Hi, I am sure this has been asked 1000x before, but somehow the search engine here is not my friend.
    I cannot seem to access any web pages from the built-in browser on my 9900.
    The other data apps (Maps, Pandora) work correctly, as does Mail and even Opera browser, but I cannot hit any pages from the built-in browser. Is this a BIS issue or something else?

TIA

Otaku
    09-08-19 12:53 PM
    That seems like a service book issue. The APN must be set if the other apps are working.

Try reloading the service books:

Go to options > device > advanced system settings > host routing table. Press the BlackBerry button and select "Register Now."
    09-08-19 07:52 PM
    Hi. I tried that and it did not help. Any other ideas? I am really too embarrassed to try calling T-Mobile.
    09-10-19 05:21 PM
    I finally called T-Mo. Went thru first and second level support but did not fix the problem. They offered to escalate it but I declined.
    09-12-19 08:08 AM
    I finally called T-Mo. Went thru first and second level support but did not fix the problem. They offered to escalate it but I declined.
    So what are your next steps? New phone?
    09-12-19 09:27 AM
    This is just my backup/vacation/weekend phone. (My main phone is a Passport)
    I can still browse the web using Opera Mini (or the built-in browser if I have WiFi) so I will just live with it for as long as the Blackberry support lasts. Thanks for asking.
    09-12-19 09:30 AM
    I can still browse the web using Opera Mini (or the built-in browser if I have WiFi) so I will just live with it for as long as the Blackberry support lasts. Thanks for asking.
    Well if you don’t care, that’s your biz. If the escalated support is free, take it since you’ve really paid for it. Good luck
    09-12-19 10:07 AM
    Well that statement clarifies things. Download and install the Anworm service books and your BlackBerry browser should work over cellular too. Here are the instructions: The Bold Explorer

@Chuck Finley69, you appear to have unintentionally brought out the necessary information.
    09-12-19 08:15 PM
    I have a similar experience with BIS on Bell Mobility (Canada) network. There was some kind of connection outage for two days in mid August, neither BB Browser nor Opera Mini would connect to the internet, and it looks like only a partial fix was implemented to resolve this. I have wiped three devices with JL_cmder and installed the new OS on each one of them but the problem persists. It is unusual because it only affects BB Browser and all other apps that depend on BIS connection still work ok:

- BB Browser on BIS: won't connect
    - BB Browser on Wi-Fi: ok
    - BB World: slow on BIS, fast on Wi-Fi
    -----
    - BIS email: ok
    - BB Protect (BIS): ok
    - Google Maps (BIS): ok
    - The Weather Channel (BIS): ok
    -----
    - Opera Mini (Direct TCP): ok
    - The Weather Network (Direct TCP): ok

Escalating to a higher level of tech support seems the only option here. The problem seems to be with the latest service books themselves, there are some bugs in the code which would need to be corrected.

I have briefly tested Anworm's service books mentioned earlier and it looks like they are intended for those who do not have BIS data plan at all. If you install those service books on a device that runs on BIS all BIS dependent apps (including native BB email) will stop working. Also, they need to be reloaded after every reboot as they will be replaced by the original service books. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    otaku2 likes this.
    09-15-19 02:13 PM
    For the record. The problem has now been fixed on Bell Mobility network. BB Browser is working ok and BB World starts fast again (it starts as fast on BIS connection as on WiFi connection).
    Last edited by Lex24; 09-18-19 at 09:01 PM.
    09-18-19 08:03 PM
    For the record. The problem has now been fixed on Bell Mobility network. BB Browser is working ok and BB World starts fast again.
    Thanks for the heads-up. T-Mobile is back also.
    09-18-19 08:36 PM