I've started noticing that most of the times when my phone slows to a crawl, it is usually when I am opening Chrome or Google Maps. I have downloaded Maps Go to help with the latter, but haven't settled on an alternative solution for the former. Is there a well regarded Chrome alternative that folks with KEYones have enjoyed using? If there are any with a desktop version to sync accounts and history, that is even better.

Thanks.
    04-15-19 12:51 PM
    I've started noticing that most of the times when my phone slows to a crawl, it is usually when I am opening Chrome or Google Maps. I have downloaded Maps Go to help with the latter, but haven't settled on an alternative solution for the former. Is there a well regarded Chrome alternative that folks with KEYones have enjoyed using? If there are any with a desktop version to sync accounts and history, that is even better.

Thanks.
    I use Edge as I"m heavily invested in Microsoft products... I have used Firefox and Firefox focus which are both good... The Samsung browser is also one to try...
    04-15-19 02:55 PM
    I use Opera. Works well for me.
    04-15-19 03:02 PM
    I run several. For basic searching Firefox focus with duck duck go set as the search engine.

For the default browser i use Kiwi. Kiwi has a great dark mode, can set the URL at the bottom and has a pull down toggle for access with larger screens.
    04-15-19 03:11 PM
    opera with built in VPN can't get better than that
    04-15-19 03:46 PM
    https://thebestvpn.com/reviews/opera-vpn/

I wouldn't be inclined to trust a free VPN.

I recommend using Tor browser. If a website blocks tor, then I use Firefox with a paid VPN which I think is safe. (Tor browser is based on Firefox).

With both Tor and Firefox, use privacy increasing extensions like Privacy Badger and Ublock Origin.
    04-15-19 05:45 PM
    Samsung Browser is exceptional
    04-15-19 07:46 PM
    Samsung Browser is exceptional
    Am I missing something here downloaded the Samsung Browser and opened it and it's Goggle Browser, which I am trying to stay away from, tks
    04-17-19 06:03 PM
    DuckDuckGo is super
    elfabio80 and Kushite like this.
    04-17-19 06:09 PM
    Brave browser for the WIN!
    minttea1 likes this.
    04-17-19 06:13 PM
    I used to use Firefox because it syncs reasonably well with Windows and Linux. But there was another "which browser" thread a few weeks ago that turned me on to Firefox Focus.

It's awesome for 95% of browsing. Fast, simple, limited ads, no tracking. Really nice. For the rare occasions that I want stored history, or cookies (for authenticated sites), I'll fire up full fledged Firefox.
    04-17-19 09:33 PM
    I personally use Firefox Focus if not using Chrome or regular Firefox browsers...

I’m Chuck Finley and I approve this message.
    Praganad likes this.
    04-17-19 10:39 PM
    I use Microsoft Edge on my K1 BE and it works great.
    04-18-19 12:16 PM
    Firefox Focus is a great option if users may not want to deal with about:config mods and privacy extensions, but when it comes to blocking trackers it isn't as powerful as Firefox with those mods.

Focus will let through many trackers which the privacy extensions on Firefox or Tor will catch.

For example, on Youtube, Focus doesn't block any trackers, but on Firefox with extensions the count will typically get into the hundreds - plus you can block the ads.

Focus only displays the count of trackers it blocks, but not what those trackers are. (So I'm using Netguard to determine which trackers are still being permitted)

And even if you go into the Focus settings and turn off diagnostics, I found it still trying to contact incoming.telemetry.mozilla.org, even when I wasn't using the app and it was completely closed.

It also contacts app.adjust.com for analytics.
    04-19-19 08:11 AM
    I use Microsoft Edge on my K1 BE and it works great.
    Just to be aware:

Microsoft Edge uses the following trackers:
    Adjust, Braze, Google Analytics, Google Firebase Analytics, and HockeyApp.

Upon start, the browser contacts:
    vortex.data.microsoft.com
    app.adjust.com
    settings.data.microsoft.com
    dev.appboy.com

Even with Usage and Crash Reports setting turned off, it still contacts:
    vortex.data.microsoft.com
    dev.appboy.com
    app.adjust.com

The default home page contains about 15 trackers also, including pixel tags.

And there is no capability to block trackers.
    04-19-19 08:32 AM
    Yes you can... opera is quite a browser but has some foibles... but the included VPN is limited in functionality...

That said, I have 2 on... Firefox for the few times a site won't load in chrome, and ducksuckgo as another backup which now has a nice auto-purge feature just enabled...
    04-19-19 01:56 PM
    Brave.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    04-19-19 04:57 PM
    Keyboard Browser is great for Blackberry phones.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bbrowser&hl=en
    04-20-19 06:24 AM
    Keyboard browser! It is a simple bare-bones browser with full keyboard shortcuts. Exactly like the BB10 browser. Well worth the small one-time cost.
    04-24-19 08:49 AM
    Keyboard Browser is a reliable choice if you are looking for a BB10 feel on your KeyOne.
    04-24-19 12:45 PM
    Am I missing something here downloaded the Samsung Browser and opened it and it's Goggle Browser, which I am trying to stay away from, tks
    Simply change your home page
    04-24-19 12:59 PM
    I personally use Firefox Focus if not using Chrome or regular Firefox browsers...

I’m Chuck Finley and I approve this message.
    Ditto😎
    04-26-19 06:14 AM
    I use Naver Whale.. probably be only non-korean guy using naver products
    04-26-19 08:30 AM
    there is a small browser called Via on Google play give that a look. it's pretty good built in blocker and only a small file
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-26-19 12:34 PM
    Opera I find decent
    04-26-19 09:15 PM