that no updates to your UConnect have occurred try one last time with connection. First, remove ALL bt connection in your car. Then, in your Classic go to Settings/Networks and Connections/Bluetooth (turn it on if it's off)/under Devices remove previous pairings with your car by long-pressing the device and selecting "delete". Then reboot your Classic and while sitting in your car try pairing again. If you've done all this just ignore and sorry!
    09-09-19 11:56 AM
    Thanks kindly, brookie229. I'll give this another shot as you suggest, and let you know if I'm successful (I could have missed a critical step).
    09-09-19 12:01 PM
    No luck, I'm afraid. Normally, when I initialise the procedure to "Discover" available Bluetooth devices, my phone identifies "UConnect" in this list (UConnect at this point is waiting for me to enter the supplied pairing number). Now, my phone simply shows several "Private Devices" but nothing by the UConnect name. I confess I'm totally baffled.
    09-09-19 12:27 PM
    No luck, I'm afraid. Normally, when I initialise the procedure to "Discover" available Bluetooth devices, my phone identifies "UConnect" in this list (UConnect at this point is waiting for me to enter the supplied pairing number). Now, my phone simply shows several "Private Devices" but nothing by the UConnect name. I confess I'm totally baffled.
    Sounds like that's the end sorry to say.
    09-09-19 12:29 PM
    I suspect you're right. Thanks again for your assistance.
    09-09-19 12:32 PM
    @TrumpetTiger

Glad to see you made Gotham pre-trial release for BB10 addicts. I’d of posted your bail and such but I don’t want to be an enabler...

brookie229 looked at this but maybe you’re hiding something in the bat cave.
    09-09-19 03:27 PM
    Well, ya know, I'm not hip to the new ways (hugs my Betamax).
    09-09-19 03:33 PM
    @TrumpetTiger

Glad to see you made Gotham pre-trial release for BB10 addicts. I’d of posted your bail and such but I don’t want to be an enabler...

brookie229 looked at this but maybe you’re hiding something in the bat cave.
    Oh Chuckford....it wasn't pre-trial release and lack of bail that kept me, but rather a fierce battle with The Demon's Head.....that's right....Chen al Ghul himself! (He's a tricky one, but I prevailed.)

@HereinHalifax , this is a very odd situation. Generally speaking you don't have to actually enter PINs at all for any type of phone, but rather verify that a supplied PIN is the same for both the car and the phone. This also seems to be the case for UConnect, from the documentation I can find. Are you saying you've had to actually enter numbers on your phone?

Also, just to confirm, have you tried the pairing process with the car started but in park and also with just the electronic system on?
    HereinHalifax likes this.
    09-09-19 03:44 PM
    I can confirm that the engine was running and the vehicle in park. When UConnect asks if I want to pair a phone and I reply "Yes", the next screen asks me to enter a four or six digit pairing code on my phone to complete the process. I'll give this another whirl and let you know how it pans out for us. Thanks.
    09-09-19 03:53 PM
    I can confirm that the engine was running and the vehicle in park. When UConnect asks if I want to pair a phone and I reply "Yes", the next screen asks me to enter a four or six digit pairing code on my phone to complete the process. I'll give this another whirl and let you know how it pans out for us. Thanks.
    Great. If you can take a picture of the UConnect screen when it asks you to enter the code, that would also be helpful in troubleshooting. (You can PM it to me if you don't want to post it here.)

You might also try turning your electrical system (so your radio, etc.) on without starting the engine and seeing if that has any effect.
    09-09-19 04:02 PM
    Good news ! I repeated the same steps you had described and, as before, my phone did not list UConnect as an available partner. However, whilst in the Discovery screen I turned Bluetooth off and then back on and when it regenerated the list, it popped-up and allowed me to continue. Thanks again for your assistance; it's greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails UConnect : Request to Confirm Pairing Code-img_20190909_180148.png  
    09-09-19 04:25 PM
    Good news ! I repeated the same steps you had described and, as before, my phone did not list UConnect as an available partner. However, whilst in the Discovery screen I turned Bluetooth off and then back on and when it regenerated the list, it popped-up and allowed me to continue. Thanks again for your assistance; it's greatly appreciated.
    Excellent! Glad to hear it's working again for you; let me know if you have any further trouble!
    09-09-19 04:27 PM
    I’d already politely recused myself from my official grave dance....watch your back hombre

;-D

Glad your voodoo sorted it out
    @TrumpetTiger
    09-09-19 04:53 PM
    I’d already politely recused myself from my official grave dance....watch your back hombre

;-D

Glad your voodoo sorted it out
    Props where props are due sir...thanks for sending up the Tigersignal so I could assist this humble citizen of Gotham.
    09-09-19 04:56 PM
    My sincere thanks to you both. Doing my part to minimise electronic waste.

[Typed on my DEC Rainbow]
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    09-09-19 05:00 PM
    Glad to hear you have it sorted out. BT, as you have discovered, can be very glitchy/difficult sometimes. My Volkswagon Passat has a 4 digit code (2222) to enter into my Passport and that goes for up to 4 BT devices at any given time.
    09-09-19 05:04 PM