Maybe some hope from Android Q with the new Notification Assistant service? https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019...ts-and-more/3/
    Should stop the Hub from having to duplicate notifications.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    04-08-19 01:37 AM
    I am trying to reply to an earlier post suggesting we roll back Hub services to an earlier version:

I tried it and ran into problems. Scroll down to my post on this page: https://forums.crackberry.com/ask-qu...y-hub-1167668/
    04-08-19 03:00 PM
    Did you grant the necessary permissions to BlackBerry Hub+ Services? If not, please do so on your K1 and test.
    I've granted all permissions I can find to grant. I see nothing about granting access to notifications or whatever another post said to do to get the SMS texts back to the HUB. For me, as someone who has always insisted on having a Blackberry since I ever got a phone, this makes HUB useless to me. There is nothing much of Blackberry left except the physical keyboard. If I click on any type of SMS, whatsapp, Facebook msg shown in the HUB, it only opens that app, not the conversation I clicked on. I can open every application by myself without having to scroll to a message in the HUB to do it. USELESS!
    04-17-19 05:07 PM
    I'll probably be getting a Key2 soon. What is the most-recent version of Hub+ Services that still bumps sent text messages to the top?
    06-07-19 11:11 PM
    I'll probably be getting a Key2 soon. What is the most-recent version of Hub+ Services that still bumps sent text messages to the top?
    If you get a 2018 build the device is likely to ship with a version that still support it. If you won't update to the latest version you should be good to go though you will be missing some other bug fixes that could be a pain.

I have no clue what was the last version before the change.
    06-07-19 11:21 PM
    But I could download the February 2019 apk from apkmirror or soemthing like that, right?
    06-08-19 04:57 PM
    But I could download the February 2019 apk from apkmirror or soemthing like that, right?
    Theoretically yes though I personally have no experience with that.
    06-08-19 05:29 PM
    maybe I am not understanding how sms is no longer accessible in the hub. I purposefully did not update the BlackBerry apps on my Pixel 2 to avoid losing text messages in the hub, but I ended having to update today due to errors happening. Received text messages are still populating in the hub.
    06-11-19 05:45 PM
    maybe I am not understanding how sms is no longer accessible in the hub. I purposefully did not update the BlackBerry apps on my Pixel 2 to avoid losing text messages in the hub, but I ended having to update today due to errors happening. Received text messages are still populating in the hub.
    You have Incoming SMS showing up in Hub but not Outgoing.
    VictorRight likes this.
    06-11-19 05:57 PM
    I see that. Thank you for pointing that out. I'm fine with just recieved messages. It's better than nothing.
    06-11-19 06:00 PM
    I've got version 2.1902.0.54246 running, which was the last version before the SMS change. Works great. I just need to make sure I never accidentally hit Update.
    06-12-19 06:22 PM
    Not working on my K1
    06-20-19 03:48 PM
    I have no notification of incoming sms messages on my K1, not even an indicator light and nothing on the hub.
    06-20-19 03:52 PM
    Hi there!

Without going the sarcastic route I want to add to the discussion for all you dinosaurs (like me) who already have been there - done that.

From the Z30 to the Priv to eventually a generic Sony android. PRIV was the certificate of death of the Blackberry as a phonemaker as far as i am concerned.

But hey, as long as we have the Blackberry screen loader, Hub+ and all that BS we are fine. Got my Sony running (much better!) like the PRIV after her death.

Sure, Blackberry only offers these functions add-free for a small fee. Fine! As long as the apps work right...

For some unknown reason the last Hub+ inbox sh went sauer real quick. No more SMS messages in the HUB screen, no call logs, only mail.

Yes there are people who have multiple e-mail accounts on ther phones, and yes it has proven to be quite handy to have the call log in your "Hub-timeline".

Don't like the new INBOX app, just like me, well then get rid of it.
    You have to delete first, otherwise the installation will not succeed.
    Delete Blackberry services.
    Delete Blackberry INBOX. (yes all your mails will be deleted, assuming you use IMAP youre fine)

Got to apkmirror, browse for Hub+
    Manually download the 2019 Februari version of the Hub
    Manually donwload the 2019 Februari version of Blackberry Services

Install the Hub apk first.
    Open it, you get a screen asking for the download of Services. Cancel this screen.
    Install the Services app afterwards.

Open Hub.
    Bob's the husband of your ant.

Go to the GP store, browse to my apps, and tipp the three points for each app and uncheck the "update this app automaticly" box.

At least untill sh hits the fan again we can still enjoy good-old-hub on every Android device.
    Munchkinguy likes this.
    06-25-19 03:05 AM
    Maybe this will help someone - I just started using a Key2LE - which worked fine until it updated - at which point the SMS messages stopped appearing on the Hub. I tried some of the things I found on the web - with no luck. Then - while troubleshooting a different issue, I went into the Hub settings - under Display - and turned off the conversation view - and now my SMS messages are working on the Hub again. I offer no warranties...
    canijusa likes this.
    07-10-19 07:02 PM
    Hi there!

Without going the sarcastic route I want to add to the discussion for all you dinosaurs (like me) who already have been there - done that.

From the Z30 to the Priv to eventually a generic Sony android. PRIV was the certificate of death of the Blackberry as a phonemaker as far as i am concerned.

But hey, as long as we have the Blackberry screen loader, Hub+ and all that BS we are fine. Got my Sony running (much better!) like the PRIV after her death.

Sure, Blackberry only offers these functions add-free for a small fee. Fine! As long as the apps work right...

For some unknown reason the last Hub+ inbox sh went sauer real quick. No more SMS messages in the HUB screen, no call logs, only mail.

Yes there are people who have multiple e-mail accounts on ther phones, and yes it has proven to be quite handy to have the call log in your "Hub-timeline".

Don't like the new INBOX app, just like me, well then get rid of it.
    You have to delete first, otherwise the installation will not succeed.
    Delete Blackberry services.
    Delete Blackberry INBOX. (yes all your mails will be deleted, assuming you use IMAP youre fine)

Got to apkmirror, browse for Hub+
    Manually download the 2019 Februari version of the Hub
    Manually donwload the 2019 Februari version of Blackberry Services

Install the Hub apk first.
    Open it, you get a screen asking for the download of Services. Cancel this screen.
    Install the Services app afterwards.

Open Hub.
    Bob's the husband of your ant.

Go to the GP store, browse to my apps, and tipp the three points for each app and uncheck the "update this app automaticly" box.

At least untill sh hits the fan again we can still enjoy good-old-hub on every Android device.

What was wrong with the inbox that you rolled it back? Is it just hub +services that affects outgoing text messages or the inbox also?
    07-26-19 09:51 PM
    Maybe this will help someone - I just started using a Key2LE - which worked fine until it updated - at which point the SMS messages stopped appearing on the Hub. I tried some of the things I found on the web - with no luck. Then - while troubleshooting a different issue, I went into the Hub settings - under Display - and turned off the conversation view - and now my SMS messages are working on the Hub again. I offer no warranties...
    For outgoing text or just incoming?
    07-26-19 09:52 PM
    Hi, this rollback brings back the phonelog (incoming and outgoin calls) to the hub. For me, this also fixed the sms not showing in hub.

As for which service affects what I am not sure. I do know that you need both to rollback the hub.

Cheers
    07-26-19 11:39 PM
    I use Signal for controlling my sms. Signal sms message show up in the Hub.
    07-28-19 10:36 AM
    Downgraded to Dezember-Versions like described.

Also the Contact and Calender-Apps because they didn't work with the december hub-service. But now, i'm facing this issue again:

https://forums.crackberry.com/genera...error-1172041/

Looking forward to any suggestions - thx in advance.
    07-29-19 02:50 AM
    Downgraded to Dezember-Versions like described.

Also the Contact and Calender-Apps because they didn't work with the december hub-service. But now, i'm facing this issue again:

https://forums.crackberry.com/genera...error-1172041/

Looking forward to any suggestions - thx in advance.
    Use BlackBerry Hub+ Services 1.6.2.53586 with the last Hub update and you should be good, that what I use there to avoid the Google restrictions and the WebView bug.

You can find that BlackBerry Hub services version on Apkmirror...
    07-29-19 08:23 AM
    That's it - perfect - thank you!
    07-29-19 02:15 PM
    That's it - perfect - thank you!
    Okay now make sure you disable auto-update for Hub+ Services or you will lose it again.
    07-29-19 04:35 PM
    This text issue really sucks. I have been using the Hub since my work place phased out BB's. Phone log is fine. I switched to the Textra app (based on forum comments) from the native Samsung text app, which works (just for incoming text). This is fine for now...
    otaku2 likes this.
    08-22-19 06:59 AM
    Any updates that this is still working for you - - in that you see both new/incoming, as well as old/sent/outgoing texts? And which version of the Hub is installed please? Thank you for any info...
    10-07-19 12:34 PM
378 ... 13141516