I dropped my Classic on the sidewalk. Worked but then when I tried to replace the shattered screen it would not power up. My local expert could not resuscitate it either. I have about 300 photos on it; can those be recovered? If so, by whom? Thanks.
    02-12-19 10:02 AM
    With no power going to it, you're out of luck.
    02-12-19 11:04 AM
    Thank you, Bla1sze. I suspected as such. Sigh. Loved that Classic.
    02-12-19 11:06 AM
    If the photos were stored in the Classic's memory card, yup, still possible to recover them.
    02-12-19 11:08 AM
    Thank you, Bla1sze. I suspected as such. Sigh. Loved that Classic.
    Hey David,

When you say it worked I assume it powered up after you dropped it, so was it just after the screen replacement that there was no power? Also, are you sure that there was no actual power flowing to the device rather than just a display issue with the new screen?
    02-12-19 02:39 PM
    Oh, yes, it worked fine with the shattered glass. The screen protector kept it in one piece, you see. So I came to Crackberry, saw that I could do the repair myself, and tried, but could not get it to power up once I put it back together. Took it to the local repair guy and he could not either. So it is kind of in pieces now. Honestly, the 300 pictures are mostly cats and plants and a couple of landscapes. Nothing real important, but I am/was hopeful I could retrieve them. Thanks for your interest.
    02-12-19 03:28 PM
    Hi, Johnny B. I assume they were stored on the memory card. Any suggestions on whom could retrieve those for me? Thanks.
    02-12-19 03:34 PM
    won't your pictures be on a memory card ?
    02-12-19 03:34 PM
    Hi, Johnny B. I assume they were stored on the memory card. Any suggestions on whom could retrieve those for me? Thanks.
    Just take the sd card out of your classic and view it on your PC using the correct adapter. Pretty simple unless I'm missing something.
    02-12-19 04:59 PM
    Further info on brookie's post David: you would want a micro SD card USB card reader. (If you have another working phone or device that takes the same type of card, you could also put the card in that phone and do it that way.)

Link to Anker micro SD card reader (about $10):

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Portabl...UvbUpU13347338
    02-12-19 06:18 PM
    Very easy to do it yourself. Just take out the memory card, then either insert it in another phone, or use a USB memory card reader and plug it in your pc/laptop.
    How to remove memory card from Classic...
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 02-12-19 at 09:21 PM.
    02-12-19 06:58 PM
    Thank you very much. I will give that a go today. Cheers.
    02-13-19 08:29 AM
    The only problem you have is if you encrypted the card through the device. If that is the case, you may not be able to retrieve it. Any chance you saved some to a Cloud service?
    02-13-19 03:07 PM
    Most of the MicroSD cards come with a card adapter so that they can be read through a normal SD card reader (and not have to purchase a new microSD card reader). Just making sure you were aware before having to spend money you may not need to.

Further info on brookie's post David: you would want a micro SD card USB card reader. (If you have another working phone or device that takes the same type of card, you could also put the card in that phone and do it that way.)

Link to Anker micro SD card reader (about $10):

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Portabl...UvbUpU13347747
    02-13-19 03:20 PM
    There's a lesson here for any prospective DIY'er -- don't dismantle your phone before blacking up any data that you want to keep.
    02-13-19 04:03 PM