I've been searching for any app for my Blackberry Passport that would allow me to communicate like whatsapp or Facebook messenger. I can't use BBM because my BB ID is not compatible with it, due to it being registered for BBM Android. I haven't yet tried the whatsapp fix but I was wondering if there was any way I could instant message from my passport to other android/ios devices.
    03-24-19 01:37 PM
    I've been searching for any app for my Blackberry Passport that would allow me to communicate like whatsapp or Facebook messenger. I can't use BBM because my BB ID is not compatible with it, due to it being registered for BBM Android. I haven't yet tried the whatsapp fix but I was wondering if there was any way I could instant message from my passport to other android/ios devices.
    I believe WhatsApp (I don't use), Signal (I don't use) and Telegram (works well for me) all still work reasonably well. Telegram is the only one I use anymore on my Passport. BBM (for me) is history even though I liked it best.
    03-24-19 01:49 PM
    This is a free application in the blackberry world store which basically a "what's app" application. It's a slightly older version but it works none the less. And if you don't have the Google play store, you can download it on your blackberry OS10 device here:
    https://blackberryhelp.com/install-g...to-blackberry/
    03-24-19 01:55 PM
    Threema (amazon app store version) is very good. Check all information at threema.ch

Posted via CB10
    03-24-19 01:55 PM
    ^ the free application is called "Viber"
    03-24-19 01:56 PM
    You can set up a new ID for BBM on your BB10, although you'll have to factory reset the device before.

You can also use Facebook Messenger Lite on BB10, works fine and gets simple Android notifications (bell icon on Hub): https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebo...essenger-lite/

Last I looked, WhatsApp should still be working with WhatsFixer from BBW; for how long, is anyone's guess.
    03-24-19 01:57 PM
    TelegramX (telegram cliant) is best for its reliability.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-19 07:39 AM