I have been using a BB Z3 for years now and it is time to move to another phone. Main camera bad is my main reason, and will not hook to WiFi. To be blunt I want to stay with the BB 10 OS. I have my heart set for a Z30. So I have been hunting E-bay everyday now. Lots of Verizon branded Z30's there, in my price range. But wanting to use it on T-mobile network.
    So would it be better to stay away from the BB10 os or will I survive a few more years with the right Z30? STA100-1, -2, or a STA100-5
    01-22-19 05:37 PM
    Z30 - Sure, as long as you know its limitations and its what you want.
    Verizon Z30 for use on T-Mobile - Bad idea - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...018-a-1151696/
    01-22-19 05:51 PM
    Keep in mind that the official end of support date for BB10 is the end of this year; whatever happens to BB10 devices after that point is uncharted territory. Depending on how good a deal you can find on a STA100-5 (the best variant to use on T-Mobile) you might get a good stopgap measure for the rest of 2019, but you should think of an exit strategy some time before December.
    01-22-19 06:37 PM
    Thank you for the answers. The -5's are getting hard to find om E-bay. I have found a few -1's but I'm still looking and hopeful.
    01-22-19 06:52 PM
    https://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Z3...UvbUpU13338626

Saw this on Amazon.

Hope this helps.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    01-22-19 07:56 PM
    I have been using a BB Z3 for years now and it is time to move to another phone. Main camera bad is my main reason, and will not hook to WiFi. To be blunt I want to stay with the BB 10 OS. I have my heart set for a Z30. So I have been hunting E-bay everyday now. Lots of Verizon branded Z30's there, in my price range. But wanting to use it on T-mobile network.
    So would it be better to stay away from the BB10 os or will I survive a few more years with the right Z30? STA100-1, -2, or a STA100-5
    If you want to stay with BB10 then yes get the Z30 . I use one as my personal device and it does everything I need it to do and is far more fluid and intuitive than my BlackBerry Android devices
    01-22-19 08:48 PM
    Hi!
    I have the same dilemma. Currently I use a BB Z10 and it works pesfectly. But I saw some new Z30 for sale, at very good price (125 USD). Has this type much more advantage vs. Z10? Being 65+ I do not use games and do not watch films. Is it worth changing? Thanks for your advice in advance.
    01-23-19 04:53 AM
    Hi!
    I have the same dilemma. Currently I use a BB Z10 and it works pesfectly. But I saw some new Z30 for sale, at very good price (125 USD). Has this type much more advantage vs. Z10? Being 65+ I do not use games and do not watch films. Is it worth changing? Thanks for your advice in advance.
    Ok so as you may be aware at the end of 2019, Blackberry will no longer support the BB10 operating system. No one knows what will happen to our devices because they rely upon Blackberry ID etc. Also as you have a Z10 you are aware of the growing limitations in terms of applications etc. Having used the z10 and then upgraded to the Z30, I can honestly say the Z30 is a better device. It will do the same things just better, so as long as you accept the uncertainty, the lack of applications , then yes go for it ...you won't be disappointed. I use a z30 as my personal device and will continue to do so .
    01-23-19 11:09 AM
    https://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Z3...UvbUpU13339274

Saw this on Amazon.

Hope this helps.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    That listing is a trick, or down right lie. I bought one from them from that listing, 12/20/18 was going to be my Christmas press to myself. It was not a -5 but a -2. sent back.
    01-24-19 03:00 PM
    Hi!
    Larger Battery, Larger & Better Screen, Better Sound.... back in the day those that wanted bigger, loved it. But some like the smaller size of the Z10.

Is it worth it.... depends on if $125 is pocket change or rent. Personally I'd put it towards something that will work in 2020.
    01-24-19 03:46 PM
    For me it's the best blackberry performance : call receptions quality is the best, wireless signal receptions also very good (even compare to my Samsung device), and stereo speaker is amazing.

Sent from My amazing Z30
    01-24-19 03:57 PM
    Hi!
    The Z30 was definitely a superior phone to the Z10. My father, 70± was still using his Z30 until accidentally dropping a bottle and shattering the display and screen. Previously, he was using the Z10 and mentioned several times how the Z30 was a big improvement.

Nonetheless, and as mentioned by others, we have no certainty of what will happen to BB10 devices by next year. I would hesitate buying one to use as main device, unless it's a temporary solution until the end of the year.

Ironically, after the demise of my father's Z30, I gave him my PRIV, which in all honesty, has frustrated the heck out of him. But after I explained the uncertainty of BB10 reliability after 2019, he is giving Android a shot.

I still have a Passport as secondary device and believe BB10 to be the best designed mobile OS. Unfortunately, it no longer serves my need, thus I've tried to tweak my KEYᵒⁿᵉ to replicate some of the BB10 features.

BTW, regarding this last part, take a look at the Crackberry news, there was an article a few days ago about tweaking tips for Android to make it seem as similar as possible to BB10.
    01-24-19 04:07 PM
    I think its time to move on.

I get it that BB10 was incredible and in a perfect world it would be a living OS with apps, support etc but its dead now.

Put that cash towards one of the new android devices. With a bit of setting up they really are excellent, especially the key2.

You will also be giving support to the future of blackberry devices.
    01-24-19 04:09 PM
    I'd say do it mckneb. I use a Z30 as my daily driver and have no issues. Just make sure you get one that will work on T-Mobile. If you find an AT&T or foreign GSM-based model you should be fine.
    01-25-19 02:35 PM
    I have found me a "good used Z30 STA100-5" on E-bay under $70.oo inc. shipping, and is on the way. I have also picked out a New Android device in the "case" that the Z30 flops out. So will update once I get my hands on the Z30 and run it a day or two. If the battery is as good as the one in the Z3 I currently use, I will be happy. Baring any unforeseen setbacks, will use it till the end of life, cracked screen, or submersion in washing machine. (the fate of my first Cell a Nokia, left in pants pocket and in the wash it went)
    01-26-19 11:04 AM
    I have found me a "good used Z30 STA100-5" on E-bay under $70.oo inc. shipping, and is on the way. I have also picked out a New Android device in the "case" that the Z30 flops out. So will update once I get my hands on the Z30 and run it a day or two. If the battery is as good as the one in the Z3 I currently use, I will be happy. Baring any unforeseen setbacks, will use it till the end of life, cracked screen, or submersion in washing machine. (the fate of my first Cell a Nokia, left in pants pocket and in the wash it went)
    Good move, you won't be disappointed!
    01-26-19 12:19 PM
    I received the Z30 this past Friday. I am glad to have it. It is used but in very good shape 9+ / 10, Yes the battery last longer than the Z3 I was using. Not fully set up yet. Personal ring tones for my family and the like, but working on it. When the end the year rolls around and support ends, I may look for a good used Dtec 60. But I am glad to have my Z30, it is as good as I hoped.
    02-05-19 06:13 PM
    It was an awesome phone back in its prime. Enjoy your Z30.

I received the Z30 this past Friday. I am glad to have it. It is used but in very good shape 9+ / 10, Yes the battery last longer than the Z3 I was using. Not fully set up yet. Personal ring tones for my family and the like, but working on it. When the end the year rolls around and support ends, I may look for a good used Dtec 60. But I am glad to have my Z30, it is as good as I hoped.
    02-05-19 09:31 PM
    Just got a z30 from Amazon 69$ using it has a beater phone for email and calls only!!

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    02-07-19 04:52 AM
    Bought 2 Z30s in mid-2016 for my wife and me.
    During the first time she was not enthusiastic because of the usability.
    But she got it after a while (and playing some of her beloved card solitaires)

Got them for 110.- (each), and another one 2 years later for 40.- (cond. 9-10).

And I'm happy to have found this forum now,
    because I have a (simple?) question that isn't worth a new thread:

When an e-mail arrives, the LED flashes red.
    And flashes and flashes...

Is it possible to change the color, because RED is so alarming?
    - See the difference?

2nd idea: Dimming - but how (no hardware proposals please…)?
    Didn’t find anything about that in the settings to change the default color.
    (Step-by-step-)Ideas welcome
    03-16-19 12:00 PM
    Is it possible to change the color, because RED is so alarming?
    - See the difference?
    Yep, you can change the color;

•Go to settings
    •Notifications
    •Tap the profile you wish to edit (e.g. Normal)
    •Customize app notifications
    •Email messages
    •LED color, and you can pick whichever color you want.
    03-16-19 12:34 PM
    Thank you very much
    - sometimes it's so basic...

Nice side effect:
    In the search for the comparability of different flashing colors, I sent an e-mail to my account, changed the LED color, sent another message, and so on.
    As long as you do not open a message, you can see the different colors blinking one after the other...
    03-17-19 12:30 PM
    I use my phone got work. I originally worked from an iPhone 8, then a 5S, but even using a Galaxy S7 the apps proved to be a distraction. I switched to a Windows Phone The Alcatel Idol 4S. While it got the job done I found it to be not as productive an d mostly served as an out of office notification tool. I then just in January switched to the BlackBerry Z30 and man! It's like an old friend came back. Have my email account and service box linked to this bad boy and Skype from the Amazon store so I'm loving it! Stuff gets done! Let's just pit it that way! My only concern is when BlackBerry will drop BlackBerry 10. I missed and love the HUB. This machine rocks! It's worth it but the only limitations are the lack of apps.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-31-19 11:14 AM
    Also wanted to add I use my  Z30 on AT&T and formerly on T-Mobile and works like a charm.

Posted via my  Z30
    03-31-19 11:20 AM
    Ugh, my Z30 really is a decent device. I just wish BlackBerry weren't cutting support to bb10.3.BlahBlahBlah. Unfortunately, such is the case. Can I install a newer OS, possibly an android OS on my Z30? Otherwise, I'm afraid it's time to lay this beauty to rest and pick up something else. (Continue w/ BlackBerry on Android? Or get something like a Samsung or pixl?!?!)
    04-16-19 04:39 AM
36 12