Online instructions tell me to click on options icon, no clue what or where that is. I've clicked on anything and everything I can find, no go. My trash folder is full, having deleted lots of photos, would like to clean it up.
    05-21-19 11:02 AM
    @ARC1

There is no 'trash folder' for the KEYone specifically. Are you referring to the Google Photos app since you mentioned photos? If so, open the Photos app, slide the menu to the right, tap on Trash. Press the 3 dot menu in the top right, select empty trash. Your trash will auto delete after 60 days anyway. If you're not referring to the photos app, then please try to explain further what exactly you're referring to.
    05-21-19 01:18 PM
    No, I despise the Google Photos that invaded my phone without my permission. I have been deleting unwanted photos to free up some space, so when I open the photos using the photo icon, I tap on a photo and the trash can icon is an option. When I tap on the trash can it prompts me asking if I want to move to trash, saying it will be removed from all folders. I removed about 100 photos but it is now saying my device's trash is full. How do I empty the trash? I can still delete photos as it apparently now permanently removes "from device and account"...the option asks if I want to delete permanently. Yes, but I also want to free up the space used by the 100 or so photos I already deleted. I began this venture by trying to save my photos on my laptop - plugged the Keyone into my laptop and followed instructions I found online...it gave me no option on creating a file on my laptop and did not ask me where I wanted to save the photos. It simply said "found 1,076 items" and when I clicked on them downloading began, but after an hour it said it was unsuccessful. Possibly trying to do too many at once? Thanks in advance for your advice!
    05-21-19 02:39 PM
    While I am at it, please advise...is the Key 2 an upgrade? I am a diehard BB Fan, wish I could use a Passport but not possible. To say my Keyone is a disappointment is an understatement, for many reasons. I am looking for a replacement, as my phone is now over a year old, the battery life is about 5 hours, and the back is held on with tape. I do NOT want to give up on BB, wish you guys could come up with another industrial grade unit.
    05-21-19 02:45 PM
    While I am at it, please advise...is the Key 2 an upgrade? I am a diehard BB Fan, wish I could use a Passport but not possible. To say my Keyone is a disappointment is an understatement, for many reasons. I am looking for a replacement, as my phone is now over a year old, the battery life is about 5 hours, and the back is held on with tape. I do NOT want to give up on BB, wish you guys could come up with another industrial grade unit.
    "You guys" ?

My 2 year old KEYᵒⁿᵉ still gets all day on a charge - not sure what's going on with yours.

The KEY series are tanks compared to all the fragile pieces of glass out there.

The KEY² is certainly an upgrade - keyboard is 20% bigger, it has more memory, and a faster SoC.

But it seems your issue is really with Android - not so much the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    05-21-19 03:04 PM
    No, I despise the Google Photos that invaded my phone without my permission. I have been deleting unwanted photos to free up some space, so when I open the photos using the photo icon, I tap on a photo and the trash can icon is an option. When I tap on the trash can it prompts me asking if I want to move to trash, saying it will be removed from all folders. I removed about 100 photos but it is now saying my device's trash is full. How do I empty the trash?
    I gave you the instructions for that.

If so, open the Photos app, slide the menu to the right, tap on Trash. Press the 3 dot menu in the top right, select empty trash.
    Once you empty the trash the files are gone. I dunno what you did with the other 100 photos you say you deleted but if you gave the permission for them to be deleted, they're either still in your trash, in which case empty your trash or they're already deleted and that space is free.

Worst case, and since you hate Google Photos so much, just use the Files app to delete your photos from now or use a different photos app for management. There's no requirement to use Google Photos.
    05-21-19 03:41 PM
    If you are a Windows/PC user with Windows 10 you can also install One Drive and save 1TB of data and photos there OR if you are an Amazon Prime member can also save your photos with Amazon photos app and then delete off your mobile device.
    *However in using One Drive as well I find Google Photos to be an excellent cloud based source of saving photos and clearing space.

Lastly go buy a 128 or greater SD and save them there. OR spend a ton on an iPhone with 256 or so GB. Apple only gives users 5GB cloud storage/device.

Pretty easy to clean up photos in one or more manners you prefer. Any and all mobile devices pretty much handle the same way.
    05-21-19 04:16 PM