I have not been able to use the NFC facility on my DTEK 50. If I bring my phone near a paying terminal it does not buzz and I do not get anything on the screen.

The NFC sign is on and any app that I download to test it seems to suggest that everything is working well.

My card is setup on Google Pay as the default and the phone has the latest updates.

I did open up the phone once to change the battery and the charging module and the phone works well in all other sense except the NFC. I can confirm that the NFC pad is not damaged.

Does this sound like a hardware issue or is it more software? Let me know if you need more information.

Many thanks
    05-29-19 03:51 PM
    I have not been able to use the NFC facility on my DTEK 50. If I bring my phone near a paying terminal it does not buzz and I do not get anything on the screen.

The NFC sign is on and any app that I download to test it seems to suggest that everything is working well.

My card is setup on Google Pay as the default and the phone has the latest updates.

I did open up the phone once to change the battery and the charging module and the phone works well in all other sense except the NFC. I can confirm that the NFC pad is not damaged.

Does this sound like a hardware issue or is it more software? Let me know if you need more information.

Many thanks
    I remember when I was using the dtek50 before getting the K2 that if I had the battery 🔋 saver mode on the nfc wouldn't work for payments so maybe that May make a difference with yours. Hope you get it sorted. Just another thought if you have a smart watch maybe try switching the Bluetooth off as another test.
    06-01-19 02:26 AM
    Maybe you damaged two pins that make the contact with a NFC pad on the phone or somehow they don't make a proper contact... open the door again and check

Posted via CB10
    06-01-19 04:17 AM
    Maybe you damaged two pins that make the contact with a NFC pad on the phone or somehow they don't make a proper contact... open the door again and check

Posted via CB10
    Many thanks for the suggestions. I re-opened the back and checked the contact connections. As far as I can see neither of the two connections seem to damaged and the two tiny contacts on the NFC side seem to be good as well. I put the back door on as firmly as possible (in case of any loose contacts issue) and tried using my Yubikey to test the NFC but this did not work.

I am beginning to think this might have seen it days.
    06-02-19 10:10 AM
    Test it again with a simple Web page share between two phones and maybe even do a factory reset... if that doesn't help there's a hardware malfunction then.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-19 06:03 PM