I was thinking to change my battery of 2500mh to a battery of 3000mh on my BlackBerry Classic. I want to know if anyone tried it and if it work?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-19 05:09 AM
    Where are you getting the larger capacity battery?

The problem is the capacity will to a certain extent be governed by the physical size of the battery and I guess BlackBerry shoe horned the biggest capacity into the space available.

The battery you are looking at may be advertised as 3000mah but in reality may be the same as the original or less if it's an inferior battery.

If you do make the change let us know if it's better than the original was when it was new, a little difficult to do the comparison as I guess you have changed things on the phone, like updating the OS and running different apps etc.

Posted via CB10 using my P'9982 running 10.3.3.3216
    brookie229 likes this.
    04-08-19 07:45 AM
    The battery you are looking at may be advertised as 3000mah but in reality may be the same as the original or less if it's an inferior battery.
    ^^^^^Exactly. The battery does NOT have a 3000 maH capacity.
    04-08-19 08:56 AM
    ^^^^^Exactly. The battery does NOT have a 3000 maH capacity.
    Yes, i know, but probably there is someone who build a battery of that capacity, i'll search for it on the internet and see if it can work because 2500mah is not enough for me. I'm tired to charge it every night

Posted via CB10
    04-08-19 09:33 AM
    I'm tired to charge it every night
    Even if you could get a 3000 in your Classic the extra 500 would not make much of a difference. I think you will have to get used to charging overnight. Just a fact of life these days with all the stuff going on in these devices.

If you were to check out batteries for the Z10 in e-bay, you can see that there are some "oversize" batteries but they involve a modified back panel that bulges out to accommodate the thicker battery. I'm pretty sure that your Classic does not have such a solution but if it did, you would definitely be holding a much thicker phone in your hand.
    04-08-19 09:55 AM
    Yes, i know, but probably there is someone who build a battery of that capacity, i'll search for it on the internet and see if it can work because 2500mah is not enough for me. I'm tired to charge it every night

Posted via CB10
    You can look, but you won't find a reputable supplier. Physical size is still a limitation on Li-ion batteries all these years later.

Anyone claiming higher capacity in the same sized package is a con, and you'd be throwing your money away at something that is likely highly inferior fake, and worse, probably dangerous (think "pocket explosion").

Want higher capacity? Gotta get a physically bigger battery. Then you need a replacement back cover with the hump in it to fit around the thicker battery.

Assuming anyone makes such a thing.

There used to be such battery "kits", for some BlackBerry phones - I think there was one for the Z10 - but I don't know if any are still made today.
    app_Developer likes this.
    04-08-19 10:02 AM
    There used to be such battery "kits", for some BlackBerry phones - I think there was one for the Z10 - but I don't know if any are still made today.
    Yes.........see post #5 .

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...wAAOSw-itXwg38
    04-08-19 10:49 AM
    There is HSA battery made by Chinese and it's 2900 mAh. I installed it in my mom's Classic and it really better than the original was back then...
    Wouldn't know is it real 2900, but sure feels higher capacity then the original was. I'd give it a go in your place...

Posted via CB10
    04-08-19 12:00 PM
    I would just go with a brand new OEM battery, but chances are, it would have been sitting in a shelf these past couple years so won't be as good as when it was made, but still better than a worn out one.

Either way, if toy run Android apps on your Classic, chances are the battery life will be pretty terrible
    04-08-19 12:48 PM
    Reducing Android apps on your BB10 phone will add a bit more life to your battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-19 06:24 PM
    I would just go with a brand new OEM battery, but chances are, it would have been sitting in a shelf these past couple years so won't be as good as when it was made, but still better than a worn out one.

Either way, if toy run Android apps on your Classic, chances are the battery life will be pretty terrible
    A case where a higher quality battery might be better than some generic battery that sometimes tend to not last as long as the OEM ones.
    04-09-19 07:34 AM
    I was thinking to change my battery of 2500mh to a battery of 3000mh on my BlackBerry Classic. I want to know if anyone tried it and if it work?

Posted via CB10
    Lol throw the classic where it belongs..the trash
    05-07-19 05:52 PM
    Lol throw the classic where it belongs..the trash
    Don't be silly lol...

... throw it to someone that hates the new era of social media dominance lol
    excollier likes this.
    05-07-19 07:02 PM
    Don't be silly lol...

... throw it (AT) someone that hates the new era of social media dominance lol
    Fixed it for you
    05-07-19 08:26 PM
    It was right the first time
    05-15-19 02:20 AM