I paid for the unlock code, follow directions to the letter. I got the phone to unlock, verified it was unlocked and then inserted my AT&T SIM card. Found that it recognizes that SIM and I switched the network technology to GSM/UMTS and left the mode to 3G&2G. I also switched my phone number using the ##00000 . It only shows a red SOS and if I switch to Global mode is shows Verizon still as the carrier. It still won't call out. What am I doing wrong? I am going from a flip phone and am on my son's plan friends and family.
    01-23-19 12:33 PM
    I paid for the unlock code, follow directions to the letter. I got the phone to unlock, verified it was unlocked and then inserted my AT&T SIM card. Found that it recognizes that SIM and I switched the network technology to GSM/UMTS and left the mode to 3G&2G. I also switched my phone number using the ##00000 . It only shows a red SOS and if I switch to Global mode is shows Verizon still as the carrier. It still won't call out. What am I doing wrong? I am going from a flip phone and am on my son's plan friends and family.
    The 9930 is a CDMA device.

AT&T is a GSM carrier.
    01-23-19 12:40 PM
    What am I doing wrong?
    You bought a 9930, it's not compatible with AT&T since AT&T 2G no longer exists, which would have been the only network it would have connected to as a VZW device.
    01-23-19 12:42 PM
    That explains that... Looks like the phone goes on eBay to try and recoup my loss. Thanks so much
    Bla1ze likes this.
    01-23-19 12:52 PM