My phone is blackberry z30
    not sure what its operating on
    Verizon carrier
    tried: reset, shut down and power up, soft reset, BB link reload(factory reset)

My phone randomly stops working and atleast the settings, internet, weather do not update or work. I get a message (not sure if related) that says its from Blackberry ID
    "one or more applications/services require you to very" and preview cuts off there. I can't open message sometimes and now it has opened but again goes to just black screen when I hit open.
    When this happened last, only thing that worked was reloading it on BlackBerry link. Now I can't even do that. When I go to BB link it says phone is disconnected even though phone says it is connected. And when I press reload device software it says, "there was an error updating your software" Underneath title it says, "A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again."

Thank you for your help everyone.
    01-28-19 01:38 PM
    What OS is your computer on?
    01-28-19 02:37 PM
    Windows XP 64 bit
    Sorry couldn't figure out how to get back to post im new.
    01-28-19 04:39 PM
    Should also say the phone stops working randomly and those things are at least what happens. The phone is always moving(swiping and clicking) just not opening and loading internet shall we say.
    01-28-19 04:41 PM
    Sorry also the internet seems to be connected but the pages won't load. (just to be more specific) I can't check because nothing opens related to that, that I know of, and I have bars on top right corner if that means internet. (if not, then I don't know)
    Also, what I see is the blue loading bar only goes a little and never completes.
    01-28-19 04:48 PM
    Sorry also the internet seems to be connected but the pages won't load. (just to be more specific) I can't check because nothing opens related to that, that I know of, and I have bars on top right corner if that means internet. (if not, then I don't know)
    Also, what I see is the blue loading bar only goes a little and never completes.
    Have you performed a factory reset . Settings - security and privacy - security wipe.

Please remember to have your bbid and password available.

Let us know how you get on
    01-29-19 11:33 AM
    Can't settings won't open. When I click on it only shows a black screen.
    thank you for your reply.
    01-29-19 12:39 PM
    Try using a different usb cable when connecting the device to you pc .

Turn the device off, open link, connect using different cable and turn device on and let it boot and see if Link detects it that way .
    01-29-19 03:39 PM
    Ok tried it. Didn't work.
    But thank you anyway
    01-29-19 03:52 PM
    Ok tried it. Didn't work.
    But thank you anyway
    Your best bet is probably to update your OS with an autoloader.
    01-29-19 10:09 PM
    Windows XP 64 bit
    Sorry couldn't figure out how to get back to post im new.
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!! Post early and post often...
    01-29-19 10:51 PM
    My phone is blackberry z30
    not sure what its operating on
    Verizon carrier
    tried: reset, shut down and power up, soft reset, BB link reload(factory reset)

My phone randomly stops working and atleast the settings, internet, weather do not update or work. I get a message (not sure if related) that says its from Blackberry ID
    "one or more applications/services require you to very" and preview cuts off there. I can't open message sometimes and now it has opened but again goes to just black screen when I hit open.
    When this happened last, only thing that worked was reloading it on BlackBerry link. Now I can't even do that. When I go to BB link it says phone is disconnected even though phone says it is connected. And when I press reload device software it says, "there was an error updating your software" Underneath title it says, "A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again."

Thank you for your help everyone.
    Hey ask,

Just double-checking here: are you sure you have Link and not Blackberry Desktop Software? Usually the message you mention with the Application Loader Wizard only comes up with the latter, which is why I ask.

Don't worry though; either way I'm pretty sure we can get you back up and going.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-19 11:42 PM
    Thank You for your responses. To answer Trumpet, I have something a shortcut on my desktop that says Blackberry link. When I'm trying to "reload" BB phone it the application says "Reload device software" and you press "reload," does that help answer your question?
    Ben, thank you for your response what's autoloader is it from blackberry?
    01-30-19 10:43 AM
    Chuck Thank you for your welcoming.
    01-30-19 10:44 AM
    You can manually update your OS with an autoloader if your carrier doesn't push the update.

Follow the directions in the link from my other post and you should be fine. Unless TT has something else in mind...
    01-30-19 11:20 AM
    Hmm. Anything else? I couldn't find any downloads that were on HTTPS sites or that didn't seem illegal or I was sure about. I'm very skeptical and do not download a lot. I saw some on BB site, but none for Z30.
    01-30-19 03:41 PM
    Ok so from my recollection, the first time I plugged my device into my PC, Blackberry link software automatically wants to install . if I am right then if you delete blackberry link from your pc and then reboot the pc and then reconnect your device it should then want to install blackberry link. Hopefully at that point your pc and device will be connected. I am happy to try this myself but I will do it tomorrow if that's of any use to you . Alternatively someone will tell me I am wrong and I will stand corrected
    01-30-19 03:58 PM
    This is a known problem in Z30 with some OS version 10.3.2.xxxx and above. You need to reinstall the latest OS 10.3.3.xxxx using an autoloader.

I have been experiencing this many times. Usually happen when the phone runs out of battery completely.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-19 04:07 PM
    FYI, autoloader will erase all data in your phone internal storage. You should be able to copy your docs and media files using File Manager to your PC. You can also use Ultimate Backup to backup SMS, Call Logs, etc.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-19 04:17 PM
    Thank You for your responses. To answer Trumpet, I have something a shortcut on my desktop that says Blackberry link. When I'm trying to "reload" BB phone it the application says "Reload device software" and you press "reload," does that help answer your question?
    Hey ask1,

I'm still a little curious about where in the process after you open your Blackberry Link shortcut you see the "Application Loader Wizard;" any chance you can provide a screenshot? I ask because it seems like something may be seriously wonky with your Link if that message comes up at any point during the process of reloading a Blackberry 10 device.

However, if you'd like to skip that part, the next question would be do you have any data to back up? If so we'll want to do that before using an autoloader as Ben suggests, as that will kill all your data and set your device back to factory defaults. (as Joe also mentioned)
    01-30-19 05:46 PM
    When I open BB link I see the open to click "Devices" on the bottom. When I click that I see two opens one in the middle of the screen "remove device" and below to the left "reload device"
    At no point do I see the word Application loader wizard, except only In the error message when the reload can not continue.
    01-30-19 08:02 PM
    Sorry should say
    When I open BB link I see the option to click "Devices" on the bottom. When I click that I see two options one in the middle of the screen "remove device" and below to the left "reload device"
    At no point do I see the word Application loader wizard, except only In the error message when the reload can not continue.
    01-30-19 08:03 PM
    Sorry should say
    When I open BB link I see the option to click "Devices" on the bottom. When I click that I see two options one in the middle of the screen "remove device" and below to the left "reload device"
    Hmmm....do you have any data you need to back up from this device?
    01-30-19 08:40 PM
    Ok so from my recollection, the first time I plugged my device into my PC, Blackberry link software automatically wants to install . if I am right then if you delete blackberry link from your pc and then reboot the pc and then reconnect your device it should then want to install blackberry link. Hopefully at that point your pc and device will be connected. I am happy to try this myself but I will do it tomorrow if that's of any use to you . Alternatively someone will tell me I am wrong and I will stand corrected
    --Solved-- Thank you all. I uninstalled link and reinstalled and now everything Is working again. Thank you again.
    01-31-19 04:25 PM
    uninstalled/reinstalled link that is.
    01-31-19 04:25 PM
26 12