I dont find in Navfree but it seems there is a Tunisia map in openstreetmap.org available. What file/format I need and where to place the map file(s)? Are there convenient sources available?

Cheers, Mac -Chatter

Posted via CB10
    07-15-19 05:45 AM
    I've tried myself to update Navfree with available up-to-date maps from android navfree without succeeding. I don't remember where it installs. As an alternative try Osmand from BBW (android port). Although the app is some years old (as Navfree), the maps you download are up-to-date . Osmand has some learning curve, but is smooth when you've got to know it. It has Tunisia.

Posted via CB10
    mac-chatter likes this.
    07-15-19 07:52 AM
    THANKS, THANKS, THANKS Mikael11,

After the first try it seems to work perfectly on my Z10. Right on time for my excursion to Tunis tomorrow! Btw. Do I have only 10 downloads in total or just 10 downloaded files at a time?
    (is there any option on CB to 'value' a post?)

Thank-you again from the Tunisia vacationer - Mac-Chatter

Posted via CB10
    07-16-19 06:07 AM
    THANKS, THANKS, THANKS Mikael11,

After the first try it seems to work perfectly on my Z10. Right on time for my excursion to Tunis tomorrow! Btw. Do I have only 10 downloads in total or just 10 downloaded files at a time?
    (is there any option on CB to 'value' a post?)

Thank-you again from the Tunisia vacationer - Mac-Chatter

Posted via CB10
    It's ten in total! Good to hear it worked for you and was in time
    07-16-19 10:56 AM
    It's ten in total! Good to hear it worked for you and was in time
    You can get around that 10 limitation by uninstalling the app and then reinstalling. So if you have used up the 10 map downloads you then have to remove everything and start over. You can also pay for the Pro version of course which gives you unlimited maps, lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-19 01:37 PM
    What's wrong with just buying a bloody map in a shop, on arrival?
    07-16-19 01:46 PM
    What's wrong with just buying a bloody map in a shop, on arrival?
    Guess the turn-by-turn navigation is a little rough around the edges on those.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-19 04:31 PM
    Wow!
    OsmAnd knows all the tiny alleyways within Tunis Medina (oldtown) even within the sheltered bazar/market where you really can get lost as a tourist.

Off Topic
    If you are ever for vacation in Tunisia and even solely to enjoy beach and swimming, please plan for a one day Tunis-Medina old-town and around visit. It is world UN-cultural heritage and definitely worth the effort. - I went there by public train which is/was an adventure by itself.

All the best. Mac-Chatter

Posted via CB10
    mikael11, brookie229 and elfabio80 like this.
    07-18-19 06:43 AM